Who Will be Ripley's Coach

grlsbball

Lake County ONLY HAD 18 players and made the playoffs...And with those athletes ( IF THEY CAN GET THEM OUT THERE) with that offense LC runs.. It isn't the spread...It is the SAME OFFENSE that George Quarles runs at Maryville...A Passing game deluxe....That is what one of the asst. coaches told me about the offense...and they made it work with 18 players...Give that guy some playmakers..at Ripley WILL SURPRISE in the Region...Ripley got a good coach IMO...Better than we got at Dyersburg.... /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StevieRay speaks the truth. I still don't understand the Dyersburg hire. I think Ripley got a better one too. Which would be like Vandy getting a better coach than UT or Bama. Just doesn't make sense as to why that should ever happen. Now I hear D burg is going to the Tony Franklin spread like Dyer Co? Great because we all know how Stowe loves to throw the football and knows exactly how to coach the passing game!

Why would Ripley hire a man that does not like to stay anywhere for over a period of two years. I heard that Coach Pelligrino applied for just about every job that was open during the off season. Ex: Dyersburg, Ripley, Haywod and who knows what other jobs. I mean if there is a program in west tennessee that illustrates the direct opposite of stability it's that one. I mean the only coach that stayed longer than two or three years was Mcadams and I assume that everyone knows the story of why he left Ripley or he more than likely would still be the Head Coach. Coach Wheeler stayed three years and you had to believe he always had is eye on the Covington job and he definitely was going to jump on that opportunity when it came open and why not, his wife is from there and he had a lot success there when he was the Defensive Coordinator. The only reason Pelligrino got hired at Ripley is because of the New Super. used to be the principal at Lake County and he is the one that hired him, so I really don't know why they even had interviews for the job because it was his to have as soon as Coach Wheeler announced he was leaving.

Well, I say to Coach Pelligrino welcome to the new 3A/4A REGION football where athletes run wild and gimmick offenses want work consistently, you better concentrate on trying to stop one in this Region because there want be many cupcakes on this schedule this year. But if things go like they have in the past for the new coach at Ripley they may score some points and may remind him of his days in Arena Football but defensively they will are going to get hammered just because the team thats going to win this Region is the one that stops the RUN. And defense is not something he is known for!!

Amen! In this league the team that can consistently RUN the football, control the clock, move the chains and play

defense will be darn near unbeatable. You won't win in this league consistently throwing all over the place! You can take that to the bank!!!!!1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to just about every Lake Co game since the late 60's ..I've met or been around just about every coach except for Coach P..I agree with Stevie Ray..Give this guy some athletes and let's see what he can do..Everyone says he has no defense..At Lake co most people were calling him an offensive genius..He does have a lot up his sleeve..But be realistic..Lake Co only had about 18 players..All were going both ways..Lake Co had the skill players but just not a lot of quality linemen..Coach P really didn't have much of a choice to throw the ball with what he had..I believe Coach P would have had a good defense if he would have had more players and more talent..Also..the defense got a lot better as the year went on..I know he's going to be going against stronger teams but if it came down to a critical play for a win or a loss..I'd put my money on him to come away with something !

• 4 weeks later...