Manassas @ Middleton 1/20/09

Legend

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue. It wasn't on the radio. Maybe it will be on the Memphis news. I am going to watch and see.

Yankees8589,

Based on my experiences with the "follow up" tendencies of many vocal, home-team posters.... I STRONGLY SUSPECT that the home team (Middleton, in this case) got beaten, rather handily (by Manassas)!

More often than not, after many pages of big-game chatter, predictions & pre-game hype, many home-team fans often go A.W.O.L (in defeat) and fail to return to the boards to post follow-up comments. On the other hand, when victorious, they EAGERLY & PROMPTLY post follow-up comments and scores, usually BEFORE the visiting team's fans can get back home to their computers...

Of course, I could be wrong. We shall see...

What I was told by a close friend that attended the game: Manassas plays very similar to Humboldt defensively. They have the tall kid (Buckner) they have number #35 who can dish the 3's out pretty well. They don't beat you off the dribble and Buckner is weak, He's big but he folds under pressure. Had quite a few turnovers tonight. Can't place the ball on the floor well, and he doesn't run the floor at all. They have a kid off the bench that's pretty strong he may be a freshman - I think that's what was written in the back of his head. They play full court man to man except for Buckner He just camps under the nets and stops lay ups, he will not step 3 ft away from the goal. Bukner folds when there's back side help, play him in front with your best post player. Deny him the ball, don't let it get in his hands. He can't fight for it and he can't establish position. Get back side help. He has to push to become free. Although Middleton didn't win they played him pretty well. #35 and the 3's made the margin so great early in the game. They pressure your point guard and leave your wings open. They also sub pretty well. 95% of the time that Bukner put the ball on the floor he turned it over.

If Middleton would have pulled the shot b4 the lay up and took more open 3's - game would have been closer. Buckner only contested the layup. He let the shots inside the foul line fall.

What I was told by a close friend that attended the game: Manassas plays very similar to Humboldt defensively. They have the tall kid (Buckner) they have number #35 who can dish the 3's out pretty well. They don't beat you off the dribble and Buckner is weak, He's big but he folds under pressure. Had quite a few turnovers tonight. Can't place the ball on the floor well, and he doesn't run the floor at all. They have a kid off the bench that's pretty strong he may be a freshman - I think that's what was written in the back of his head. They play full court man to man except for Buckner He just camps under the nets and stops lay ups, he will not step 3 ft away from the goal. Bukner folds when there's back side help, play him in front with your best post player. Deny him the ball, don't let it get in his hands. He can't fight for it and he can't establish position. Get back side help. He has to push to become free. Although Middleton didn't win they played him pretty well. #35 and the 3's made the margin so great early in the game. They pressure your point guard and leave your wings open. They also sub pretty well. 95% of the time that Bukner put the ball on the floor he turned it over.

If Middleton would have pulled the shot b4 the lay up and took more open 3's - game would have been closer. Buckner only contested the layup. He let the shots inside the foul line fall.

17pts 14rbds 8blks yes thats a lazy player!!! lol!!! You are right put 3 on Buckner like Middleton did but you did tell them that it Left Woodard open and he went for 21pts 8rbds 2blks!!!! You didnt tell them that joe northington killed them because his man had to help on reggie and left him open!!!lol!!! you did tell them that Shaq Walker did play but 2minutes because he was sick!!!!

Reggie really looked lazy when he took off almost from the freethrow line on three Middleton players!!!!! lol!!! you didnt tell them that also /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Manassas killed Middleton HB won by a few points!!!!!

did he also tell you that Manassas played 15 guys!!!! and Buckner and co didnt play the entire game

17pts 14rbds 8blks yes thats a lazy player!!! lol!!! You are right put 3 on Buckner like Middleton did but you did tell them that it Left Woodard open and he went for 21pts 8rbds 2blks!!!! You didnt tell them that joe northington killed them because his man had to help on reggie and left him open!!!lol!!! you did tell them that Shaq Walker did play but 2minutes because he was sick!!!!

Reggie really looked lazy when he took off almost from the freethrow line on three Middleton players!!!!! lol!!! you didnt tell them that also /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Manassas killed Middleton HB won by a few points!!!!!

did he also tell you that Manassas played 15 guys!!!! and Buckner and co didnt play the entire game

Quite frankly, I don't care about stats, i don't care about names. Heck, I don't care about who this Legend guy is. I just care about Humboldt having a good game when it comes to Humboldt vs. Manassas. Yeah, being a Humboldt grad, I will be pulling for them. That's natural instinct. Legend will always talk highly of his team because he is a proud supporter. It happens. So let time tell who is the better team in the end. Stop bickerin back and forth and givin Legend someone to argue with, cause he Isn't goin to back down from anyone. He is just going to turn it into a joke, just as he will this post. Go Vikings!

17pts 14rbds 8blks yes thats a lazy player!!! lol!!! You are right put 3 on Buckner like Middleton did but you did tell them that it Left Woodard open and he went for 21pts 8rbds 2blks!!!!

Oh man..that is just awful /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Quite frankly, I don't care about stats

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I like stats

I see that it's other people that bring up the Manassas/UC game and then it goes from there........all the while totally ignoring Humboldts success or lack thereof in the exact same State Tournement......I find that interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I have seen a thread about single A basketball in West TN all season that didn't go back to the 2007/2008 season..........I mean come on...how long are people going to live off that season....IT'S OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to move on.........win or lose.....let it go!!!!!!!!!

I think some of the people on here need one of those 12 step grous to help them carry on!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Very good point lets move on!!

Middleton was Humboldt very 1st game and the vikings really didn't play a good game...they didn't quite know how to play with each other yet... they didn't have the right rotation or defense in place yet...i think if Humboldt played Middleton now i say Humboldt could beat them play 15-20 pts.But Middleton did out coach Humboldt and might just out coach Manassas tomorrow night...but Buckner and company should handle Middleton pretty easily.

Legend just likes to talk!! Is the district and region both played at Dresden!!

Oh man..that is just awful /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I like stats

Defense cannot be contained. Blocks came from 5'9" players trying to draw fouls. Buckner is allowed ( because of his height ) to camp under the nets and block balls out of mid air. Just don't take them to him because he will not move out 3 ft from where he stands. Stats cannot tell you this. Stats do not tell you that Buckner lagged in getting down the court. There are many things that Stats will not tell you. Stats have Manassas ranked as #3, even Legend doesn't like Stats.

Defense cannot be contained. Blocks came from 5'9" players trying to draw fouls. Buckner is allowed ( because of his height ) to camp under the nets and block balls out of mid air. Just don't take them to him because he will not move out 3 ft from where he stands. Stats cannot tell you this. Stats do not tell you that Buckner lagged in getting down the court. There are many things that Stats will not tell you. Stats have Manassas ranked as #3, even Legend doesn't like Stats.

Stats also tell me when they are playing highly ranked teams and Buckner is still consistently getting those numbers he is not a bad player /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Also getting a free ride to Ole Miss on a basketball scholarship also tells me he ain't that bad. You don't get nationally ranked playing bad ball.