Manassas @ Middleton 1/20/09

Legend

Now, you (Not me) brought up your coaching. I just asked a few questions and you didn't answer. I knew you wouldn't anyway. You could at least anwer (1) do you consider yourself to be on par with Rick Rudesill, Dexter Williams, Derrick McCord, and Marty/Shane Sisco (2) whats your win loss record (3) and how many palyers went to college

I like the Marty/Shane deal..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> that was funny!!!!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill

F

I

SH. LOL

No one know what that means so don't tell them.

She gives me a hard time every now and then. I'm not being rude, she's just on that Mannassas band wagon. LOL

You've been tough on me today don't try to pretend now. I'm nice too /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Oh I forgot redgold83....don't know what the heck your F I SH deal is about....can think of 4 things real quick off the top of my head that stands for. Certainly hope some of those are not what you meant.....cause then I ACTUALLY would be offended /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Guest snakedriver

You must have me confused with somebody else. I have nerver gotten angry over anything ever posted on here. Tell you like I have told others..this is nothing morre than childs play....not really that important in the grand scheme of things.

Now, you (Not me) brought up your coaching. I just asked a few questions and you didn't answer. I knew you wouldn't anyway. You could at least anwer (1) do you consider yourself to be on par with Rick Rudesill, Dexter Williams, Derrick McCord, and Marty/Shane Sisco (2) whats your win loss record (3) and how many palyers went to college

Again....give us all a comparrison for the whole world to see...between Buckner and Taylor/Crayton.

Again...Taylor/Crayton are good midmajor prospects and Buckner is a future NBA player...That's my opinion. You act as if Taylor/Crayton are on the same level as Buckner and that simply isn't true...if you believe it say it....put your reputation on the line.

Buckner is the best of the three and Ive seen them all. But Humboldt has more than just Taylor/Crayton. Their other two bigs (Perry and Dunbar) are Very efficient at their positions and combined should pose a challenge for Buckner come March. As for putting Buckner in the NBA already...well....let's see how he does at Ole Miss first.

Just because a kid doesn't dominate in a HS game does not mean he can't play. Thaddeus Young never absolutley destroyed people when I saw him. Yes, I saw him more than a few times. He is now in the league getting quality minutes and stats. Crayton and Taylor are nice prospects and will play college ball, Buckner has the AAU hype and ability, he is going to a major school, time will tell who has the heart and work ethic. Think about guys like Trenton Hassel and Shawn Marion. Who really thought they would be NBA material? Shawn Marion pithed a tent in the deep corners of the court on offense just like he does now in the NBA, Hassel could score in HS but in the NBA he is a defensive role player. Tony Delk did dominate games, shooting from all over the floor, sometimes a step or two past half court. I guess I am sayin you can't tell a kid's potential by how they play every game in HS. Because of who they are people put them under a microsope and every little move they make is picked at by people like us. Let them play and their game will tell the tale.

Just because a kid doesn't dominate in a HS game does not mean he can't play. Thaddeus Young never absolutley destroyed people when I saw him. Yes, I saw him more than a few times. He is now in the league getting quality minutes and stats. Crayton and Taylor are nice prospects and will play college ball, Buckner has the AAU hype and ability, he is going to a major school, time will tell who has the heart and work ethic. Think about guys like Trenton Hassel and Shawn Marion. Who really thought they would be NBA material? Shawn Marion pithed a tent in the deep corners of the court on offense just like he does now in the NBA, Hassel could score in HS but in the NBA he is a defensive role player. Tony Delk did dominate games, shooting from all over the floor, sometimes a step or two past half court. I guess I am sayin you can't tell a kid's potential by how they play every game in HS. Because of who they are people put them under a microsope and every little move they make is picked at by people like us. Let them play and their game will tell the tale.

Great Post!!!!

Thought I was going to retire after my last post, but this is the best post on the thread.

I'm not bickering any longer - I'm throwing in the towel on bickering - I don't enjoy it at all.

Good luck all teams and all kids - Hope they all play against or with each other on the next level.

Oh I forgot redgold83....don't know what the heck your F I SH deal is about....can think of 4 things real quick off the top of my head that stands for. Certainly hope some of those are not what you meant.....cause then I ACTUALLY would be offended /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It's not offensive - I don't use profanity and as I said only Bernitha knows.

Buckner is the best of the three and Ive seen them all. But Humboldt has more than just Taylor/Crayton. Their other two bigs (Perry and Dunbar) are Very efficient at their positions and combined should pose a challenge for Buckner come March. As for putting Buckner in the NBA already...well....let's see how he does at Ole Miss first.

That's certainly a fair statement. Manassas also has two other bigs in Kindell Woddard that has had a few dominate games (one against a Craigmont team that has beat Ridgeway, White Station, and Raliegh Egypt) and Dorsey as well...plus they have really good guard play. Taylor and Crayton are good players but Buckner is simply at a different level than those two. I really believe Buckner is a special talent...he does everything and what he does on the defensve end often goes unnoticed. Buckner is the most efficient player in the state....nobody puts up the stats this kid does (points, rebounds, blocks, assist, takes charges, and everything else)...this kid does everything and has had some monster games against really really good teams. It's really unfair to Taylor and Crayton for anybody to compare them to Buckner.....they are good players and should have nice college careers somewhere along the lines of OVC or Sunbelt type schools. I would be suprised if they went higher than that.....The SEC ain't no joke.

If you think Taylor and Crayton are on the same level as Reginald Buckner say it. Basketball is a team sport and teams with more talent obviously doesn't require one guy to dominate the ball. Marion and Hassel are in the NBA because they have the talent to play at that level.

You are right, Taylor and Crayton are nice prospects...at the mid major level.

You do know that Memphis Mitchell had two more seniors that are D1 to go along with Thad Young his senior season...not to mention the underlassman some of which are in college......don't you? That's why Thad Young didn't dominate like he was capable of.....It's a team sport.

BTW, have you seen Reginald Buckner?

I'm telling anybody on here that will actually listen that these college coaches/scouts know what they are doing.Moreso than anybody on here. Alot of people on here talk a good game but when the smoke clears and things don't turn out like they tell everybody they dissapear for awhile and then reappear at a later date and act as if they never said anything. I'm not one that is fooled by anything posted on here. I go to games (regular seasn and AAU) I see players and I know a few people. This board has more experts that rivals/hoopscoops/scout combined. I can also filter through all the smack talk on here and tell who has a clue and who doesnt. If people think I'm clueless that's their right....I will put my reputation up against anybody's.

This is begining to sound exactly like the MJ Brown stuff from last season and over the summer. People had MJ penciled in as the backup PG for UT as a freshman walkon. Some were saying he was a potential all american. He chose to go to UTM because he didn't want to ride the bench and was never going to promised a scholarship by UT. That's what MJ said ..not me. Those of us that said all that UT talk was crazy were crucified by every HOMER north of Jackson TN. Guess who was right? This stuff went on all summer.

The only people I know of that has questioned Buckners heart and work ethic is people on these boards. Andy Kennedy certainly doesnt and neither do the evaluators from the big recruiting services that actually seen him against some of the best players in the country. If you choose to believe whats on here instead of bonafide press reports from people that have seen him play and don't have an axe to grind that's your buisness. You give credence to the stuff posted on here simply by saying only time will tell if this kid has the work ethic. Make a judgement call one ay or the other..trust the Homers or trust the people that make a living doing this stuff...don't be subtle because people can read right through it.

I don't have an axe to grind with any school.........UNLIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE.........and I wish no ill will on any team. I just mix it up from time to time on here....this is all in good fun to me and really not that serious. I was one of the first on here to give Humboldt props (before the season started) and then some fans started acting like they were the defending NBA champions..that's the point where I jumped in for a reality check. They are a great team but untested because of one of the weakest schedules in the state...so it's kinda hard to guage them against a big time opponenet (how they would stack up)...Manassas on the other hand has played a tough schedule and just beat a Craigmont team that has knocked off Ridgeway, White Station, and Raliegh Egypt.

Some people use subtle language on here so it appears they are all nice and straight up good people all the while they can't stand one school or the other.....it's very easy to read through that kind of stuff....Sound Familar?

Most of these Humboldt people and just about everybody on here just talks smack and has a little fun on here. However, some don't .Those few are in the minority. Some people have real hard feelings against certain schools. I do not but I do take issue with certain fans from time to time.

Off the subject but Thad Young did dominate in high school despite having two other D-1 players on his team and a couple of Juco players. 27 pts 14 rebs. A lot of him was judged on his subpar state tourney finals. Also saw Hassell and played against Marion twice. They both were the real deal...Buckner is good...havent really saw Crayton/Taylor so I cant really judge. How do they compare with Humboldt players in recent history??