District 10 AA

3b21

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto beat East Hickman 3-2 in 8 innings. East Hickman has improved since last year. They're getting there.

Didn't they play a close first game last year and even went into extra innnings. Then the 2nd game Loretto blew them out. Plus it is the first game. What improvements did you see in the team? It really gets me when people post things about teams after one game. Let the season play out and see where they are in 2 or 3 weeks.

Didn't they play a close first game last year and even went into extra innnings. Then the 2nd game Loretto blew them out. Plus it is the first game. What improvements did you see in the team? It really gets me when people post things about teams after one game. Let the season play out and see where they are in 2 or 3 weeks.

If I remember correctly Loretto beat them bad both games? Not sure. The difference this year is Coaching, I am not sure who even follows East in baseball, but last year was the inaugeral year for the School, unfortunatly the team ended up thier first year with a Coach who was very immature and really had no idea what he was doing. Outside of poor baseball knowledge, he was "buddies" with some of the older players who pretty much dictated how the team was ran and had seven or eight girls he kept around him as "diamond girls" which had a few incidents that were not of the professional nature, that were looked into, with all the drama this guy brought by his actions led to him being dismissed from the School system all together. That is water under the bridge and forgotten. Since then a new Coach has been hired and he has made the world of difference in these kids, extensive baseball knowledge, professional " no nonsense" character, and a sincere desire to build a solid team has made the difference. It has been like night and day since yast year, the kids will be shown the proper way to play the game, and pushed to do so. It may take a few years, but the trenches are being dug to develop this program the right way. Win or lose, we are happy as a community to have such a great Coach to lead our kids.