District 10 AA

3b21

Well, the Raiders have baffled me this season. I did'nt expect this to happen. Giles and Page looked to be my front runners with Marshall and SH fighting for 3 and 4. Page had fallen off mid way through and Giles had that Gallon Jack scandal in Adamsville. I guess I've got to eat my words from earlier in the season, but the history at SH may prove itself again in the playoffs. Sometimes kids want to be kids and they may decide that going fishing and chasing girls is more important than the playoffs. Giles or Loretto will be the team that sends somebody good home. Marshall will play for Joe. Page....who will show up? If Page is back on page, then watch out! SH....how long before the wheels fall off? Page and SH both have two good arms and would be an interesting game (if they make it to that point). District 10AA..."they play to win the game". WILLIE, who said that? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Raiders have baffled me this season. I did'nt expect this to happen. Giles and Page looked to be my front runners with Marshall and SH fighting for 3 and 4. Page had fallen off mid way through and Giles had that Gallon Jack scandal in Adamsville. I guess I've got to eat my words from earlier in the season, but the history at SH may prove itself again in the playoffs. Sometimes kids want to be kids and they may decide that going fishing and chasing girls is more important than the playoffs. Giles or Loretto will be the team that sends somebody good home. Marshall will play for Joe. Page....who will show up? If Page is back on page, then watch out! SH....how long before the wheels fall off? Page and SH both have two good arms and would be an interesting game (if they make it to that point). District 10AA..."they play to win the game". WILLIE, who said that? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm not so sure why SH has baffled you so much. They are a talented, experienced team. If you look at my post before the season started, I said that SH and Page were the favorites and that whoever avoided the upsets and played consistently through the schedule would win. Spring Hill did that, while Page suffered a couple of upset losses. Page is obviously still a very very good team and is still one of the favorites to win the tournment. My opinion is that anybody, except for perhaps HC and EH, is capable of stringing enough wins together to win the tournament.

Are you trying to bait SH by your reference to "history at SH", "going fishing and chasing girls", "how long before the wheels fall off"??? If so, that's laughable. Marshall is capable of beating anyone and I've been impressed with Loretto's progress during the season. Both of them are capable teams. Giles is definitely in the mix as well. In any case, it should be a fun and exciting tournament.

First off... I'm not sure why you are calling me out or the SH Raider baseball team out? Calling me out I guess is ok... but calling the SH Raider players out is not! I'm a supporter of SH baseball... I try to support all the local teams in the Columbia area. Baseball is something I love and something that has been very good to me! Enough of that! "The history at SH" is in the past. SH is not looking back... they are looking forward! The SH teams of the past were under different coaching staffs. Let's leave that at that. The SH program started turning around 3 or 4 years ago. It takes time to get a program going the way coaches would like for it to. The SH players are much different now than they were in the past also! Not taking anything away from past players but things are different now... PERIOD! The comment about kids just wanting to be kids, going fishing, chasing girls, and other more important things than the playoffs is just plan STUPID. It's stupid because it is pointed toward the SH kids only. Do you not think that there are kids on every single 10AA baseball team or any baseball team in the state that at some point would rather be fishing, chasing girls, etc? I can see it now SH loses a game in the tournament someone will get on here and say well I guess the SH players were to worried about going fishing or chasing after girls. That baffles me! What really baffles me is "how long before the wheels fall off"? Well let me ask you this... DID THE WHEELS FALL OFF DURING THE SEASON? All I have to say to that is 21-3-1 as of 04/23/09 with 3 regular season games remaining. So you tell me. I'm not saying SH will win the District Tournament... would I like to see that and do I hope so... YES! Can anything happen in the tournament... YES! I think SH has 2 or 3 very good arms that will give them a chance to win the tournament and I will also say SH has the deepest pitching staff of any other team in District 10AA. SH went 13-1 in district play this season. The game they lost was to a very good Page team. The score was 3-2. That right there tells me that the SH team showed up every night ready to play and gave it there best. SH was the better team 13 times and not 1 time! Even when they weren't the best team that one night they still played hard and fought until the final out was made. This team is different than any other SH baseball team. All you haters need to stop comparing them to the SH teams of the past! This SH team has much more to play for than any team in the past. That will become a tradition... a program is being built! SH baseball is headed in a new direction! People either hate or love a winner. There is no in between!

As far as the tournament goes it's anybody??™s to win! Crazy things happen in baseball! Good luck to all 10AA teams in the tournament!

In an earlier post I said "You play to win the game"! I said that and I was quoting Herm Edwards when he coached the NY Jets.

And one last thing... 2009 DISTRICT 10AA SEASON CHAMPS... SPRING HILL RAIDERS!

First off... I'm not sure why you are calling me out or the SH Raider baseball team out? Calling me out I guess is ok... but calling the SH Raider players out is not! I'm a supporter of SH baseball... I try to support all the local teams in the Columbia area. Baseball is something I love and something that has been very good to me! Enough of that! "The history at SH" is in the past. SH is not looking back... they are looking forward! The SH teams of the past were under different coaching staffs. Let's leave that at that. The SH program started turning around 3 or 4 years ago. It takes time to get a program going the way coaches would like for it to. The SH players are much different now than they were in the past also! Not taking anything away from past players but things are different now... PERIOD! The comment about kids just wanting to be kids, going fishing, chasing girls, and other more important things than the playoffs is just plan STUPID. It's stupid because it is pointed toward the SH kids only. Do you not think that there are kids on every single 10AA baseball team or any baseball team in the state that at some point would rather be fishing, chasing girls, etc? I can see it now SH loses a game in the tournament someone will get on here and say well I guess the SH players were to worried about going fishing or chasing after girls. That baffles me! What really baffles me is "how long before the wheels fall off"? Well let me ask you this... DID THE WHEELS FALL OFF DURING THE SEASON? All I have to say to that is 21-3-1 as of 04/23/09 with 3 regular season games remaining. So you tell me. I'm not saying SH will win the District Tournament... would I like to see that and do I hope so... YES! Can anything happen in the tournament... YES! I think SH has 2 or 3 very good arms that will give them a chance to win the tournament and I will also say SH has the deepest pitching staff of any other team in District 10AA. SH went 13-1 in district play this season. The game they lost was to a very good Page team. The score was 3-2. That right there tells me that the SH team showed up every night ready to play and gave it there best. SH was the better team 13 times and not 1 time! Even when they weren't the best team that one night they still played hard and fought until the final out was made. This team is different than any other SH baseball team. All you haters need to stop comparing them to the SH teams of the past! This SH team has much more to play for than any team in the past. That will become a tradition... a program is being built! SH baseball is headed in a new direction! People either hate or love a winner. There is no in between!

As far as the tournament goes it's anybody??™s to win! Crazy things happen in baseball! Good luck to all 10AA teams in the tournament!

In an earlier post I said "You play to win the game"! I said that and I was quoting Herm Edwards when he coached the NY Jets.

And one last thing... 2009 DISTRICT 10AA SEASON CHAMPS... SPRING HILL RAIDERS!

Don't sugar-coat it Willie, tell us how you really feel!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's real sad for people to go after a team like Spring Hill. A team who has been through so much and has fought so hard to gain people's respect. Apparently 13-1 in district play doesn't cut it for some people. Nice 4th post, by the way...It was real insightful.

I hope the Spring Hill boys read this stuff and it gets them fired up everytime someone disrespects them. That's all it is, disrespect to them.

Wooooo, there Wil_Lee. I think the man was actually trying to pay SH a compliment, in a strange sort of way.

Congrats to SH on the Season District Championship. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Keep it going in the tournament. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How'd the boys do tonight?

Wooooo, there Wil_Lee. I think the man was actually trying to pay SH a compliment, in a strange sort of way.

Congrats to SH on the Season District Championship. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Keep it going in the tournament. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How'd the boys do tonight?

Heard they got thumped by Lawrence Co. in what was probably a meaningless game for both.

Heard they got thumped by Lawrence Co. in what was probably a meaningless game for both.

Really?

Score?

I would never play in a "meaningless" game.

Play To Win Or Don't Play. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />