Radio Play by Play

o21putt

In trying to listen to the broadcast of the OR game vs. West it is very hard to follow as it seems that the announcers are in the learn as we go stage of their careers. Even Bob Kessling would be an improvement. Maybe the new coach at TN will bring his own announcer for TN and Kessling can move to OR with the new football coach they are getting ready to hire.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be any worse than the crap on the station in Morristown.

Yeah, you've all heard of watching paint dry. Well, listening to the Morristown East broadcasts on WCRK or the Morristown West broadcasts on WJDT are like listening to paint dry. Very bad.

If you want to hear the games called well in Morristown, you need to listen to WBGQ for East broadcasts and WMTN for Morristown West games. Billy and Chris do a great job calling the East games on WBGQ, and the guy (forgot his name) does very well on the West games with the newspaper guys coming on there also.

Yeah, you've all heard of watching paint dry. Well, listening to the Morristown East broadcasts on WCRK or the Morristown West broadcasts on WJDT are like listening to paint dry. Very bad.

If you want to hear the games called well in Morristown, you need to listen to WBGQ for East broadcasts and WMTN for Morristown West games. Billy and Chris do a great job calling the East games on WBGQ, and the guy (forgot his name) does very well on the West games with the newspaper guys coming on there also.

Hm...I had forgot West has the AM radio station. I never think to switch the dial over on frequencies. I'll have to give it a try. I agree about the guys for WBGQ. Those boys can get really excited about the games. Although, WCRK deserves a few props for covering East for so many years, I guess.

In trying to listen to the broadcast of the OR game vs. West it is very hard to follow as it seems that the announcers are in the learn as we go stage of their careers. Even Bob Kessling would be an improvement. Maybe the new coach at TN will bring his own announcer for TN and Kessling can move to OR with the new football coach they are getting ready to hire.

Hey.. Just thought I would clear that up, for the West game David was still under the weather so we used a current Junior and Senior. The person that was doing play by play has done color for a little over a year and the person doing color has done less than ten games. Sorry if it was a little different than the usual call from David, but he couldn't do it. David will be back for the rest of the year, and started back with his calls this past Friday against Karns, so be sure to tune into prepradio.com again.

And yes, as it was mentioned before.. everything David does is done by HS students learning the field

Thanks!

And yes, as it was mentioned before.. everything David does is done by HS students learning the field

Thanks!

Those are some great video you posted.

For those that haven't seen them, look under Multimedia on the front page of the site.

I do take exception to your remark about the kids doing the West game. I thought those kids did a great job and it would seem that maybe the result of the game wasn't to your liking so you took it out on them. Please don't bash high school kids trying to learn the trade. They were stepping in for me and I appreciate them greatly. Say what you want about me but not them. David Clary

Sounds like he may be that other guy.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just wish this guy could have done it without the name calling. Its just amazing how brave people are when they can post on a board somewhere and not have to give their real name.

I would be more than happy to talk to the person face-to-face at a ballgame. Even let him sit in on a broadcast with me.