Father Ryan vs. Independence

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Gotta appreciate that "JV" division of the state that has produced the only ranked NCAA wrestlers that I am aware of at this moment. Dont see any of the "Varsity" division wrestlers performing too well on the National scene right now. 3 JVers ranked in DI 1 in DII. If only those poor JV kids had been given the chance to wrestle at the varsity level.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta appreciate that "JV" division of the state that has produced the only ranked NCAA wrestlers that I am aware of at this moment. Dont see any of the "Varsity" division wrestlers performing too well on the National scene right now. 3 JVers ranked in DI 1 in DII. If only those poor JV kids had been given the chance to wrestle at the varsity level.

my memory is not so great,,,but I seem to recall that even the ncaa champ from last year lost to his counterpart at soddy daisy in the Mccallie tournament his senior year.

I think they were both state champs (I know, Leen was always a state champ in his years) that year for their Div.

You know, texas,we should never let facts get in the way of good solid opinions. I kinda liked the poster's idea from a while back to have a quick D1 D2 top 4 go at it.Why not? Gotta hand it to the FR wrestlers for being tough and ready, good work. To follow up on GHouse's question, is Indy wrestling hurt these days? Also, PBD, I don't know if "smugitude" is a word or not, but, no offense, the Blackman posters had a dose of it after the FR match, but earned it, I guess. And as BCB agrees, you are quite wordy, but you are smooth ....." like buttah"...

You know, texas,we should never let facts get in the way of good solid opinions. I kinda liked the poster's idea from a while back to have a quick D1 D2 top 4 go at it.Why not? Gotta hand it to the FR wrestlers for being tough and ready, good work. To follow up on GHouse's question, is Indy wrestling hurt these days? Also, PBD, I don't know if "smugitude" is a word or not, but, no offense, the Blackman posters had a dose of it after the FR match, but earned it, I guess. And as BCB agrees, you are quite wordy, but you are smooth ....." like buttah"...

well....I do not think I was disputing an opinion, just saying that a one time victory is not the measuring guide to who is better, be it a dual or an individual match. It was meant as a point of reference to how things work and turn out. I also think that was really the essence of the entire thought process, the top four are really tough in each Div., but it falls of after that.

well....I do not think I was disputing an opinion, just saying that a one time victory is not the measuring guide to who is better, be it a dual or an individual match. It was meant as a point of reference to how things work and turn out. I also think that was really the essence of the entire thought process, the top four are really tough in each Div., but it falls of after that.

Ok, but let's say. If you matched the #1 in D1 vs the #1 in D2, and the #2's against each other (using the current rankings). Which side do you think would come out on top?

Ok, but let's say. If you matched the #1 in D1 vs the #1 in D2, and the #2's against each other (using the current rankings). Which side do you think would come out on top?

It does not matter who I think would win, unless they get on the mat it is only for entertainment. I would bet that the number one ranked in each weight class for each division will not be the one on the top of the stand in a few weeks. Wrestlers lose matches.

It does not matter who I think would win, unless they get on the mat it is only for entertainment. I would bet that the number one ranked in each weight class for each division will not be the one on the top of the stand in a few weeks. Wrestlers lose matches.

Good point, Texas, looking for ward to the next four weeks .....but it would be an interesting exercise.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Cody Cleveland ranked, and Nick Marable, who got screwed last year out of going to the NCAA Finals..?

And no offense to the "JV" Division, but the only ones that would place in division 1, are the State Champions, and #2's at weight classes: 103, 119. 125, 140, 152, and HWT, and coming from a JV division fan, like myself.

PRTiii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

my memory is not so great,,,but I seem to recall that even the ncaa champ from last year lost to his counterpart at soddy daisy in the Mccallie tournament his senior year.

I think they were both state champs (I know, Leen was always a state champ in his years) that year for their Div.

Gotta remind you guys that Cody Clevland was a state place finisher in D 1(Tullahoma) and D 2 (McCallie)

and the guy that beat Jordan is a great Ref and soon to be Dad from the Steve Henry clan and has his pic up as a state champ in the round gym

Jv Division?? Yea right. And There would be many DII placers who would easily place in DI.

103: Cole Moseley?? He beat the number one and two in DI?

112:Zach Watson?? Best 112 in the state of Tennessee

119: Alex Manley and Kendall Ray?? They both would place

125: Michael Hooker, Stuart Doster, Daniel Baucke? All three would place

130: Cole Hayes?? Hayes would take the DI title

135: Cody Austell?? Austell beat DI's #1 ranked 140, I am pretty sure he would place in top 3

140: TJ Duncan? No question, He would place

145: Chance Hayes? He would place

152: Patrick Marchetti, Justin Cash would both be the champs in DI. Martino could even place

160: Daniel Todd would place

171: Wes Wesley would place in DI

189: Max Jarrell would not be as succesful, but he would definetly place

Heavyweight: Ryan Carrethers can beat any heavy in the state.

In some years D1 is better and in other years D2 is better. When the TSSAA split wrestling into D1 & D2 it made it much easier for some wrestlers to both advance and place in the state tournament. JMO, but I would love to see everyone placed back together with wrestlers having to place in the top 4 of their district & region tournament to advance on to the state tournament. Once wrestlers reach the state tournament have a 16 man double elimination bracket and place the top 8 wrestlers in each weight classification. By placing everyone back together and having a 16 man bracket each and every match would be a war. You would see number one and two seeded wrestlers getting knocked off in the first round due to the high level of competition. Another thing that you would see is teams with 3 finalist, 1 third place finisher and 1 fourth place finisher would have a chance to win the tournament due to parity. This system would also give small schools like Greenback more opportunities to win the traditional state wrestling championship.

140: TJ Duncan? No question, He would place

If I'm not mistaken, I did put in my post that most of the state champions would place.

BUT, I am not quite sure that TJ would place in division 1, if I'm not mistaken, didn't he

get pinned by Jonathan Taylor from Redbank? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Unless that was a fluke pin, which I don't believe it was seeing how he pinned, and teched

his way through the tourney, he wouldn't place in D1.

And I wouldn't go to far as to they would all easily place in state, as we all have learned from

past experiences, it's all in how you draw in the tournament.

PRTiii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />