Karns Football

kbeavr

He was a great JV qb his soph. year. Dees is a much tougher kid then Bolden and can play at other positions. Every time that Dees got into games on friday nights he drove the team dowm and scored. not sure on the transfer issue but, do know that he can play somewhere on the feld, brings great attitude.

I may be stupid or blindly optimistic or stupid and blindly optimistic but I'm not giving up on those Beavers. There are a lot of sophomores who can play and aren't buying in to the fact that if you're at Karns you're supposed to lose. You can nay say the Coach all you want but he's the one we (well actually Dr. Davis the principal) picked so I say to you Karns people:

It's a little over a month til the season starts so how about getting behind the team and try to help make something good happen! Great coaching can certainly help you win but coaching you don't like doesn't necessarily mean you're going to lose. Anyone have a few positive comments about this year's players?

BTW Dees is at Hardin Valley and may not play football.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be stupid or blindly optimistic or stupid and blindly optimistic but I'm not giving up on those Beavers. There are a lot of sophomores who can play and aren't buying in to the fact that if you're at Karns you're supposed to lose. You can nay say the Coach all you want but he's the one we (well actually Dr. Davis the principal) picked so I say to you Karns people:

It's a little over a month til the season starts so how about getting behind the team and try to help make something good happen! Great coaching can certainly help you win but coaching you don't like doesn't necessarily mean you're going to lose. Anyone have a few positive comments about this year's players?

Beaver Nation: Help is on the way. This past freshmen class was as good as any I have seen in East Tennessee. Outside of the ole Admirals, Karns has a decent class. QB was pretty elusive and they had several horses to man up the Defense.

It takes time to change the whole programs attitude so give the HC some time and support to get it done. Changing coaches every 3 or 4 years is no way to build a program.

Why is Dees not playing?

Why is Dees not playing?

Dees transfered to HVA (not playing there), freshman QB transfered to Catholic. Seems to me if you are on your way up players would stay, just a thought. Karns has some talent but, they are young and will take some lumps this year. Looking at te overall team they are undersized but, if the coaches can pull them together they may be fine, hasn't happen in 2 years maybe the third year is the one.

I thought the Dees kid was playing at HVA, big loss on the freshman transfer to Catholic. I have watched a few of the passing league games and the kids look to be small, I know they had a good season as freshman but this is varsity and from what I have seen so far this year will not be the one for a total turn around. The Karns faithful should have a lot to look forward to as these kids get experince under the lights.

Dees transfered to HVA (not playing there), freshman QB transfered to Catholic. Seems to me if you are on your way up players would stay, just a thought. Karns has some talent but, they are young and will take some lumps this year. Looking at te overall team they are undersized but, if the coaches can pull them together they may be fine, hasn't happen in 2 years maybe the third year is the one.

Karns was hard on Dees but if you'll check it out I believe you'll find that football wasn't the (main) reason he transferred, evidenced by the fact that he's not even playing.

If you know the Coach Morris story you'll understand why several players transferred to Catholic. I don't know what Catholic has at QB but I doubt that the freshman QB is destined to be The Man - he actually might have had a better chance to develop at Karns.

You're right about them being young and you're right about them being small but it seems like the overall attitude is different/better. The team chemistry is very important - the coaches have a part to play but a lot of it is a personal decision by the players. I think they'll win. 5-5; maybe better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Karns was hard on Dees but if you'll check it out I believe you'll find that football wasn't the (main) reason he transferred, evidenced by the fact that he's not even playing.

If you know the Coach Morris story you'll understand why several players transferred to Catholic. I don't know what Catholic has at QB but I doubt that the freshman QB is destined to be The Man - he actually might have had a better chance to develop at Karns.

You're right about them being young and you're right about them being small but it seems like the overall attitude is different/better. The team chemistry is very important - the coaches have a part to play but a lot of it is a personal decision by the players. I think they'll win. 5-5; maybe better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Not sure on your coach Morris thing seems much of the same, lets blame someone else for kids leaving, I disagree about the freshman QB having a better chance at Karns from my understanding Catholic had more than 15 college recruiters at spring practice, not that many from what I seen at the Karns spring practice and 5-5 is a bit of a pipe dream, Karns as been 2-8 and 1-9 the last two years with mostly senior players and you feel they can come in with a soph loaded team and win 5, I hope so but, lets be realistic.

I can tell you from the talk I here Dees transfered because of family issues, the reason he is not playing from those same people is because of the GREAT experince he had at Karns, and he is sour on football, only what I here.

Whats the Coach Morris story, sounds like you are making some kid of statment that he had something to do with kids leaving Karns,

I have heard year after year how this kid that kid whoever should be here at KHS, the same can be said for Bearden they have 5 players that went to Catholic, part of its parents thinking the grass is greener on the otherside sometimes it maybe, in this case if you look at the history of Karns compared to many of te other schools their record of success is slim and for the most part the next level of play likes kids that come from winning programs. Turning that around at Karns will be tough because you have to keep kids to do that and parents just don't want to take that chance. That all comes from parents all having D-1 ball players, the kids play for the fun not scholarships.

Whats the Coach Morris story, sounds like you are making some kid of statment that he had something to do with kids leaving Karns,

I have heard year after year how this kid that kid whoever should be here at KHS, the same can be said for Bearden they have 5 players that went to Catholic, part of its parents thinking the grass is greener on the otherside sometimes it maybe, in this case if you look at the history of Karns compared to many of te other schools their record of success is slim and for the most part the next level of play likes kids that come from winning programs. Turning that around at Karns will be tough because you have to keep kids to do that and parents just don't want to take that chance. That all comes from parents all having D-1 ball players, the kids play for the fun not scholarships.

Coach Morris was the Karns freshman coach last year. His son Keegan was an 8th grader scheduled to start high school at Karns this year. The family wanted him to go somewhere else so that he'd be in a more successful football program. They chose Catholic. The Karns admins decided that if Coach Morris didn't think Karns was fit for his son then perhaps it was inappropriate for him to continue to coach there. I'm not sure but at one point it appeared that he was also going to Catholic to help with coaching. Some of his Karns freshmen (but not nearly as many as was once rumored) were motivated to follow him. If you know of a decent quarterback who wants to instantly inherit a back up role, have him enroll at Karns quickly.

There may be more exposure at Catholic but there are probably also more established quarterbacks - freshman, JV, varsity. If the ex Karns guy is that much better he will get exposure but he'll have to step up and beat out some guys who've already been there or he'll end up switching positions.

Sure the 5-5 is optimistic but who wants to already be pessimistic at this time of year? Certainly the Karns kids are small - because most of them are sophomores. But small guys who can run, cut and/or run good routes can give big guys fits. Last year it was the D that killed them. This year there are some newer guys with the killer instinct who really hate to lose. We'll see what happens but I'm staying optimistic.

I say let's stop talking about Dees - the kid's had it pretty hard already and would probably rather not read about our opinions of the ups and downs of his life on CoachT. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Coach Morris was the Karns freshman coach last year. His son Keegan was an 8th grader scheduled to start high school at Karns this year. The family wanted him to go somewhere else so that he'd be in a more successful football program. They chose Catholic. The Karns admins decided that if Coach Morris didn't think Karns was fit for his son then perhaps it was inappropriate for him to continue to coach there. I'm not sure but at one point it appeared that he was also going to Catholic to help with coaching. Some of his Karns freshmen (but not nearly as many as was once rumored) were motivated to follow him. If you know of a decent quarterback who wants to instantly inherit a back up role, have him enroll at Karns quickly.

There may be more exposure at Catholic but there are probably also more established quarterbacks - freshman, JV, varsity. If the ex Karns guy is that much better he will get exposure but he'll have to step up and beat out some guys who've already been there or he'll end up switching positions.

Sure the 5-5 is optimistic but who wants to already be pessimistic at this time of year? Certainly the Karns kids are small - because most of them are sophomores. But small guys who can run, cut and/or run good routes can give big guys fits. Last year it was the D that killed them. This year there are some newer guys with the killer instinct who really hate to lose. We'll see what happens but I'm staying optimistic.

I say let's stop talking about Dees - the kid's had it pretty hard already and would probably rather not read about our opinions of the ups and downs of his life on CoachT. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

from the rumor mill I think allot of kids would have followed coach morris but, you are talking about 9-10k to attend Catholic, from what I here this coach took his son out of Karns because he was on the staff for the last two years and did not agree with the way the coaches ran their program. From those same rumor mills the guy only coached like 6 or 7 years in the Karns community , it seems pretty funny that he would take his son away from friends and team mates to go somewhere else when he was a coach on the HS staff. I agree with you in trying to be positive about the upcoming season and supporting the team and I can tell you that me for one hopes for a winning season period, been watching the bad side of football to long.