11AA

utvols04

Cheatham by 5

I see Waverlys luck ran out.

Call it luck or whatever, but the game was a very close game until the final four minutes. It's hard to beat a team three times so I commend the Lady Indians. The Collump girl for Waverly is a heck of a shooter and makes that team go in my opinion. They could be tough in the region on their home court. I don't see the reason to hate on them. Like I said in an earlier post they haven't had much success in a long time so let them enjoy it. As for the game against Cheatham I feel Harpeth is going to take it. Carr, although successful, has almost always been sort of a jerk win or lose.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call it luck or whatever, but the game was a very close game until the final four minutes. It's hard to beat a team three times so I commend the Lady Indians. The Collump girl for Waverly is a heck of a shooter and makes that team go in my opinion. They could be tough in the region on their home court. I don't see the reason to hate on them. Like I said in an earlier post they haven't had much success in a long time so let them enjoy it. As for the game against Cheatham I feel Harpeth is going to take it. Carr, although successful, has almost always been sort of a jerk win or lose.

I dont hate Waverly, but I do think they are mean spirited girls, they are a very rough team, some of them I have watched play since middle school, and they were mean back then too.

And I agree, Carr can be a horses behind, but his girls aren't. So don't go hating on Cheatham because of the girls......... they are good girls who play hard, the seniors want this tourney win bad, and they will win it. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I still say Cheatham gets the win. And btw, I do not live in Cheatham County, they are not my home team.

I dont hate Waverly, but I do think they are mean spirited girls, they are a very rough team, some of them I have watched play since middle school, and they were mean back then too.

And I agree, Carr can be a horses behind, but his girls aren't. So don't go hating on Cheatham because of the girls......... they are good girls who play hard, the seniors want this tourney win bad, and they will win it. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I still say Cheatham gets the win. And btw, I do not live in Cheatham County, they are not my home team.

wow...this group of girls i would have to say are far from mean...i dont know where you come off insulting them like that, whats the hate for?? did you go to a school or play for a school that got beat by some of these girls or what?? i would like to know first which middle school you were talking about about because waverly central players come from both waverly jr high and lakeview elementary and im not going to say who came from where but i would like to know which girls you are talking about are mean because i know this is a false statement for sure!

besides the garbage from this person, congrats tigerettes, proud of ya'l...should be able to pull a win out of the next game and then good luck in regionals, great season!

wow...this group of girls i would have to say are far from mean...i dont know where you come off insulting them like that, whats the hate for?? did you go to a school or play for a school that got beat by some of these girls or what?? i would like to know first which middle school you were talking about about because waverly central players come from both waverly jr high and lakeview elementary and im not going to say who came from where but i would like to know which girls you are talking about are mean because i know this is a false statement for sure!

besides the garbage from this person, congrats tigerettes, proud of ya'l...should be able to pull a win out of the next game and then good luck in regionals, great season!

Nope, the middle school games I saw, Waverly got beat. And it was Waverly Middle. Your girls are rough rough rough, e1 in the district knows it, you know it too. worst team for throwing elbow in the area, But they cry when its give back to em.

Nope, the middle school games I saw, Waverly got beat. And it was Waverly Middle. Your girls are rough rough rough, e1 in the district knows it, you know it too. worst team for throwing elbow in the area, But they cry when its give back to em.

I don't know exactly how to respond to this. It is obvious you have a strong prejudice when it comes to Waverly. You keep talking about girls you have watched through middle school. Well of the girls that play regularly this year, only four are from Waverly Junior High. One is a freshman and one a sophmore and since you keep talking about the seniors at Cheatham I am guess these two younger players would not apply. That leaves two seniors. These two girls have rarely even played in a varsity game until this year (we are talking mopup minutes only). So either you are basing this on what you saw four years ago (their junior high years) or this year. Well I have seen every game this year and you are badly mistaken. Now is basketball physical, yes. Is there pushing and shoving underneath the basket, yes. Do both sides complain about the other and yet try to gain an advantage the same way, yes. However, to call out these girls the way you have is biased and unfair. Oh by the way I never seen either one of these girls "cry" about anything. You are badly mistaken and I believe the responses you gotten on this board more than proves that "everyone" does not agree with your assessment.

I don't know exactly how to respond to this. It is obvious you have a strong prejudice when it comes to Waverly. You keep talking about girls you have watched through middle school. Well of the girls that play regularly this year, only four are from Waverly Junior High. One is a freshman and one a sophmore and since you keep talking about the seniors at Cheatham I am guess these two younger players would not apply. That leaves two seniors. These two girls have rarely even played in a varsity game until this year (we are talking mopup minutes only). So either you are basing this on what you saw four years ago (their junior high years) or this year. Well I have seen every game this year and you are badly mistaken. Now is basketball physical, yes. Is there pushing and shoving underneath the basket, yes. Do both sides complain about the other and yet try to gain an advantage the same way, yes. However, to call out these girls the way you have is biased and unfair. Oh by the way I never seen either one of these girls "cry" about anything. You are badly mistaken and I believe the responses you gotten on this board more than proves that "everyone" does not agree with your assessment.

Okie Dokie, but I was talking about the younger players. Biased against Waverly......... If Waverly was all I had to worry about, then I would be carefree. I merely stated an opinion. And believe me, its shared. Get over it. You have your opinion, I have mine. And the responses have all come from Waverly fans, what do you expect? LOL

Okie Dokie, but I was talking about the younger players. Biased against Waverly......... If Waverly was all I had to worry about, then I would be carefree. I merely stated an opinion. And believe me, its shared. Get over it. You have your opinion, I have mine. And the responses have all come from Waverly fans, what do you expect? LOL

Well PhilMeyer looks like your a Waverly fan now. Hope that is okay with you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously what do you expect you come on this board and imply that Waverly's success is luck and then imply that that their players are dirty. Where is your proof. No technicals, no ejections, no fouls called for elbows. Now what do I expect. One support the teams you like (Cheatham and Houston County-who by the way I know has battled injuries this year and still fought hard and who I wish best of luck to in their region tournament.) Two quit suggesting a team with a winning record did so with luck it just makes you look silly. Third don't make accusations you have no proof of, it just makes you sound bitter. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well PhilMeyer looks like your a Waverly fan now. Hope that is okay with you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Seriously what do you expect you come on this board and imply that Waverly's success is luck and then imply that that their players are dirty. Where is your proof. No technicals, no ejections, no fouls called for elbows. Now what do I expect. One support the teams you like (Cheatham and Houston County-who by the way I know has battled injuries this year and still fought hard and who I wish best of luck to in their region tournament.) Two quit suggesting a team with a winning record did so with luck it just makes you look silly. Third don't make accusations you have no proof of, it just makes you sound bitter. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bitter and stupid.

Sorry, I'm not a Waverly fan either. I am glad they have had a good year in the district, however.

I haven't been able to get a good feel for why BB4ME is doing this. Everything we have seen from our side of the court doesn't warrant what BB4ME is saying.

Better to be thought a fool than to place your hands on the keyboard and remove all doubt. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the thing i find funny is that you say your opinion of the girls from waverly being dirty is shared...is that with just you and your computer because while the only ones defending these girls right now are from waverly, the only one to make these accusations have been you.

Cheatham Co. will beat Harpeth for the 4th consecutive time, and it will be 5 out of 6 overall dating back to the beginning of last season, when the two teams meet up for the District 11-AA Championship. Fenner, Felker, Erland, and both Millers are quality basketball players who have been part of a good run of success at Harpeth under Drew Johnson but it's like I stated last week. Phil Carr = "A Basketball God". All the Lady Cubs have done since he and Harden have been there for the last 20 years is win games........PERIOD! This group of Lady Cubs seniors have owned Harpeth over their final two seasons at CCCHS. Sara Doty, Shelby Marvel, Hanna Tweedy, Lizzie Walker, Meredith Hunt, Chelsea Olds, and Rachel Balthrop have all had one fact of life pounded into their brains while playing for Carr & Harden. BEAT HARPETH!!!!! This group will go out in style and be remembered for winning back-to-back District 11-AA Championships. I wouldn't be shocked if both teams go on to enjoy plenty of success during the Regional Tourney and wind up playing one another in about a week or so for that Championship.

As far as Waverly Central goes, I stated on one of the first pages of this topic that I thought Marva Rawlings was without question the District 11-AA Coach of the Year. I am not backing off of that statement today either. People who don't have a clue should know that her Lady Tigerettes lost their TOP 7 PLAYERS from last years Regional Tournament team. There were many who picked Waverly to be a 6th or 7th place team in the district back during the preseason. I also agree with a previous poster that had slotted Kati Prince as the MVP of the district. She is a fine basketball player and in plain and simple terms can only be described as a WINNER!

While I say that about Waverly the fact is that I am picking Sycamore to beat them tomorrow in the consolation game. The Lady War Eagles will likely have the services of one of the Bliss sisters. With all of the injuries to his basketball team and all of the personal issues that he has had to face this season one would have to commend the job that Mike Miller & Co. have done this season. Credit should go out to the players like Ellis, Barksdale, and Seagroves for the great jobs that they have done in stepping up their individual games this season. That is why Sycamore is still playing on the girls side of the bracket this postseason.