Pickett Co. Basketball

catchpc10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an awful game to sit through last night. I wasted my time by driving all the way to RBS to see that one. At least our girls played good. I'm not sure if we'll win another game this year. We especially won't if we keep playing like we did last night. The only bright spot was the young kids when they got in. Ferrell and Jolly both looked pretty good. I think these two players have a chance to be good, especially Ferrell. I doubt I'll make it to the game at Van Buren tonight so if anyone goes, can they give me a recap on the game? Thank ya.

Not sure exactly how the game last night at VB went down but I know that Pickett County lost by one on a last second shot or something like that from what I hear...I do not know if they played well, bad, or what just heard they lost by one. On the other hand, at RBS the other night...that was a miserable performance all around. No one really played well, I mean the freshman did alright but that was long after it mattered. These starters have to get their heads up and decide their own fate. With one game left in the district (monterey) a win is a MUST heading into tourney time..A win against Monterey would tie us, RBS, and Monterey for 4th in the district I THINK! This is a must win so we can hope to win some sort of coin toss and not have to be the #6 seed and play Clarkrange, JC, or CC depending on how all that shakes out (which depends on whether JC beats Celina Tues. night). At least if we beat Monterey there is a chance that we might get to play RBS or Monterey for a Region birth and NOT one of the other 3 teams, but like someone said earlier I believe if they play like they did at RBS it will not matter.

Boys, get your heads up and play ball for the rest of this season and make the best out of what we have, and maybe we can get some valuable experience for the years to come. Best of luck to District 7a from here on out...Especially PC!!

I don't think a Bulldawg that has played didn't like to hear those Magic Words "_______, For Thhhuuuurrreee-eee" That was the best. I hit on in the state game we played in and the whole Bench said it cause we Just loved to hear it!

No joke Bulldawg BB will have a BIG SPACE to fill when you and Mr.B leave us. Miller **MIGHT** beable to come in and do a good job-is doing good with football.(but let him get good before you leave he needs many more years of football seasons)

Now for PC basketball , those boys are getting better and JC aint been a push over by any means this year. Both teams are going to be someting to deal with in a year or two.

Fired up for Next Week.

Pickett Co. drops another close one tonight. This one by four in overtime to Monterey at PC. Monterey got the breaks and played an overall good game tonight. PC missed some oppurtunities (foul shots, turnovers with no pressure late in the fourth). Really shot ourselves in the foot in this one but played alright, just have to close the deal. There have been several chances at that this year, but now we MUST take care of business this week...whether it be Clarkrange or Jackson County, these boys need to keep their heads up and make noise during the big money time of the year!!!! Let's go boys, pull out some big wins in Tourney time!!!!!

Pickett Co. drops another close one tonight. This one by four in overtime to Monterey at PC. Monterey got the breaks and played an overall good game tonight. PC missed some oppurtunities (foul shots, turnovers with no pressure late in the fourth). Really shot ourselves in the foot in this one but played alright, just have to close the deal. There have been several chances at that this year, but now we MUST take care of business this week...whether it be Clarkrange or Jackson County, these boys need to keep their heads up and make noise during the big money time of the year!!!! Let's go boys, pull out some big wins in Tourney time!!!!!

how long has it been since the bobcats haven't made it to region I can't rem a year when they were not one of the top 4 teans out of 6 to go

It has definitely been a long time, maybe never who knows? Our guys are definitely finding ways to give them away by making poor mistakes, mistakes that are rare at the high school level. They can clean it up and make a serious run at Clarkrange or Jackson County, but they have to play 40 minutes of tough basketball and they must each, individually, work their butts off and demand a win in the D7A first round game. They can do it.....but will they? Only they can decide that, not me, you, or anyone else...Coach Bibb can tell them what they need to do all day and show them but until they decide to do it...well..

how long has it been since the bobcats haven't made it to region I can't rem a year when they were not one of the top 4 teans out of 6 to go

Sometime in the '80s. PC used to never make the region in the 70s really. My dad graduated in '76 with Asberry and they never made region. Of course back then there was like 9 teams, with all the teams in district now, plus Hermitage Springs, Rickman, and Upperman. We've made it to the district championship every year since '90, so its been atleast 19 years, but its probably 20 or a little more since Mitchell and Eugene where there in the late 80s.

It has definitely been a long time, maybe never who knows? Our guys are definitely finding ways to give them away by making poor mistakes, mistakes that are rare at the high school level. They can clean it up and make a serious run at Clarkrange or Jackson County, but they have to play 40 minutes of tough basketball and they must each, individually, work their butts off and demand a win in the D7A first round game. They can do it.....but will they? Only they can decide that, not me, you, or anyone else...Coach Bibb can tell them what they need to do all day and show them but until they decide to do it...well..

I think its over....I don't think we will win another game this season.....we can, but I don't think we will. We had three games in a row that we really could have won (RBS, Van Buren, and Monterey) and we didn't. Listen folks, we've had games we played well, but the facts are the facts, and we haven't won a game since December during Christmas tournaments, that's sad. Now we've got one regular season game left, Clinton Co. KY, and these guys made it to the All-A state tournament last month in KY, so yeah, they are good....too good, probably better than anyone in our district. A group that is tough as nails....and if you think we are gonna get any calls in their gym, your crazy. Our team is soft, so soft it makes me sick to my stomach. I missed 5 games since I was a sophomore in high school, and I haven't went to the last three games, because I couldn't stand to watch this soft, unphysical basketball. I don't know what it is, maybe they've been babied their whole lives and everything has been given to them....maybe not.....Maybe its that they are so scared to get a T and then they'll have to run the next day at practice (which I think is dumb, takes away the passion), so they don't play physical or tough. I think if a Coach can get a T, then a player should be able to get one. If a player gets a T, you bring them over, you calm them down, you say you can't be getting any more T's and you say keep that fire and passion going. I remember when Andy Asberry and Josh Tompkins where player, they played with a passion, they were tough as nails, they were all over the court with their defense, and if they got a T so be it, Coach Mitchell or Coach Smith would set them down for a few mins, and then they were right back in there, all over everywhere. We better hope this team really toughens up over the summer, grows some, and learns how to score or we'll be right back in this same conversation again next year. I have confidence that Coach Bibb can turn it around, but it's gonna take a lot of hard work by our guys. We've gotta get a lot more physical strength that we don't have right now. Good luck to all the tournament teams, I'm not sure I can stomach watching the district tournament.

I think its over....I don't think we will win another game this season.....we can, but I don't think we will. We had three games in a row that we really could have won (RBS, Van Buren, and Monterey) and we didn't. Listen folks, we've had games we played well, but the facts are the facts, and we haven't won a game since December during Christmas tournaments, that's sad. Now we've got one regular season game left, Clinton Co. KY, and these guys made it to the All-A state tournament last month in KY, so yeah, they are good....too good, probably better than anyone in our district. A group that is tough as nails....and if you think we are gonna get any calls in their gym, your crazy. Our team is soft, so soft it makes me sick to my stomach. I missed 5 games since I was a sophomore in high school, and I haven't went to the last three games, because I couldn't stand to watch this soft, unphysical basketball. I don't know what it is, maybe they've been babied their whole lives and everything has been given to them....maybe not.....Maybe its that they are so scared to get a T and then they'll have to run the next day at practice (which I think is dumb, takes away the passion), so they don't play physical or tough. I think if a Coach can get a T, then a player should be able to get one. If a player gets a T, you bring them over, you calm them down, you say you can't be getting any more T's and you say keep that fire and passion going. I remember when Andy Asberry and Josh Tompkins where player, they played with a passion, they were tough as nails, they were all over the court with their defense, and if they got a T so be it, Coach Mitchell or Coach Smith would set them down for a few mins, and then they were right back in there, all over everywhere. We better hope this team really toughens up over the summer, grows some, and learns how to score or we'll be right back in this same conversation again next year. I have confidence that Coach Bibb can turn it around, but it's gonna take a lot of hard work by our guys. We've gotta get a lot more physical strength that we don't have right now. Good luck to all the tournament teams, I'm not sure I can stomach watching the district tournament.

I don't know about the players getting in trouble if they get a T or not, I know that in the past few years there have been players that got several T's and don't recall them being overly punished, or have not heard if they were? Who knows.. I think they can win the first round game but they have to come ready to play like they do OCCASSIONALLY. Yes, we have given several games away this year, our boys have to figure out a way to pull those wins. Confidence has a lot to do with it too, but they can be told a million times over, but they are the ones that have to go out and hit the free throws, pull those rebounds that define the game with less than 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter (that have been missed in our close games), and take care of the ball and cut out senseless turnovers. They have to do that. Alot of that comes with playing, which means that if they really want to succeed next year and beyond they need to be playing as much as possible over the summer. Coach Bibb will get them much improved by next year, and we do have a lot of talent upcoming, but I am not ready to give up on this season yet. I would love to see them pull the upset in the first round and hush the crowd...give everyone something to really look forward to to start next year. That is what I am holding out hope for. Good luck in D7 Tourney.

I asked this question on another thread but it never got answered. Did Asberry, Crouch, and Thompkins play college ball? Do you know what they are doing now? I agree about thier defensive ability. They were quick and athletic and all over the floor. I am not sure I agree about them getting technical's. I cannot remember any players on that team getting technicals but I could be wrong.