Where is the good BBQ in Clarksville

Da Bears

I have been known to have a hot dog or two at a sporting event. But after the event, I am always in search of good barbeque and/or ribs.

So where is the good BBQ and ribs in Clarksville?

I have found some good locations around the state like Bobby Qs in Cookeville, Couch's in Ooltewah, Calhouns in Knoxville, and Rendevous in Memphis.

Good luck to everyone this week!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for a place called Excell Grocery and Bar-B-Q. It's robably 10 minutes away from CHS. By far the best BBQ in clarksville if you ask me. A bbq plate with 2 sides and endless sweet tea goes for about 6 bucks. If you go you'll probably think this is a gas station but in the back is the place to sit down and eat or you can buy it up front and take it with you. I don't know how late at night they serve food. I think they probably close at 8.

Here's a link with directions

http://local.yahoo.com/info-14883131-excel...rbq-clarksville

931) 358-3638

3102 Ashland City Road,

Clarksville, TN 37043

I grew up in Clarksville and now live in Signal Mountain. Maybe I'm biased but I still can't find any BBQ as good as Excel. From the school it should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Ask anybody from the area about directions to either Excel Grocery or (its more common name in the area) Big Daddy's. It's important when you pull up not to judge a book buy its cover because it is definitely the stereotypical rural area gas station. I would suggest the get a plate and go method. The ribs are okay but nothing to right home to mom about so I would stick to either the pulled pork or chicken.

Rigger-

I could ruin a sack full of 3 little pigs right now!

Da Bears-

Many people say Jacks on Trinity lane as you go thru Nashvegas is a good as it gets. It ain't bad eatin'.

Best brisket I ever had: http://www.texsworldfamousbbq.com/

Just off Murfreesboro Rd as you come in to town. May be too early to stop, but worth it. They are onlyopen 11:00-2:00 Monday thru Friday.

I grew up in Clarksville and now live in Signal Mountain. Maybe I'm biased but I still can't find any BBQ as good as Excel. From the school it should take about 10 to 15 minutes. Ask anybody from the area about directions to either Excel Grocery or (its more common name in the area) Big Daddy's. It's important when you pull up not to judge a book buy its cover because it is definitely the stereotypical rural area gas station. I would suggest the get a plate and go method. The ribs are okay but nothing to right home to mom about so I would stick to either the pulled pork or chicken.

I've lived in Clarksville all my life and never remember excell being called big daddy's? i thought that was a bar near the dump on highway 12, now called the beer box i believe.

Whits down the street from Clarksville High on Madison is pretty good. But as the others have stated Excell is the place to get BBQ. It's not much in sit down eating so grab and go.

Coach you should go in there and eat so you can get "the cultural experience". Try it on a weekday around lunch. Interesting crowd to say the least.

MatWizard,

Big Daddy's was definietly Excel Grocery. The Beer Box used to be a garage on one side and a bar on the other. It may have been called Big Daddy's too I don't know. There is also a little bar directly across the street from the dump in Fredonia called Pappy's you may be getting confused with it. It is a big neon Pappy's sign.

Did you grow up in Fredonia? I have a feeling we probably know each other.

I'm Michael Hampton.

Coach I agree you should go in there sometime and sit down. Like you though I wouldn't recommend too many people to do that.