Austin East High School Baseball Roadrunners

Turtle

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A .500 year stinks.

It's on the upswing though. That's all i'm trying to say. Austin East has been pretty dismal the past few years. I am not making district champ predictions or anything, but they should be better than they have been and the program is on the way up.

Here comes Turtle to save the day! Last year the Baseball Roadrunners lost every game they played. Let me state that again, They lost EVERY game they played... With that said, I say the Baseball Roadrunners will be AOK this year. They play at Union County next Wednesday and they only lost to them by 6 points last year.. If AE can get the bat going, they should be able to compete in every game. They have the pitching and the fielding is much better then it was last year. So hopefully, the bat will be its strengths.

The difference in this years team and the past is the players are focus and really wanting to compete. They're getting tired of teams looking over them on the schedule and saying, "That's an easy victory!" or this one, "We'll rest the starters and let the JV team play against AE's varsity!" Its time to change all of that. I say if AE wins Wednesday against Union County and turn around on Thursday and hang with Gibbs, I'll say they'll be 1 or 2 games over .500 by seasons end.... That's a major improvement for an AE baseball team..

You see Hf113, already thinks AE is a joke just like everyone else.. So it's up to AE to shut the haters up..

Let's GO AE!!

Here comes Turtle to save the day! Last year the Baseball Roadrunners lost every game they played. Let me state that again, They lost EVERY game they played... With that said, I say the Baseball Roadrunners will be AOK this year. They play at Union County next Wednesday and they only lost to them by 6 points last year.. If AE can get the bat going, they should be able to compete in every game. They have the pitching and the fielding is much better then it was last year. So hopefully, the bat will be its strengths.

The difference in this years team and the past is the players are focus and really wanting to compete. They're getting tired of teams looking over them on the schedule and saying, "That's an easy victory!" or this one, "We'll rest the starters and let the JV team play against AE's varsity!" Its time to change all of that. I say if AE wins Wednesday against Union County and turn around on Thursday and hang with Gibbs, I'll say they'll be 1 or 2 games over .500 by seasons end.... That's a major improvement for an AE baseball team..

You see Hf113, already thinks AE is a joke just like everyone else.. So it's up to AE to shut the haters up..

Let's GO AE!!

Let's GO AE!!

Dude this is not basketball, they didnt "only" lose to Union County by 6 points last year. They lost by 6 runs lol. Hopefully AE will win 5 games this year.

Why do you have to be a hater when you are simply going on AE's past record? As a fan of High school baseball, I would not expect big things from AE because of their past. Doesn't mean I'm a hater or that AE will not be good this year. You have to build a program, develope talent, especially pitching and that doesn't happen over night. Having great atheletes is not enough, but, it helps. Dedication is most important as baseball has become a year round sport.

By the way, I am a Bearden fan.

Why do you have to be a hater when you are simply going on AE's past record? As a fan of High school baseball, I would not expect big things from AE because of their past. Doesn't mean I'm a hater or that AE will not be good this year. You have to build a program, develope talent, especially pitching and that doesn't happen over night. Having great atheletes is not enough, but, it helps. Dedication is most important as baseball has become a year round sport.

By the way, I am a Bearden fan.

I would only expect that you're a Bullpuppy.. But on the real, AE had a scrimmage today and they basically looked like a baseball team. The team was putting a bat on the ball, the pitching was much better, the fielding/defense was is all what a baseball team should be. I say its going to be a good year in baseball for the Runners..

Another thing is, you can't always judge a team on their past. The new coach has this team focus and ready to compete night in and night out...

But continue not thinking this team is going to do anything and they're going to surprise you..

Let's GO AE!!

Guest CubsFan

I play baseball for AE. Matter of fact, I've played my whole life and you know we have baseball players in our school they just don't come out to play but a lot of them did this season. With the addition of our new coach LeBrandon Marie, our program is headed in a new direction. I played baseball for Carter youth teams my whole life and when it was time for my freshman year of high school, my dad asked me if i wanted to go to Carter and play baseball, i told him no because I wanted to go to AE and make a difference and show people like you that we can play baseball at AE. So you can keep over looking us if you like. We're going to surprise a lot of folks this season.. This was written by Charles Hollands, remember the name!!!