TEMPLE VS. CSAS , THIS FRI.

gracefan423

I think CSAS is almost certain to be in the region finals, although Spitt might have something to say about that. Although Grace has the most talented team in the area, IMO, I expect Temple to beat them in the district and region, then meet CSAS again in the finals.

As for the upcoming CSAS/Grace matchups, they should be great games. It's hard to pick a winner because Grace is so inconsistent. I would think if CSAS could hold Hermann to under 15 they could win. That would be a tall order, because he's a great scorer, but I say double-team him. It's not like he's going to pass to the open man.

CSAS is getting better every day....they are just soooo young still. South Pitt will definitely have an advantage of playing at home in the district tourney, but the Patriots have already beat them by almost thirty at "the Pit".

Grace is , I agree, too unpredictable.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may remember that I posted after the first CSAS/Temple game about how quick and athletic the Patriots were, even though a young team.

I was in awe tonight at how well the pats played. Their shot percentage was very high. They had a large number of turnovers in the first half which they converted to points. A couple of our boys were in foul trouble early. An excellent game plan by Dragoo and a good execution by the Patriots.

If Grace is to win in the next two matchups with the Patriots, they had better pray hard and be on their game. Temple did not play their best for four quarters and it almost cost them the game. It is a very distinct possibility that it will be Temple and CSAS in the region finals. Wouldn't it be great to see both teams at state again?

Maybe CSAS could end up like Temple last year. Got blown out at home, Play a great game away, and then see what happens in the region finals. However, to beat Grace will not be easy. Hopefully the Patriots can continue to buy into their system, and get better. They definitely surprised me last night along with a lot of people.

Also for Grace fans, Sexton was invited by Mcdonald to play in East verses West on ESPN May 2 in Miami Fl. I guess this will shut you up. This is not for all the Grace fan just the bad posters.

Sexton is a very good player, but not a McDonald's All-American. He was nominated to play, along with 1,499 other players. Basically, all you have to do is nominate the player along with like 4 other coaches. CSAS has had 4 nominees:Porter Roberts, Carlos Clark, George Hudgins, and Moses Lindsey(all played on the same team in early 90's). As good as they were none actually played in the game. However, Sexton was the difference last night. There is no denying that.

You may remember that I posted after the first CSAS/Temple game about how quick and athletic the Patriots were, even though a young team.

I was in awe tonight at how well the pats played. Their shot percentage was very high. They had a large number of turnovers in the first half which they converted to points. A couple of our boys were in foul trouble early. An excellent game plan by Dragoo and a good execution by the Patriots.

If Grace is to win in the next two matchups with the Patriots, they had better pray hard and be on their game. Temple did not play their best for four quarters and it almost cost them the game. It is a very distinct possibility that it will be Temple and CSAS in the region finals. Wouldn't it be great to see both teams at state again?

It would be great to see them both in the state again, but a lot of games are still out there to be played. The biggest difference that I saw in the game last night is how much the Patriots have developed since the start of the season. For those who don't know, in this game last year only one player who is playing now saw any significant action against Temple. This team is very young but starting to get experienced individually and in playing together. This is not supposed to be CSAS's year, but it is a possibility!

Sexton is a very good player, but not a McDonald's All-American. He was nominated to play, along with 1,499 other players. Basically, all you have to do is nominate the player along with like 4 other coaches. CSAS has had 4 nominees:Porter Roberts, Carlos Clark, George Hudgins, and Moses Lindsey(all played on the same team in early 90's). As good as they were none actually played in the game. However, Sexton was the difference last night. There is no denying that.

LEGEND: I can almost beat you have never played ball on any team or even coach (MAYBE UPWARD BASKETBALL) until you make some sense out of what you are saying you need to keep your mouth shut. I don't know if he will make it and the odds are stack against him but I did play D1 and I will tell you with the right coaches he can and will be a great player.And also this kids now day are much faster and Quicker and stronger as well as smarter than in the 90's. So youn can not make that call.

LEGEND: I can almost beat you have never played ball on any team or even coach (MAYBE UPWARD BASKETBALL) until you make some sense out of what you are saying you need to keep your mouth shut. I don't know if he will make it and the odds are stack against him but I did play D1 and I will tell you with the right coaches he can and will be a great player.And also this kids now day are much faster and Quicker and stronger as well as smarter than in the 90's. So youn can not make that call.

winning1......are you talking about NCCAA D-I?

I don't quite understand the hostility. Sexton is very good, just not top 30 in the country. Anyone with basketball sense could understand that. Oh, and Porter Roberts was one of the best players to ever play in this city. He won 3 Big Ten Championships as the starting point guard at Purdue, and played a decade overseas. I never said sexton couldn't be a great player. Where did you play?

I think CSAS is almost certain to be in the region finals, although Spitt might have something to say about that. Although Grace has the most talented team in the area, IMO, I expect Temple to beat them in the district and region, then meet CSAS again in the finals.

I don't think South Pitt will be able to beat CSAS in the district. Right now Signal Mtn. is more of a threat than South Pitt. The other day South Pitt beat Sale Creek by 9. CSAS beat them by almost 40. Oh... not to mention that Signal beat South Pitt earlier this season. Don't get me wrong... South Pitt is a great team. But right now, I don't think they're at the same level of play that CSAS is at. But then again, everything is different during tournament time.

As a former teammate of the legend I will answer the question for you. Yes he Played D-1 basketball. And you are crazy if you think Jeremy Sexton will be playing in the Mcdonalds all american game. If sexton plays that means John Jenkins is playing Reggie Buckner is playing and Leslie Mcdonald is playing as well. that would give us 4 players from this state playing in that game, I dont think we have had 4 players in the history of basketball play in the Mcdonalds all american game, but I could be wrong