Rwood Searching for New HC?

IndyNation

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what a school administrator should do - ask a bunch of 21 year olds from a time when the school was half the size it is now who should be hired for the HC position... Brilliant. Ravenwood's record probably has more to do with the fact that those guys aren't there anymore than who was coaching them.

I think you'd be surprised how much more some of them know about the game as a whole. Not to mention they know a lot more about the game than the school adm. does. And you are right about your second statement those guys that graduated in 06 and 07 would have won any year with any coach. They were the best this region has put out to date( which includes the 02 BHS team that won it all with Austin Everson).

WHY would she want to eliminate him!? That's what's totally eluding me here. He's an excellent teacher (ask the math dept at RW), he's great with players, he's great with coaches, he's great with parents. What's the deal?

Have you ever seen a good-looking woman with an ugly man? I can't explain that either. She has a reason, we may never know. I do know this,he would be a very good choice. Wonder if he wishes he had never left? Would he get the job if he were still there?

Don't twist my words. It has nothing to do with parental wishes....it's getting the best coach possible and providing the kids the best opportunity to learn how to succeed. Principals have often made bad decisions. Not all principals necessarily know sports. If you parents stand back in the shadows you will become another Metro, and deserve what you get.

Well Dad metro got Woodward so I guess they are okay with that. Metro has good coaches too not just Williamson Co. And as far as parental support you are somewhat correct with your statement. What a lot of people dont understand is that a lot of parents of metro kids would love to be able to come and watch their sons and daughters compete and show up to support the team but most often they are working trying to do the best they can for their families. Just because a parent cannot be in the stands doesnt mean that he or she doesnt support the team. Also if reports here are true then two of your three finalists have come from metro. One in Coach A and one in Coach Blade. Woodward, a guy it seems like most would love to have, is in metro now.

Well Dad metro got Woodward so I guess they are okay with that. Metro has good coaches too not just Williamson Co. And as far as parental support you are somewhat correct with your statement. What a lot of people dont understand is that a lot of parents of metro kids would love to be able to come and watch their sons and daughters compete and show up to support the team but most often they are working trying to do the best they can for their families. Just because a parent cannot be in the stands doesnt mean that he or she doesnt support the team. Also if reports here are true then two of your three finalists have come from metro. One in Coach A and one in Coach Blade. Woodward, a guy it seems like most would love to have, is in metro now.

Rumor has it that Blade withdrew his name from consideration.

WHY would she want to eliminate him!? That's what's totally eluding me here. He's an excellent teacher (ask the math dept at RW), he's great with players, he's great with coaches, he's great with parents. What's the deal?

SOMETIMES PEOPLE WITH POWER TO HIRE WILL DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT SEEMS TO BE POPULAR. ONLY THEY KNOW THEIR REASONS FOR THIS. MY BEST GUESS AND THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I HAVE SPECULATED, IS THAT THE NEW HEAD COACH IS ALREADY IN THE BUILDING.