WRESTLERS

WrestlingGod

Just a little bit of preaching. I've wrestled for a long time now and been around it my entire life and this is what I think of wrestlers and the sport in general.

WRESTLERS are the strongest fastest and smartest athletes in the world. But that's not what makes them unique. They are the MOST dedicated people in the world. They sacrifice their lives to a sport of fighting. Where practice is 3 hours of lifting and throwing and conditioning. 3 hours of a literal street brawl. They give up there social lives. They cant party and get drunk because making weight on Saturday won't allow it. They cant go smoke after school cause they worked too hard to get into shape.

They have no team out on the mat with them to help get past an opponent. They stand on a mat with all eyes on them, alone, no one to fall back on when they make a mistake, no safety to make the tackle, and no goaly to make a diving save. They are the leanest meanest and strongest in the world. Ladies want them, men want to be just like them. So this is a tribute to all those who sacrifice everything, their free time, their food, and most importantly their life. Why would someone work so hard, til they are puking in practice, sweating in their 3 layers and a sauna suit or skipping that badass party? Or why would they induce the blood sweat and tears? Or the early morning runs, or mid day workouts or the extra run after practice to lose that last pound to make weight. The road in wrestling always ends in tears. The man that takes second cries cause his dreams are over, and the man that wins it all cries more than anybody because finaly everything that they have afore mentened is finally worth while. Wrestlers will wrestle through anything because they are friggin' wrestlers. And greatness walks right with the word wrestler.

I salute all who commit there life to something greater, something bigger than themselves. Wrestlers dont wrestle cause they like it, you would be crazy to like to beat yourself up on a daily basis, and get beaten up by teammates and opponents just as much. Yet there are the few who love it, they do it cause they were born to. These select people I applaude. There is no future in wrestling, no pro league, no million dollar contract. Just a smelly practice room and a dream to be great.Wrestling is not a sport, its a way of life.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little bit of preaching. I've wrestled for a long time now and been around it my entire life and this is what I think of wrestlers and the sport in general.

WRESTLERS are the strongest fastest and smartest athletes in the world. But that's not what makes them unique. They are the MOST dedicated people in the world. They sacrifice their lives to a sport of fighting. Where practice is 3 hours of lifting and throwing and conditioning. 3 hours of a literal street brawl. They give up there social lives. They cant party and get drunk because making weight on Saturday won't allow it. They cant go smoke after school cause they worked too hard to get into shape.

They have no team out on the mat with them to help get past an opponent. They stand on a mat with all eyes on them, alone, no one to fall back on when they make a mistake, no safety to make the tackle, and no goaly to make a diving save. They are the leanest meanest and strongest in the world. Ladies want them, men want to be just like them. So this is a tribute to all those who sacrifice everything, their free time, their food, and most importantly their life. Why would someone work so hard, til they are puking in practice, sweating in their 3 layers and a sauna suit or skipping that badass party? Or why would they induce the blood sweat and tears? Or the early morning runs, or mid day workouts or the extra run after practice to lose that last pound to make weight. The road in wrestling always ends in tears. The man that takes second cries cause his dreams are over, and the man that wins it all cries more than anybody because finaly everything that they have afore mentened is finally worth while. Wrestlers will wrestle through anything because they are friggin' wrestlers. And greatness walks right with the word wrestler.

I salute all who commit there life to something greater, something bigger than themselves. Wrestlers dont wrestle cause they like it, you would be crazy to like to beat yourself up on a daily basis, and get beaten up by teammates and opponents just as much. Yet there are the few who love it, they do it cause they were born to. These select people I applaude. There is no future in wrestling, no pro league, no million dollar contract. Just a smelly practice room and a dream to be great.Wrestling is not a sport, its a way of life.

Good post!!

Touche'

This post is on a plaque...or something. Just search the first few lines of it on any search engine and Im sure it will turn thousands of results. However, WrestlingGod has come on her and obviously plagiarized someone elses piece of work. Pathetic sir. Had you put anything like "I found this on the web the other day" or something to that extent it would be alright. Very uncool.

This post is on a plaque...or something. Just search the first few lines of it on any search engine and Im sure it will turn thousands of results. However, WrestlingGod has come on her and obviously plagiarized someone elses piece of work. Pathetic sir. Had you put anything like "I found this on the web the other day" or something to that extent it would be alright. Very uncool.

Agree

Really??? You sound like a college professor. I didn't realize we were in Professor wristbar's class. Who cares if he did plagiarize this, it's a great message to all wrestlers. I guess some people(such as wristbar) always have to have something to complain about, and i think that is what is pathetic wristbar.

Really??? You sound like a college professor. I didn't realize we were in Professor wristbar's class. Who cares if he did plagiarize this, it's a great message to all wrestlers. I guess some people(such as wristbar) always have to have something to complain about, and i think that is what is pathetic wristbar.

What he is rightfully complaining about is the original poster's attempt to pass this off as his own observations, insight and experience. Nothing wrong with the message regarding hard work and dedication to the wrestlers but another message is those who knowingly plagerize are intellectually lazy and it is a very bad habit to pick up.

What he is rightfully complaining about is the original poster's attempt to pass this off as his own observations, insight and experience. Nothing wrong with the message regarding hard work and dedication to the wrestlers but another message is those who knowingly plagerize are intellectually lazy and it is a very bad habit to pick up.

O ok, I didn't realize we were in an English class, i thought this was a wrestling message board, my bad. O and plagerize is spelled wrong it's plagiarize. I think it's a bad message to send out to spell words the wrong way and it is for the intellectually lazy and a very bad habit to pick up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Per Dictionary.com the definition of plagiarism is, "The unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work."

I don't see English class specified anywhere in that definiton.

csw2k - We don't condemn plagiarism in English class because it is English class we condemn it because it is wrong.