HOW GOOD IS THE CULLEOKA DEFENSE

attila

what exactly did all they do to get suspeneded? sounds like hes running a "loose" program to be having so many suspensions, then having stephens apparently going crazy on a ref.

slatten runs nothing close to a "loose" program. quite the opposite. all four suspensions were in one unfortunate misunderstood event. stephens just lost his cool and couldn't recover before the three techs in a row were called on him. but the team stepped up and finished the game. i think cornersville expected a big shift in momentum which did not happen.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against Coach Slatten, but he spent a few seasons at White County and never had a winning season.

Does that make him a bad coach to have a few losing seasons? I had forgotten that Bruce was at Culleoka. But I am glad that I was reminded on here. He had several great teams at Perry County( the 97 team was awesome) and judging by the previous records posted here on coacht, he has had an excellent run at Culleoka. How long has he been at Culleoka? I know that White County has a fine tradition but every program has some down years look at Pickett County and White County this year.

Does that make him a bad coach to have a few losing seasons? I had forgotten that Bruce was at Culleoka. But I am glad that I was reminded on here. He had several great teams at Perry County( the 97 team was awesome) and judging by the previous records posted here on coacht, he has had an excellent run at Culleoka. How long has he been at Culleoka? I know that White County has a fine tradition but every program has some down years look at Pickett County and White County this year.

I think this is his 5th year.

I happen to play for Culleoka and i admit we haven't played to our potential yet on defense,and in a way thats a good thing b/c we're 22-2(9-0)..If we keep playing the way we been the past couple weeks we will be put out early and coach Slatten made us aware of that..We have played great competition in our district and we dont feel like we are better than anyone when we play them b/c we're not so any win is a good one if we play our hardest on D..Ill speak for the rest of the players when I say we will pick up our play and finish the season the best way we can.

This post makes me proud that I know the Warriors.............

There are basically two teams that could stop Cully from making it to the boro this year and they are Collinwood and Summertown. Neither one seems to play any defense and tend to rely on a few players to do most of their scoring. I can assure you that Slatton has been watching tape and already come up with a plan to shut their scorers down. If the D plays like they can i don't see anything either team can do to slow the Warriors down. Now with that being said if they decide to take a night off like they did last year, they could be put out of the tournament without even making it out of the region OR the district for that matter. There are a few mediocre teams in the district and region that could pull an upset if Cully goes into the game overconfident. On the other hand if they get hot at the right time the teams in the west better look out. The Warriors have more than enough potential to bring home the first gold ball in school history. I'm looking foward to watching it all play out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

if you think only one or two guys on Collinwood can shoot the ball you will be surprised. True they dump it down to Tyler Thompson a LOT but since hes a great player that only makes sense.......they have plenty of deadly 3 point shooters though if you try to clog up the lane to much...thats why Thompson scores so much....there is really nobody you can drop off of to double

if you think only one or two guys on Collinwood can shoot the ball you will be surprised. True they dump it down to Tyler Thompson a LOT but since hes a great player that only makes sense.......they have plenty of deadly 3 point shooters though if you try to clog up the lane to much...thats why Thompson scores so much....there is really nobody you can drop off of to double

having 2 players that are like 6'8 kinda keeps culleoka from having to "clog up the inside" with a lot of players.

having 2 players that are like 6'8 kinda keeps culleoka from having to "clog up the inside" with a lot of players.

u missed my point...Tyler Thompson scores so much partly because nobody can attempt to clog the middle against collinwood cause they have deadly three point shooting when left unguarded

and thompson is every bit as tall as those guys from culleoka