Best Catchers?

redbird9

Sorry darlin......read over it...........not stupid. With a left handed batter there is no one in the way to throw to 3rd. ? what do YOU think is so stupid about it?

He's good.......promise you. You're from dyersburg........ask some of those sophomore dyersburg players that played travel ball with him. they know.

if there is a left handed batter then a right handed catcher has the advantage cause there is know batter in his way... with a lefty he would have to turn his whole body to throw to third.. the only advantage that i can think of for a left handed catcher is throwing behind the runner at first... i think im reading this right........ you tell me??

sounds kinda like common sense to me.. right handed catchers have the advantage throwing to third.. plain and simple!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is a left handed batter then a right handed catcher has the advantage cause there is know batter in his way... with a lefty he would have to turn his whole body to throw to third.. the only advantage that i can think of for a left handed catcher is throwing behind the runner at first... i think im reading this right........ you tell me??

sounds kinda like common sense to me.. right handed catchers have the advantage throwing to third.. plain and simple!!!

ok, my original point was that lefties should be given the chance to catch.....that's all. If they are good, let 'em do it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ryan Seaton from Ripley best catcher in the state. Run on him and you will see why. He will reach 1st base before 80% of most runners when no one is on base.

Most aggressive catcher I've ever seen.

I agree Ryan has a very impressive arm but he can also block virtually any pitch,except for wild pitches, and i have never seen any kid hustle like he does every pitch and every play....he has a real desire to be out on the field

haha i mean how stubborn is newellhartbaseball, i mean hasn't even caught varsity.

People get 1 million times more careless at first base than they at 2nd base when their about to steal, also people only steal third when its guaranteed, as if they get such a good jump there will be no throw at all. Besides that you dont see many bang bang plays at third base, their usually obviously out or obviously safe which is way I think a left handed catcher would be just fine.

People get 1 million times more careless at first base than they at 2nd base when their about to steal, also people only steal third when its guaranteed, as if they get such a good jump there will be no throw at all. Besides that you dont see many bang bang plays at third base, their usually obviously out or obviously safe which is way I think a left handed catcher would be just fine.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />