Best Catchers?

redbird9

Mark Moore at Harpeth High school is just a sophomore but has the potential to be one of the best behind the plate. Cannon for an arm, and unbelievable work ethic will push this kid to the top in the near future. The last time I saw talent like this at Harpeth was Cody Pomeroy, a couple of years ago. Mark needs to continue to work on his hitting to maximize his impact.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off there are many talented catchers around the state if Tn. plenty to argue about but this is a replay to PatriotBench. I am for on no where near the best cather in the state... yes i may be one of the best solid defensive catchers but my hitting is not worth a S$$t right now but props to any and all catchers! we do yalls dirty work :0

good luck to all the teams around the state and Go Stars!

Siegel's # 25 P-R-A-T-H-E-R

How bout that kid from Oliver springs i think he is number 42 or 43. he is a good all round catcher he hits, blocks, and can throw some kids out. Whats his name? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

i think Patrick Bunch or something like that.. my team played oz last year cause i played for coalfield and he is a good catcher just has to work on his throws to second.. not a bad catcher other than that though.

Ok...so I am going to be very honest........my son is one of the best catchers I've seen in awhile. He has caught since little league and now will not get the chance in High School because he's left handed. I know, I know.... I hear all that crap all the time, but I got to tell ya, he's better than a lot of righties and trust me, I am NOT one of those parents who thinks their kid is the best no matter what. If he's not that great, I'm the first one to say it. Just like pitching......cause he's left handed they want him to pitch. He's so/so but does okay at the JV level and could possibly hold his own against weaker teams for Varsity.

I just don't get it.......HE doesn't let the batters get in HIS way. He moves where he needs to in order to throw someone out and he's gunned many down over the last few years....at first and at 2nd; therefore, he doesn't have to throw down much to 3rd, but definately can and does when needed.

????

Ok...so I am going to be very honest........my son is one of the best catchers I've seen in awhile. He has caught since little league and now will not get the chance in High School because he's left handed. I know, I know.... I hear all that crap all the time, but I got to tell ya, he's better than a lot of righties and trust me, I am NOT one of those parents who thinks their kid is the best no matter what. If he's not that great, I'm the first one to say it. Just like pitching......cause he's left handed they want him to pitch. He's so/so but does okay at the JV level and could possibly hold his own against weaker teams for Varsity.

I just don't get it.......HE doesn't let the batters get in HIS way. He moves where he needs to in order to throw someone out and he's gunned many down over the last few years....at first and at 2nd; therefore, he doesn't have to throw down much to 3rd, but definately can and does when needed.

????

If i was to coach i would LOVE a left handed catcher. The batter is IRRELEVANT because its the same as when lefties are up to bat and a right handed catcher. Also, imagine the pickoff move he would have to first base. with a majority right handed batters he would be able to make GREAT snap throws to first from his knees. also he may get more batter interference calls with missed hit and runs. Only problem is stealing third, but hey if you pick them off at first base they may not get there.