best team in middle tennessee

fightin23

Ravenwood won the game and deserves alot of credit for hanging in there down 7-1 in the 4th inning. I was impressed with their ability to swing the bat. In all fairest however, Ravenwood scored practically all of their runs off two soph pitchers throwing in their first varsity game. Coach Smith left 3 senior pitchers(who all won games for Lipscomb last year in the state tournament) for their two district games today and tomorrow.

Ravenwood was missing there starting second basemen, shortstop, and left fielder. All of them are seniors and are very good defensivly and offensivly.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after one week of play my top 3

1. goodpasture

2. ravenwood

3. lipscomb

who impressed? goodpasture, ravenwood, overton

who stayed pretty solid? beech, lipscomb

who fell? father ryan, brentwood academy

Siegel beat Ravenwood handly yesterday but lost to father ryan their pitch fell apart late. the bats were alive all day though. Scored 8 on Father Ryan and 11 on ravenwood.

Lebanon will never be as good as their talent as long as their current coach is still there. Hes terrible!!

Hey shorty! Getting a little cocky since you got tall enough to ride zipper at the county fair! Got a kick out of you running those bases! How did the dirt taste? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

after one week of play my top 3

1. goodpasture

2. ravenwood

3. lipscomb

who impressed? goodpasture, ravenwood, overton

who stayed pretty solid? beech, lipscomb

who fell? father ryan, brentwood academy

Overton should have beaten Independence. Heck, they had them beat, but then a couple of fielders decided to play footsies with the ball.

Siegel beat Ravenwood handly yesterday but lost to father ryan their pitch fell apart late. the bats were alive all day though. Scored 8 on Father Ryan and 11 on ravenwood.

Siegal did beat Ravenwood easily but Ravenwood gave Siegal the game. Ravenwood had 3 hit batters with the bases loaded. There were also a couple big errors that gave Siegal a couple runs. You take all those hit batters and errors away Ravenwood vs Siegal is a much better game.

If Ravenwood can throw strikes and play defense like they usually do, this thursday vs. Siegel will be a much better game. Ravenwood's #1 starter was very off on Sunday and couldn't throw strikes consistently to save his life, and every time he came in the strike zone it was served up on a platter. I was very surprised at how he did, because he's usually at the knees with very few location mistakes. Looking forward to this thursday for a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Blackman deserves more respect. They swept Siegel, gave Beech the game, and lost to Bartlett 5-4. Their also lost was to the 47th team in the nation,Sylvan Hills which they lost 5-4 as well, where Blackman pitched their number 4, and Sylvan Hills pitched their number 3, and their ace and Arkansas standout DJ Baxendale.