Grundy/Sequatchie Score

tiger34

Posted by tiger34:

I left this game with 1:13 left in the 3rd Quarter and Grundy was leading 45-0. The Jackets dominated the whole way, but they mishandled quite a few snaps. I am sure Del can give more details.

tiger34,

I can't provide more details because I didn't go. I retired from the sports business in June so I could fish more with my boy.

After seeing the score last night though I'm sure I know part of the answer.

I've been involved covering Grundy football since 1991. They've never got out of the gate in any of those seasons like they did last night. Obviously I'm a jynx. So I won't be going to any of the games as long as things go like last night. I want the boys to win. I don't want to bring any bad luck to them so I'll stay out of the way and root from afar.

Del (who thinks I have the curse of Moose and obviously bring bad luck with me. :rolleyes: )

Posted by tnvolsfan:

Where is Sequatchie at to come in here and talk about the indians? Didnt he have them ranked in his "top 10"

I have been busy I was hoping to get some things done Friday to go watch the Vols play today in Nashville but that ain't going to happen so I will have to watch them on the duece.

I will say that Grundy ran almost the same paly all night because that is all they had to run the Indians were terrible I say no more Thursday night games for Sequatchie after seeing that I think Grundy has a real good shot at winning there Region again this year! Now for the Indians they were no where near the same team thats played the past few weeks but if the Score is correct the they can forget about Thursday like it never happend because the Region games start this week and both them and Meigs Co. come in 0-1 on the year this weeks game means more than last weeks as it is a Region game and yes I did have Sequatchie ranked 10th in my poll of 15 in the Chattanooga area because I think few would disagree if they saw the INdians this preseason in scrimmages and just last week in the Jamboree that the team that was on the field Thursday was not the same team that played in the preseason but I am betting Win or lose that they show up with more fire and intensity at Meigs Co. this coming week!

Guest tnvolsfan

they better show up with something!! They should have showed up to the grundy game with kleenexes! I cant wait to see sequatchies next poll. He may have the indians ranked up to nymber 4 by now!! It is one thing to pull for your team but to be blindly opitmistic is another thing. Mackersie got reamed by colquette PERIOD!

Posted by tnvolsfan:

they better show up with something!! They should have showed up to the grundy game with kleenexes! I cant wait to see sequatchies next poll. He may have the indians ranked up to nymber 4 by now!! It is one thing to pull for your team but to be blindly opitmistic is another thing. Mackersie got reamed by colquette PERIOD!

You are very cocky for just your 6 post on the board you must be a freshman somewhere!:)

By the way my poll is out for this week! :)

Guest tnvolsfan

No sequatchie I am not ccky i jut spoke the truth!! You cm inhere talking up the indians and having them ranked in your tp 10, when they arent in th top 5 in the valley(marion,grundy,bledose,south pitt, and whitwell) are al better!! So i can understand being prud of your school, i too am from sequatchie, but lets get real now with your poll!! As forme only having 6 posts the reason is because unlike you i can not sit on th internet constantly and wasttime making up top 10's that amount to squat!! :)

Posted by tnvolsfan:

No sequatchie I am not ccky i jut spoke the truth!! You cm inhere talking up the indians and having them ranked in your tp 10, when they arent in th top 5 in the valley(marion,grundy,bledose,south pitt, and whitwell) are al better!! So i can understand being prud of your school, i too am from sequatchie, but lets get real now with your poll!! As forme only having 6 posts the reason is because unlike you i can not sit on th internet constantly and wasttime making up top 10's that amount to squat!! :)

I don't think your from Sequatchie County but if you are you must not have seen any of the pre-season scrimmages or the Jamboree did you go to the scrimmages at N.D. or Moore Co. or at home against 5A Coffee Co. I did they won all but Moore Co. scrimmage and thats because like Thursday night they played like crap but you could also say it was becasue of a 2 1/2 hr. bus ride! I have been going to Sequatchie Co. Football games going on 13 years and I have see some great Wins for the Indians like in 1990 a 7-6 Win over Marion Co. who went on to Win the State Title or later that year a Home loss to Gatlinburg-Pittman 31-6 in the State Quarterfinals. In 1993 beating defending State Champion Oneida 35-0 in a First Round game at Home. I have seen some great players wear that Purple & Gold uniform like Sam Hudson, Jackie Fletcher (I think the Oneida game they had a sign that read "Jackie Who?" and Fletcher showed them by putting on a great game I think he was the best Athlete to ever play for the Indians that I have seen! Other guys like Trent Young and more recently Brandon Johnson, Josh Cain, Derek Summers & Mark Bureau those are just some of the ones I remember. This 2002 is loaded with talent just give them time a great QB in Jordon Cain a Sophmore RB-DB in Justin price and a load of talented Freshmen like Brandon Lewis, Chase Whited and Lineman Chuck French who will be a monster! I think we may be a year away from a great run with only 4 seniors this year but I have faith that this team can have a great year if they return that spark that we got to see in the preseason!

Last week is over they are preparing for Meigs County team who comes in with a lose as well so I look forward to the short trek to Decatur on Friday!

I do think the Indians are better than a couple of teams you mentioned but it will be decided on the field! :D

[Edited by Sequatchie on 9-2-02 10:29P]

Maybe the Indians are not in the top 10. Who Cares!! If you are from Sequatchie, they are still your home team and you should back them WIN or LOSE! The Indians don't need any more "fair weather fans"!

Good Luck to Grundy, I hope they have a great season!

GO INDIANS!! Good Luck on Friday against Meigs!!

Posted by indianfan:

Maybe the Indians are not in the top 10. Who Cares!! If you are from Sequatchie, they are still your home team and you should back them WIN or LOSE! The Indians don't need any more "fair weather fans"!

Good Luck to Grundy, I hope they have a great season!

GO INDIANS!! Good Luck on Friday against Meigs!!

Your on the money Indianfan when I was in school we had classmates not many of them but a few who actually pulled for teams like Bledsoe Co. & Whitwell and that is fine as long as they aren't playing Sequatchie that week I know I have cheered on Marion Co. & S. Pittsburg in the State Championship games or in any game they have because they are local Valley teams but not when they play the Indians!

Thats like people living in the State of Tennesee there whole life and are Alabama or Georgia Football Fans I just don't get it!! :D:o