Best High School Bowlers ever in Tennessee.

bowler09

ok so im just gonna throw my two cents in lol. i believe that when trying to find the best high school bowlers you must look at their accomplishments not only in high school bowling but after high school and also the other tournaments besides high school. When you define the word best, that means that person shows skill, passion, and leadership throughout their bowling careers. I think this topic is interesting because it lets everyone give their input on who they feel is the best to come out of the state. If you want my own opinion, i believe Daniel Hannagan. Why you ask? Daniel has more passion for the game than anyone I have met. He has faced injury and still was victorious. He went to college and bowled for Vincennes and also helped get a collegiate program started at UTC. Not only is he a great competitor but he is also a great coach and mentor. Daniel exemplifies what the best from our state should be. Thats the best high school bowler to come out of Tennessee.

So Kyle i can agree with you that Daniel may be the best out of Tennessee. But what about guys such as Massengale or Poirier. Don't you think that they could be considered to be the best?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Kyle i can agree with you that Daniel may be the best out of Tennessee. But what about guys such as Massengale or Poirier. Don't you think that they could be considered to be the best?

Better than Daniel? I don't think so. Look at everything Daniel has done. The 300s and 800s are great don't get me wrong but sport bowling is BOWLING. Daniel competed collegiately for a great school and bowled well. How many high school bowlers from TN have even competed collegiately much less compete with those guys?

Better than Daniel? I don't think so. Look at everything Daniel has done. The 300s and 800s are great don't get me wrong but sport bowling is BOWLING. Daniel competed collegiately for a great school and bowled well. How many high school bowlers from TN have even competed collegiately much less compete with those guys?

I mean kyle you know that if i had more than one ball i would be good!! hahahaha.

I relaly don't know much about Scott but from what i saw from him i agree.

Thanks man /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> This is the end of my third year of bowling, and only recently have I begun to challenge myself with sport shots. They demand a much higher knowledge of adjustments and how to make those adjustments, and they tend to multiply your mistakes to a much larger scale than house shots do. So I'd have to agree with Kyle Barnes that sport bowling is BOWLING. It seperates the guys who really know what they're doing from those who still have a lot of work to do. And I still have a lot of work to do... But thanks for the words of encouragement. Good luck next year man, and I hope you get to keep bowling in college.

I agree with Kyle. If you're looking for the best bowlers to continue their success, or rather the best bowlers to come out of TN High Schools, it's a toss-up between Daniel and Kyle.

I'd pick Kyle though.

Hopefully I'll be able to throw my name in there soon though lol /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I agree with Kyle. If you're looking for the best bowlers to continue their success, or rather the best bowlers to come out of TN High Schools, it's a toss-up between Daniel and Kyle.

I'd pick Kyle though.

Hopefully I'll be able to throw my name in there soon though lol /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Continue their success is a great way to put it. So thats exactly why you would put Chris Massengale up there. Has 14 300 games, 8 800 series, averages over 236, was on the all district and region team every year, and has become one of the best bowlers in Chattanooga. How else can you continue your success. He has by far done more statistically than Daniel has. He bowls in tournaments, leagues, and practices just as hard as anyone. So I believe that he has by far continued his success better than any of you.

Continue their success is a great way to put it. So thats exactly why you would put Chris Massengale up there. Has 14 300 games, 8 800 series, averages over 236, was on the all district and region team every year, and has become one of the best bowlers in Chattanooga. How else can you continue your success. He has by far done more statistically than Daniel has. He bowls in tournaments, leagues, and practices just as hard as anyone. So I believe that he has by far continued his success better than any of you.

Hmm ok well dont get me wrong chris massengale is a great bowler but hwo has he done collegiately? Hmm i believe that all around Daniel is the best player. He is leading points in the Bowlers Advantage tournaments which is bowled on noting but kegel challenge patterns. Not only that but he has done very well in regionals around the area. League is fine and all but your maxed out on competition at the league level. Collegiate bowling is 10 times more competitive and challenging than any league or tournament around the Tennessee area. I believe that is a lot more important than league bowling.

Hmm ok well dont get me wrong chris massengale is a great bowler but hwo has he done collegiately? Hmm i believe that all around Daniel is the best player. He is leading points in the Bowlers Advantage tournaments which is bowled on noting but kegel challenge patterns. Not only that but he has done very well in regionals around the area. League is fine and all but your maxed out on competition at the league level. Collegiate bowling is 10 times more competitive and challenging than any league or tournament around the Tennessee area. I believe that is a lot more important than league bowling.

I dont believe that he has bowled in college. So maybe Daniel has that on him....fine. And from the standings in the bowlers advantage Chris has missed 2 of them and still is in 11th. So if we are going by your standards of the best bowler then Daniel first then Chris second. Chris bowls in tournaments to and as a matter of fact probably bowls in more than Daniel does. I never see Daniel bowl in the city or state tournaments. Just because Chris didnt bowl in College doesnt mean that he is not better. Bottom line is they are both great bowlers. You have your opinion and i have mine.

I dont believe that he has bowled in college. So maybe Daniel has that on him....fine. And from the standings in the bowlers advantage Chris has missed 2 of them and still is in 11th. So if we are going by your standards of the best bowler then Daniel first then Chris second. Chris bowls in tournaments to and as a matter of fact probably bowls in more than Daniel does. I never see Daniel bowl in the city or state tournaments. Just because Chris didnt bowl in College doesnt mean that he is not better. Bottom line is they are both great bowlers. You have your opinion and i have mine.

Ok but I dont consider bowling to be leagues or city and state tournaments. Those are all house pattern tournaments. When I think of the words "Great Bowlers" i think of guys that bowl on tough sport patterns and always rise to the top. Don't get me wrong I am not disrespecting anyone by any means but bowling on house patterns do not prove anything to me. I didnt like them in highschool and i completely hate them now. House patterns are like adult bumper bowling for the experienced bowlers. If I were to choose a team i would want the guys who bowl sport patterns all day because those are the real bowlers. Not knocking Chris Mass at all because i have seen him bowl sport and he does get it done but thats where you see who is a real bowler.

Ok but I dont consider bowling to be leagues or city and state tournaments. Those are all house pattern tournaments. When I think of the words "Great Bowlers" i think of guys that bowl on tough sport patterns and always rise to the top. Don't get me wrong I am not disrespecting anyone by any means but bowling on house patterns do not prove anything to me. I didnt like them in highschool and i completely hate them now. House patterns are like adult bumper bowling for the experienced bowlers. If I were to choose a team i would want the guys who bowl sport patterns all day because those are the real bowlers. Not knocking Chris Mass at all because i have seen him bowl sport and he does get it done but thats where you see who is a real bowler.

You both have compelling arguments, and I'm glad you can agree to disagree. Haha. Daniel and Chris both have a lot of talent, and they're both capable of succeeding on both house shots and sport shots. Whether one is more consistently better than the other is debatable, and that's the key on finding which of the two is better. I'm sure we can all agree that both are worthy of being dubbed the best in Tennessee (or at least among the best). Time will tell who the best is. ...And I believe the best high school bowler to come out of Tennessee will be... ... ... ... you ready for this?? ... ... ... ... ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Spencer Harp. Hands DOWN. yeah. what y'all think bout that?

You both have compelling arguments, and I'm glad you can agree to disagree. Haha. Daniel and Chris both have a lot of talent, and they're both capable of succeeding on both house shots and sport shots. Whether one is more consistently better than the other is debatable, and that's the key on finding which of the two is better. I'm sure we can all agree that both are worthy of being dubbed the best in Tennessee (or at least among the best). Time will tell who the best is. ...And I believe the best high school bowler to come out of Tennessee will be... ... ... ... you ready for this?? ... ... ... ... ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Spencer Harp. Hands DOWN. yeah. what y'all think bout that?

Huh? haha