should there be shot clocks

jcbiggestfan

Make the high school game look just like AAUful games.

Shot clock, empty gyms, cheerleader coaches, and ballhogging players going one on one.

Only difference will be no slobbering college coaches will be at the games because the NCAA won't grant the same privilege to the high schools that they give to the AAU.

Yeah. The shot clock. Thats the ticket. Make it a 10 second clock to maximize the excitement.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot clock, empty gyms, cheerleader coaches, and ballhogging players going one on one.

Only difference will be no slobbering college coaches will be at the games because the NCAA won't grant the same privilege to the high schools that they give to the AAU.

Yeah. The shot clock. Thats the ticket. Make it a 10 second clock to maximize the excitement.

uh uh - cuz' high schools don't play on Sunday mornings during church.......plus not sure why "anyone" would go to an AUU game other than parents......

YES IT DID HELP GLEASON CAUSE IT WAS AGAINST JC. WAS THE RECORD FOR GLEASON THAT 36-1 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. HOLDING THE BALL WAS HOW THEY DID IT EVERY PERIOD. THATS WHY I THINK A SHOT CLOCK SHOULD BE ADDED IN TOURNMENT TIME.

That makes real sense, play one way all year and play another way during the tournaments. If you don't want to get beat this way, you need to get ahead at the start of the game. I'm sure that JC was well aware of what was going to happen if Gleason got a lead. Make each possession that more important. Do you remember the score of this game?

no. 1... college coaches are in the middle of their season as well. you know what, this was such a well thought out post /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I really dont have a reply. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

That makes real sense, play one way all year and play another way during the tournaments. If you don't want to get beat this way, you need to get ahead at the start of the game. I'm sure that JC was well aware of what was going to happen if Gleason got a lead. Make each possession that more important. Do you remember the score of this game?

i meant gleason done it all year. not really sure but i think it was 5 to 10 pionts. and that was mostly foul shot scores. but thats all right its over and done with that was the past, that game was just an example why i think they need a shot clock. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

sounds like you need to go to more high school games or go put some more salt in that wound of yours!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I like it, good post!

After years of chasing your AAU dreams and spending what would pay for a college education on food, travel and lodging you'll start to feel differently. That is if your young lady even wants to play after 2-3 years of it..... been there, done that, got lots of T-shirts.

AAU is alot like the government, it is it's own worse enemy. The rules changes will hurt them in the end not help...

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hehe, this outta get 'em stirred up Salty!

i meant gleason done it all year. not really sure but i think it was 5 to 10 pionts. and that was mostly foul shot scores. but thats all right its over and done with that was the past, that game was just an example why i think they need a shot clock. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The score was 50 - 22....................

After years of chasing your AAU dreams and spending what would pay for a college education on food, travel and lodging you'll start to feel differently. That is if your young lady even wants to play after 2-3 years of it..... been there, done that, got lots of T-shirts.

AAU is alot like the government, it is it's own worse enemy. The rules changes will hurt them in the end not help...

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hehe, this outta get 'em stirred up Salty!

I'm sorry that you had such a terrible experience. It doesn't have to be that way in all cases. Our family had a great experience in AAU ball and will always have some great memories because of it. I'm sure that the other families on our team feel the same way.

I do think that if you're in AAU to chase a scholarship, then your experience is likely to be very stressful and disappointing. My feeling is that when you get a bunch of players and families together whose primary purpose is getting a scholarship, it gets pretty miserable pretty fast. As much as we enjoyed AAU, I have to say that the experience got more challenging and less fun during our final season (summer 2008) when recruiting became more prominent and just playing basketball sometimes got lost.

I'm still against the shot clock in high school, but it is absolutely necessary in AAU. By the way, Redog, some of the best middle school to high school aged basketball games I've ever seen were AAU games. Come to AAU Nationals sometime. You'll see some amazing ball and it's definitely not all superstar dominated stuff.

I thought that it was more like 50 - 22 than 5 or 10. I don't believe a shot clock would have made the difference. Better team won.

I SAID I DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE SCORE WAS FOR SURE. BUT MOST OF THERE POINTS COME OFF OF FREE THROWS CAUSE THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY THAT JC COULD TOUCH THE BALL. BETTER TEAM OF COURSE WHEN ALL YOU DO IS HOLD THE BALL. SOUNDS LIKE COWARDS TO ME.