D-II Duals

In Hoc Signo Vinces

I completely agree Navy the refs to me seemed way too timid to be on the "big stage" which is the state dual tourney. Just think these adults are in charge of the these kid's well being on the mat, yet not only can they not call a consistent match (which is completely secondary to the wrestler's safety), but they seem too afraid to protect or overly afraid to protect a kid's well being on the mat. THESE REFS AT THE D-II DUALS WERE GARBAGE, AND NO THEY ARE NOT VOLUNTEERS THEY GET PAID A VERY GOOD SALARY, ESPECIALLY IN THIS ECONOMY, SO THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor wrestled very well congrats, next stop is Chatt-town for the big show, hopefully we will have it come down to the wire like last year.

The reffing though was sub par for the semi-finals and regular finals but anyway I don't think anyone had a chance against baylor this year, but still YOU KNOW THE REFS GET PAID, SO AS MUCH AS YOU PEOPLE WANT TO SAY THEY ARE VOLUNTEERS, THEY ARE GETTIMG PAID, SO BE MORE CONSISTENT OR DONT REF AND DONT COLLECT YOUR PAY.

Whinners go buy a whistle and try it for a season or two

Whinners go buy a whistle and try it for a season or two

You know, that may be so, Stumpguy, but I think we should not be accepting mediocre, we should be striving for the best, and refs will always be under the scrutiny of the fans, part of the deal, but the ref should call his game, not the fan's game, but above all repeat above all, dangerous positions, this is NUTS! Who wants to have a bum shoulder or knee for th rest of their lives because of a late safety call? NOONE! Make the call...one or two points in the end make no difference...hope the refs are tuning in to this because this is important..

Agree Navy, these decisions the refs are making are sometimes physically life altering decisions for a wrestler and if these refs blow the whistle one second too late for a wrestler it is no big deal for them, they just get to go home and not deal with the reprocussions that their decision had, but the wrestler has to deal with the consequences that the "adult" made.

And as for you stump guy why does Baylor not ever got to Indiana or Oklahoma or any other barely better than mediocre state to wrestle the best?

I for one hope that the Father Ryan fans did not complain about the officials in the match with Baylor. When you get torched and only win 3 of the 14 individual matches during the finals you cannot tell me that it was the officials fault. Being down here in sunny Florida I had no way of watching the match but I do have a question: Is the "BIG RED MACHINE" that much better than all of the other teams in Tennessee? What has made the Baylor wrestling team superior to all of the other teams in Tennessee? Is it coaching, off season wrestling, their strength & conditioning program, wrestling technique, better athletes, a combination of everything, etc... ???????? Will any Tennessee team be able to compete with Baylor in the near future?

I am def. not saying the reffing lost FR their finals match because they did get obliterated, I was talking bout a few other matches, but Baylor is really good for four reasons 1. The saying Summer wrestling makes winter champions is something Baylor's program embraces 2. Their past successful wrestlers come back and give to the program, by wrestling with the kids during practice, so most of the kids havevery talented drill partners 3. They have great coaches who teach great technique 4. They always seem to have more wind then their opponent

Ryan fans are jerks.

After getting their butts whipped by Baylor, they first offer phony compliments then they complain about;

1) Baylor moms

2) the refs

3) Blackman fans

4) Baylor's schedule

Who should get Coach T's annual "Irish Dad" award - In Hoc Signo Vinces, MWR or FreeStyle4Life?

Ryan fans are jerks.

Ryan fans are jerks.

After getting thie butts whipped by Baylor, they complain about

In Hoc Signo Vinces

Dude, read the posts that were made. He was in no way complaining about the loss. He admitted they got beat handedly. The complaing was an across the board statement about the reffing from the entire tournament.

Ryan fans are jerks.

After getting their butts whipped by Baylor, they first offer phony compliments then they complain about;

1) Baylor moms

2) the refs

3) Blackman fans

4) Baylor's schedule

Who should get Coach T's annual "Irish Dad" award - In Hoc Signo Vinces, MWR or FreeStyle4Life?

Ryan fans are jerks.

What is your problem? You are a neutral party. Did you once get touched by a priest at Father Ryan? Give me the "Irish Dad" award, I am a bigger jerk than the other guys on the ballot. No one was complaining about anything with Baylor? Baylor is the better team by far. Some complaints can be made about officialing regardless of who was wrestling.

1) MWR was simply stating that Austell is NOT afraid of anyone, he has defeated the #1 ranked 140 in DI.

2) THE REFS WERE COMPLETE GARBAGE!! Its not just Irish complaining, it is everyone on this board.

3) I have said it once, I will say it again..... Blackman fans should just stay in their mobile homes.

4) No one was complaining about Baylors schedule? They wrestle the best out of Tennessee (that will actually wrestle them... cough cough Bradley) Baylor also wrestles the best out of Georgia in Collins Hill.

Ironman you obviously are just angry because the team you like is probably not ever going to compete with Father Ryan, unless you are a Baylor fan, then in which case all I have to say is, you won a state title so go celebrate that instead of insulting the fans of the team you just faced. There are such things as sore winners.

Hahahaha agree freestyle, I completely agree, with what your trying to say but allow me to elaborate. Ironman is either A. a sore loser B. A complete idiot, or their is always the likelihood of C. A combination of both A & B. Yeah Ironman my compliments to Baylor were "phony" as you can read my mind, I really didn't mean them. I gave Baylor the compliments they deserve, and if you can't see that then your.......well an idiot.

Next time ironman don't post after getting beat by the stupid stick.