2009 Predictions

sirlancealot32

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just interested in who everyone thinks has a chance to win it all.

(MUS) Barry Hillyer is a shoe-in. He could snap his femur in half game one and get Second Team All-State, let's be real.

(MUS) Johnny Carson is the same way, but he would probably only get Honorable Mention All-State. Sorry.

(MUS) Kimbrough Taylor should get something. He's an athlete and has been seeing significant playing time at a high level of lacrosse for way too long to not get anything. He's a good player.

(CBHS) Justin Bateman will have a great year, I think. The kid is a freak in the cage. He has his bad games, but when he's on he's unstoppable. He'll probably have to change boxers if he sees this though, so let's hope he doesn't frequent the CoachT forums. No but really, he could have started for CBHS last year (at times) over All State Goalie Patrick Quinn... And Bateman was a Sophomore.

(McCallie) Whoever that little attack/mid is for McCallie will be All State... Again. Kid's a baller.

(McCallie) Kemp will also make the All State team. He was Second Team with me last year, and this kid is just good. He has a cannon and is scary quick.

(CBHS) David Popwell had a pretty bad year last year, but he can be a baller if he wants to. Anyone who plays with him can tell you how good is when he's trying.

(MUS) Barry Hillyer is a shoe-in. He could snap his femur in half game one and get Second Team All-State, let's be real.

(MUS) Johnny Carson is the same way, but he would probably only get Honorable Mention All-State. Sorry.

(MUS) Kimbrough Taylor should get something. He's an athlete and has been seeing significant playing time at a high level of lacrosse for way too long to not get anything. He's a good player.

(CBHS) Justin Bateman will have a great year, I think. The kid is a freak in the cage. He has his bad games, but when he's on he's unstoppable. He'll probably have to change boxers if he sees this though, so let's hope he doesn't frequent the CoachT forums. No but really, he could have started for CBHS last year (at times) over All State Goalie Patrick Quinn... And Bateman was a Sophomore.

(McCallie) Whoever that little attack/mid is for McCallie will be All State... Again. Kid's a baller.

(McCallie) Kemp will also make the All State team. He was Second Team with me last year, and this kid is just good. He has a cannon and is scary quick.

(CBHS) David Popwell had a pretty bad year last year, but he can be a baller if he wants to. Anyone who plays with him can tell you how good is when he's trying.

What about some mid-state players?

What about some mid-state players?

What about some mid-state players? I'm sure there will be plenty of kids from East, Middle, and West Tennessee who make the All-State Selection, but not too many mid-state players are fresh in my mind from last year, and there aren't any dominating players like I mentioned from the MBA, Father Ryan, Ravenwood area... None that I can think of, anyway. If you have some other ideas post them. I just named the best players in the state as far as I'm concerned.

What about some mid-state players? I'm sure there will be plenty of kids from East, Middle, and West Tennessee who make the All-State Selection, but not too many mid-state players are fresh in my mind from last year, and there aren't any dominating players like I mentioned from the MBA, Father Ryan, Ravenwood area... None that I can think of, anyway. If you have some other ideas post them. I just named the best players in the state as far as I'm concerned.

But I did forget to mention Rutlidge (spelling probably wrong, sorry) from MUS. He played alongside Sail and Hall last year on MUS's tough, tough D. He's tough, himself, and very athletic. Good footwork and blah blah blah. He's good.

I dont know what you are talking about...there are some mid state players worth giving atleast a look at. From MBA, Bailey Brandon is the best Goalie in the state (made 2nd team all state last year). Also from MBA what about that crease attackman (Garrett #12 maybe), he seemed to be pretty accurate last year and i believe he was 3rd in the state in goals. But the problem is he doesnt have Sanders #13 to draw the defense to open him up due to graduation. The last player from MBA whom I think will be very effective is #3 Curtis. A great athlete he looks like he has some major potential.

Also what about the defender from Ravenwood (Davis) he seems to be a great athlete and also have some major potential as well.

But i do agree with your predictions on the MUS players and McCallie players. Its going to be a good year of Lax in Tennessee.

i will be shocked if Franklin Martin or Devin Cleaves from MUS doesn't receive any post season recognition. Frank got straight-up snubbed last year in the all-state after receiving HM after his freshman year. Look for him to have a big year. As for Devin, all he does is make plays. He is slippery and will break your ankles. Boom.

I pretty much agree with the above posts. I can't believe franklin didn't get anything last year, but i doubt that will be the case this time around. I think that Mccallie's goalie Patton Watkins should be considered for something. I know i'm a bit biased, but i mean it when i say he's the best goalie i've ever played against, and pretty much anything outside of 12 yards is a save. His outlets are also sick. I think any MUS player would agree with me after his 16 save performance in our first game last year.

I think it will be interesting this yr to see how brentwood does this yr... they had a great line up last yr and really didnt grad to many players but i have heard that there all-state D cameron isnt playing this yr b/c he signing a football scholarship (congrats to him) but how much of a hit is that coming to make for them and will they be able to step up from D2 up to D1

Also what about franklin..? they did decent last yr for the first yr up in the D1 level but they lost both of their stout attack, one with an ACL and another to a personal issue, but i have seen a practice and they seem to have filled in the attack position fairly well but they also looked a little weak in the goalie and Defence area... that should be interesting to see

now to the D2 mid region....

there hasnt really been anyone in my mind that has stood out to show anything amazing... centennial has a stout senior lineup with an all-state attack and a bruising D... cookville grad an all-state attack and a good middie but still have their goalie and an ok D back this yr.... after making it to the championship last yr i dont see father ryan doin anything this yr do to the fact that they grad their entire starting line up and i didnt see anything from their younger bunch... but who knows they might have someone step up... ensworth came victom to brentwood 10-0 the other day so i really dont know how they fair up this yr i dont honestly know to much about them.... i can honestly say i dont see anyone really standing in the way of centennial to win it all this yr... the only way chs doesnt is if they beat themselves with dumb mental mistakes..

welllll

kinda like i thought, franklin hasnt done anything to impress anyone losing 5 in a row and 4 to D2 teams. brentwood has held their own vs D2 teams so far but havent really shown up vs D1 teams.

Cookvile, JP2, CHS look to be the top teams this yr for D2 and this fri will be interesting to see with JP2 and CHS going at it at 5 at old BGA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ensworth and baylor have put up big numbers in their games but have not played anyone to the caliber of cookville, JP2, or CHS's play but that doesnt mean they cant show up and take it to them