East Hickman Eagles

EastAdvocate

I am new to Coacht but I wanted to add my thoughts on the coaching search at EHS.

Coach Rewis would be a very good pick to be the new head coach at EHS. He has a track record of success with Heritage being the exception. A large contributor to his lack of winning at Heritage was the open school district. The better athletes could choose Heritage, Alcoa, or Merryville. Having to compete with these two schools is a tough process. Coach Rewis knows how to win and how to deal with parents who think they know how a team should be run. Coach Harris may also be a good candidate. I will not comment because I do not know him or his coaching style. My understanding is he has no head coaching experience at the high school level but has been a successful middle school coach. Maybe both of these men can coach the team. Tommy Rewis can be the Head Coach and Coach Harris can be his assistant or number two member of the staff. This will help EHS prepare for the future and be a solid beginning to a very good coaching staff.

If these two gentlemen are the finalists for the job, I hope the choice is made based on what is best for the players, school, and community. Good luck to all the candidates,

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on when they will have a coach named?

Interviews are this week. Harris should be named HC sometime next week imo. Does anyone know if Principal Jackson will be involved in this process or is it really just McCord's decision at the board?

Interviews are this week. Harris should be named HC sometime next week imo. Does anyone know if Principal Jackson will be involved in this process or is it really just McCord's decision at the board?

O.K. let me see if I have this straight. The paper listed 7 applicants that were supposed to get interviews. According to posts on here one withdrew, and in another thread (Cannon County)it appears that another one of the seven may have that job lined up. That leaves 5. A couple that appear to have had successful experience at other programs (one at Fairview which is a similar size school as East Hickman). Yet, several people have posted on here that Coach Harris at the middle school is the next coach. Why is that? Before people jump down my throat...........I am not questioning him as a middle school coach, I know that he has had success on that level, but what makes him the front runner for the high school job............ if in fact he really is? Seems to me that one of these other coaches that have had pretty extensive high school experience might deserve a close look.

Nobody knows , any talk is only speculation. Like I stated before there may be other Coaches that would be good as well. One thing Coach Harris has that the others dont is that he has proven himself in the East Hickman area, he lives in the community,worships in the community,works in the community and he knows 97% of the kids on the team and he has coached all of them in Middle School, Just because he is a Middle School Coach does not make him less better than the others that have been on the High School Stage.He is no dummy, he has found ways to win when the cards are stacked against him,just smart coaching. I know Coach Harris and the things he has in his court that will make a difference right away is, the kids believe in him, he will get 70 plus kids on the team just because they want to play for him. this is a reciepe for sucess in my book. Whoever gets the job,I support them and hope they can bring a good program to East Hickman.

I am not one who focus on wins. Just a drama free season would suit me fine.

Darkhorse candidate for HC is Bobby Baskin from McGavock with his hybrid shotgun wing T offense and 3-5 defense could be a good fit for E. Hickman. My money is still on Harris.

Darkhorse candidate for HC is Bobby Baskin from McGavock with his hybrid shotgun wing T offense and 3-5 defense could be a good fit for E. Hickman. My money is still on Harris.

NCS good luck in your situation. Hope it works out for you. You deserve it. Have you put in for this job or any others in case what should be yours falls through.

What would be considered a successful season in the eyes of the community.

I have had children playing sports in this county for 20 years...never before have I seen this amount of discontent in the community with a coach from any sport that I witnessed this year. The blame comes form both sides of the fence..coach and parents. Most parents that I know have no problem with a hard nose coach... there were some incidents were the coach was totally out of line and this is where the problem started. Respect has to go both ways! As far as who the new coach will be....I know only Coach Harris...He has coached several years in this community and between my children I spent 5 years watching him coach. My children are done with High School now...but I still want what is best for the students that are still there. I can honestly say that during the 5 years that I witnessed Coach Harris coaching that I never saw this type of discontent with him from the community. He was hard on his players..but he respected them and they respected him. He played no head games with them...he told them what he wanted and expected...if they messed up..they paid the piper. A successful season to me is when the boys give it everything they have in a game "win or lose" that they are still able to leave the field with their heads up because they know they have done their best without someone making them feel less than perfect. There is no perfect in this world..and anyone that believes there is needs to see a shrink.

Coach Harris IS the BEST fit for the job!

He is the peoples choice!

The court of inquisition has been set in his honor..........

Those that have made application before them will be sifted through and cast off.........

The grand administrator will restore the kingdom to its rightful owners.........

He will field a team at least seventy players strong......... the exodus to other kingdoms will halt with his hiring!

He will unite the masses and his dynasty will free those exiled to the dungeons of ISS and the alternative school......

The academically ineligible will rejoice............

in accordance with the prophecy!