GRACE Vs. CSAS game of century

gracefan423

Comments about poor coaching and not using the talent we have get old after a while. For the size of our school we could not have accomplished athletically all that has been accomplished over the past seven or eight years if the coaches were poor and our talent was not being used appropriately. We could all agree that we would do some things differently, but we do not see all that happens in practice or know all there is to know about the team. I am proud of how our team played Friday night against Temple. I am also proud of our fans and our student section. Way to come out and support your team!! It was a great game!! I think the Silverdale loss might turn out to be the best thing for our school and our team!!!! My prediction for Tuesday night against CSAC: Grace Wins!!

I agree totally, I think our coach's do a fine job. The same thing happened last year when Silverdale beat Grace's baseball team. Something clicked and Grace went on to win the disctrict. I guess we owe Silverdale a big thank you. THANK YOU SILVERDALE!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Oh yeah, Grace wins by 5!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaugnessy is the X factor tomorrow night. If he gets early fouls and doesnt assert himself in the 1st and 2nd quarter...CSAS is gonna hang around and make a game of it. On the flip side, if Patrick gets physical and gets some fouls called on Townsend or whoever is guarding him then CSAS is gonna be in trouble. In my opinion, Herman will get his points. If Patrick is limited then CSAS chance of of winning grows exponentially.

As for CSAS, I think that if Cousins can get his midrange jumpshot and penetration going and Townsend has a good, not necessarily great, night shooting the ball then CSAS will be in it throughout. Stallion has been playing excellent basketball for the Patriots, and they will need him big time tomorrow night. He will get about 5 steals and turn them into fast break opportunities for the Pats which takes Shaugnessy's size out of the game. If the role players from CSAS can contribute (Ty Johnson and Nick Jackson especially) with 6-8 points and good decisions when they get the ball in their hands I think CSAS can get the victory.

Lets not forget that the past two years Grace has beaten CSAS in the regular season, then CSAS went on to win in the semis. The Patriots need to remember that while this game is important, it will not define their season, and go out and play a CONFIDENT game so that they can carry it over to the region tourney.

When Grace and Temple played Friday night, it was one of the best games I have seen all season long. If Grace plays against CSAS the way they played us, I believe that Grace will win in a close one. If Grace plays the way they have been playing the rest of the season, they will lose. One thing that I respect about CSAS is that they seem to play consistently most of the time. I would agree that CSAS is peaking. I watched them peak over the course of the season when they finished runner up at the state tournament.

I hope that Friday night turns out to be Temple's Silverdale.

I guess we owe Silverdale a big thank you. THANK YOU SILVERDALE!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Oh yeah, Grace wins by 5!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ha, Ha.... That makes me laugh. That is taking it just a little too far!!!

Grace doesn't utilize the talent they have due to poor coaching. CSAS is peaking right now and playing their best ball of the season. I as well pick CSAS winning by about 5.

I think grace will win this one. You cannot say csas has been playing their "best ball ever" when they almost lost to 21st century taking them to the fourth quater only winning by 8

I think grace will win this one. You cannot say csas has been playing their "best ball ever" when they almost lost to 21st century taking them to the fourth quater only winning by 8

Looking at their schedule, CSAS had played four games that week and had won all by 30+ points (2 by 70+). Its pretty hard for a high school team to mentally get up for teams you know you should proabaly beat, easily. I don't know if I would judge how they will play against Grace by how they played against 21st Century. Just because Grace beat Temple in one game doesn't mean Grace has turned things around. Its a home game and its homecoming. Grace should win. I really think that Grace, Temple and CSAS are evenly matched and present different problems for each. The tournament will be fun to watch /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Looking at their schedule, CSAS had played four games that week and had won all by 30+ points (2 by 70+). Its pretty hard for a high school team to mentally get up for teams you know you should proabaly beat, easily. I don't know if I would judge how they will play against Grace by how they played against 21st Century. Just because Grace beat Temple in one game doesn't mean Grace has turned things around. Its a home game and its homecoming. Grace should win. I really think that Grace, Temple and CSAS are evenly matched and present different problems for each. The tournament will be fun to watch /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

[/quote

I think it's fair to say that Grace, Temple, and Arts are not evenly matched. I could understand making a case that Grace and Temple are. Arts has had a fine season and are definetly capable of pulling an upset over either team if the chips fall in the right places, but looking back over the whole season, I think that it's tough to make a case for them being evenly matched.

Looking at their schedule, CSAS had played four games that week and had won all by 30+ points (2 by 70+). Its pretty hard for a high school team to mentally get up for teams you know you should proabaly beat, easily. I don't know if I would judge how they will play against Grace by how they played against 21st Century. Just because Grace beat Temple in one game doesn't mean Grace has turned things around. Its a home game and [b]its homecoming[/b]. Grace should win. I really think that Grace, Temple and CSAS are evenly matched and present different problems for each. The tournament will be fun to watch /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just for the record...it was not homecoming. The tournament should be a nail-biter but only fun for the fans of the team that wins!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think it's fair to say that Grace, Temple, and Arts are not evenly matched. I could understand making a case that Grace and Temple are. Arts has had a fine season and are definetly capable of pulling an upset over either team if the chips fall in the right places, but looking back over the whole season, I think that it's tough to make a case for them being evenly matched.

Would it really be that much of an upset if CSAS beat either Grace or Temple? Athletically, CSAS has just as many or more athletes as Grace or Temple. Sure, Temple has Sexton and Grace has their big three but CSAS has their big three also. If you look at the schedule, you could make an argument that CSAS has played a tougher out of region schedule than either Grace or Temple. The only thing really seperating CSAS from Temple and Grace, in my opinion, is big game expierence and really just time playing with each other. The last time CSAS played Temple it was close. The last time CSAS played Grace, the game came down to a couple of plays. I think the "baby patriots" are the most dangerous team in the region - simply because they may just decide to "grow up" in the tournament. IDK - stay tuned...

Would it really be that much of an upset if CSAS beat either Grace or Temple? Athletically, CSAS has just as many or more athletes as Grace or Temple. Sure, Temple has Sexton and Grace has their big three but CSAS has their big three also. If you look at the schedule, you could make an argument that CSAS has played a tougher out of region schedule than either Grace or Temple. The only thing really seperating CSAS from Temple and Grace, in my opinion, is big game expierence and really just time playing with each other. The last time CSAS played Temple it was close. The last time CSAS played Grace, the game came down to a couple of plays. I think the "baby patriots" are the most dangerous team in the region - simply because they may just decide to "grow up" in the tournament. IDK - stay tuned...

CSAS definitely has its share of athletes and I agree with you whole-heartedly that they are the most dangerous team in the region. Grace should know that better than anyone since the Patriots ended their season prematurely the last two years. It looks to me like this year's region tournament will be the most closley matched we have seen in a while. Temple could just as easily be the one watching from the stands this year - something I would never have allowed myself to even think (much less say) at the beginning of the season...

I did not see the game tonight but how well did the Patriots and Golden Eagles play?

CSAS definitely has its share of athletes and I agree with you whole-heartedly that they are the most dangerous team in the region. Grace should know that better than anyone since the Patriots ended their season prematurely the last two years. It looks to me like this year's region tournament will be the most closley matched we have seen in a while. Temple could just as easily be the one watching from the stands this year - something I would never have allowed myself to even think (much less say) at the beginning of the season...

I did not see the game tonight but how well did the Patriots and Golden Eagles play?

CoachT scoreboard shows CSAS won, 58-40. Grace must have had some starters missing.