Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Hey Krich, how about a summary of the Cloudland @ Unaka game. I haven't heard anything about it other than what I read in the paper. Did Unaka play well ? Did Cloudland play well ? What are your thoughts on the upcoming Hampton @ Cloudland game Friday ? Watched the Lady Dogs last night against NG and one minute they look unstoppable and the next they look like a chinese fire drill. I'll tell you one thing, NG is for real and that #23 (Britton) can play the game. For the second game in a row Weddle fouled out and didn't play but about a quarter and a half. Sat out the first quarter, don't know what was up with that. She seems to be out of sync which is understandable considering how long she has been out but do you think she can get back to where she was or better ? And since you are at it how about giving your take on the upcoming District 1 A Tournament. Should be a dandy. Let me throw in a "Well done" to Coach Fisher and his Lady Blue Devils on their win over SG. The District 1 AA tournament should be a dandy as well. Am I being redundant ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an incredible example of consistency. Not only that, but the feat was accomplished during three

coaching tenures - - Wilson, Weems, and Dugger.

The dates tend to run together, but I think the streak began during Rikki Baughman's (now a senior at

Milligan) sophomore season; which would've been Elizabeth Holtsclaw's (who played at King) senior

season.

And wasn't that the year a girl named Michaela started high school?

Beth Holtsclaw was a senior Rikki's freshman year. Michaela's group were freshmen Rikki's junior year. The Cameron Crapps/ Eden Treadway class was in between. The class ahead of Rikki and Valnessha's was the Tanya Dykes/ Brandi Forbes/ Whitney Bishop group. The streak did begin Rikki's Sophomore year.

Is it any wonder that coachh17 was one heck of a history/social studies teacher.........

Good players make good coaches and good coaches make good players. The Lady Cyclones have been fortunate to have both during this eight year run, which really started when Rikki and Val entered 9th grade. With the young talent already on the roster, and wealth of good players at TAD, I see this run continuing into the next decade.

Yes! Congradulations to Unicoi for their win.

But, Bluedevildad, do it with some class and dignity. Your comments above clearly show that you yourself have absolutely no Class at all to leave behind. Your comments completely overshadow your girls coming out with a classy win. So, so sad.

South Greene's notorious hostile gym is no different than your own or any other gym in the conference. Your comments on borrowing chew from a lady rebel is shallow and degrating of yourself. Learn some self respect and dignity and then try to be a role model for your own players and fans.

After you have completed those courses then go to stripe school and learn to ref yourself. Then get out there and do a better job if your think you can. Take a look at the game films, look back at the calls that were made and the ones that were not. There were good and bad calls on both sides of the the court. One bad call could have been the difference in the whole game. Remember when in the first half the game that Brandi Crum of SG and Unicoi were making rebound on a missed shot of Unicoi's. That resulted in an over the back call for Brandi Crum. The basket never fell, it was a rebound and a foul. The ref called the two points good on a basket that never fell! GEE, two points that was never made. Subtract that from your score and see what the outcome truly was.

But, it was a lesson learned for SG girls.

WELL I GUESS OL BLUE DEVIL DAD MADE SOME NOISE GLAD TO GET UNDER SOME SKIN AND GLAD TO RUB ELBOWS WITH ANY . I FOR ONE KNOW HOW THE GAME WAS ROUGH SHOD ALL THE WAY AND OUT COACHED ,OUTPLAYED WHATEVER OUR GIRLS DESERVED AND EARNED THE WIN . SO CHEW ON

Not just a history teacher, but a certifiable genius as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Seven years was mentioned, and Fan, you noted an eight-year run; didn't the Holtsclaw group also

win close to twenty games? I remember writing an article about her signing with King, but with my

memory, I'd have to invade the Star to gather those records. I seem to recall that they were District

Champs, or at leastrunners-up.

Dog, I got totally left out of Tuesday's action. All I managed were a few comments from Coaches Tolley,

Birchfield, and a few others who were at either game.

From what I gather, and from seeing the North Greene at Cloudland game, Brooke Johnson looks to

be building her annual Tournament momentum. Shellie McKiney appears to be outworking everyone

under the boards; and as mentioned, Brittany Reece is becoming a big part of Cloudland's post game.

If completely healthy (and that might not be in the cards this season, but) if the Lady Bulldogs are reasonably

mended by Tournament time, then I really like their chances. Regardless, I think there's parity-enough that

we very well might not see District-Regional sweeps; and possibly at both A and AA levels. Three teams, in

both conferences, are reasonably well-matched.

Not only that, but to take Happy Valley and Chuckey Doak, at 2, or Unaka at 1, lightly, could have season-

ending consequences. In fact (and just my opinion but), I expect at least one HUGE upset... and probably at

the Regions - - - where it hurts the most. And, we already know that at least one very good team, from both conferences, will be sent home short of Sub-State.

When we consider the scores from Elizabethton and South Greene, and what happened at North Greene

with Hampton and Cloudland; and of course, last night's shootout in Hampton; and we know that Happy Valley took both the Lady Cyclones and Unicoi County down to the wire. And, Chuckey Doak split with Elizabethton, Happy Valley and Unicoi County... then we should expect perhaps our most unpredictable, and

exciting tournament play in quite a while (though last season's Elizabethton win over South Greene in the

Region Final was amazing).

Meanwhile, Hampton goes to Roan Mountain! Will the Lady Bulldogs manage to force a coin-flip? Or, if

there are more than two teams tied, do they draw straws?

Ultimately, the good money is on an Elizabethton-South Greene final in both tournaments. But then we further

consider that Chuckey Doak will be hosting. And, North Greene is a twenty-minute drive from Afton.

WELL I GUESS OL BLUE DEVIL DAD MADE SOME NOISE GLAD TO GET UNDER SOME SKIN AND GLAD TO RUB ELBOWS WITH ANY . I FOR ONE KNOW HOW THE GAME WAS ROUGH SHOD ALL THE WAY AND OUT COACHED ,OUTPLAYED WHATEVER OUR GIRLS DESERVED AND EARNED THE WIN . SO CHEW ON

I would hate to think you were anyone's Dad (bluedevildat), God Bless that poor child to have such an IGNORANT parent. I cannot believe you would write such things about kids and yes you are making fun and yes I do take it personal. I am sorry you are not worth mine or South Greene Lady Rebel's time. May God Bless You!

Meanwhile, Hampton goes to Roan Mountain! Will the Lady Bulldogs manage to force a coin-flip? Or, if

there are more than two teams tied, do they draw straws?

If Hampton beats both Cloudland and UH they will be the conference champion and no flip will be needed. I they lose to Cloudland and beat UH then there will be a three way tie. Should they lose to both they will finish third. I think I got that all right. Anyway, will be some entertaining action.

Krich, I could be wrong but I think that team, 2001-02 (Beth's senior year/Rikki's freshman year), won 18 games. I believe they lost in the District championship game, to Hampton, and in the Regional semifinals to South Greene. Both were close games as I recall. In fact I think the Hampton game was sent into OT by a long 3 from EHS's left handed point guard.

Thats true! No one in Erwin has the right to say anything about class. And I'll guarantee, if you need to borrow some snuff, the men and women will have good supply. It'll be running out of both corners of their mouths while they hollar at the refs and cuss the opposing fans.

WELL WHERE ARE YOU FROM ZAZA9O I WOULD LIKE A COMMENT ON YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD . WE ARENT, ALLOWED TO USE PROFANITY OR YELL AT THE REFS IN OUR HOME GYM IT,S AGAINST THE RULES.

That's an incredible example of consistency. Not only that, but the feat was accomplished during three

coaching tenures - - Wilson, Weems, and Dugger.

The dates tend to run together, but I think the streak began during Rikki Baughman's (now a senior at

Milligan) sophomore season; which would've been Elizabeth Holtsclaw's (who played at King) senior

season.

And wasn't that the year a girl named Michaela started high school?

YES CONGRATULATIONS CYCLONES AND COACH DUGGER , A GOOD YEAR INDEED !

I would hate to think you were anyone's Dad (bluedevildat), God Bless that poor child to have such an IGNORANT parent. I cannot believe you would write such things about kids and yes you are making fun and yes I do take it personal. I am sorry you are not worth mine or South Greene Lady Rebel's time. May God Bless You!

WELL THANK YOU GOD1 ,IT HURTS A LITTLE I KNOW CAUSE I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS FOR 4 YEARS AND HAVE ANOTHER 4 TO GO . ALL I AM SAYING IS WHEN IT,S ON THE OTHER FOOT WEAR IT WELL . BECAUSE WE SURE HAVE FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU

WELL THANK YOU GOD1 ,IT HURTS A LITTLE I KNOW CAUSE I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS FOR 4 YEARS AND HAVE ANOTHER 4 TO GO . ALL I AM SAYING IS WHEN IT,S ON THE OTHER FOOT WEAR IT WELL . BECAUSE WE SURE HAVE FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU

Again you are showing your Ignorance and you wear that shoe well. God Bless