TSSAA OFFICIALS

BEARCLAW

No problem, just having a little fun at your expense. Seriously though, the student who was responsible for the act should probably have been removed from the gymnasium by the game administrator. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you.... I think the reason nothing was done, it was senior night, but it " ruffled/reddened /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> " the kid throwing the ball in when it happened...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.... I think the reason nothing was done, it was senior night, but it " ruffled/reddened /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> " the kid throwing the ball in when it happened...

So on Senior night, anything goes?

So on Senior night, anything goes?

Nope not saying that,,, if fact i was there with the team that got " shanked" also calling the players of the opposing team by name and saying " you stink" but good player can tune this out... it really didnt seem to bother anyone at that school .. the behavior... in fact it seemed to incite " more ugliness" one thing... my younug wont act like that... or " attitude adjustment"" when i get em home,,, be it freshman or junior... i think the fans for that team were "over cheering" for their team

Couldn't possibly have been another crew, huh?! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I'm sure there were other crews that did just as well a job that night. Kudos are good, but don't make the other crews in your area think that they didn't have a good game by singling out one crew.

I wasn't trying to single one out ..... I just know BEARCLAW haunts that gym /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> ....I support all the referees.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

THE OFFICIALS DO A GOOD JOB MOST OF THE TIME THE MOST INCONSISTANCY I CAN SEE IS AN OFFICIAL OUT OF POSITION OR NEAR MID COURT MAKES A CALL RIGHT UNDER THE OTHER OFFICIALS NOSE IN THE LANE AND 80% OF THESE CALLS ARE WRONG AND IT MAKES IT LOOK LIKE THE OTHER OFFICIAL SWALLOWED HIS WHISTLE AND THIS GUY MAKING THE CALLS WHISTLE HAPPY AND THESE TYPE REFS VERY SELDOM CONFER WITH THIER TEAM THEY SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING WITH. I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN REFS APPOLIGISE TO COACHES FOR THE INCONSISTANT PRACTICE OF FELLOW OFFICIALS IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS NOT THE RULE BUT HAPPENS TOO OFTEN

The biggest problem I have with refs in High School is the "out of position calls." If the refs are not in shape to keep up...go ref in a little league game.

Also, I have played college ball and one of the biggest things you have to get used to is the rougher play that the refs let slide in college. In high school, you can barely touch someone or bump someone and the ref calls a foul!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't tell me that this is to keep the players safe...that is BS.

Until they reprimand the refs for being horrible at thier job, nothing will change...they have all the power in sports. Like B. Knight said...refs are the most protected organization in the world.

The biggest problem I have with refs in High School is the "out of position calls." If the refs are not in shape to keep up...go ref in a little league game.

Also, I have played college ball and one of the biggest things you have to get used to is the rougher play that the refs let slide in college. In high school, you can barely touch someone or bump someone and the ref calls a foul!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't tell me that this is to keep the players safe...that is BS.

Until they reprimand the refs for being horrible at thier job, nothing will change...they have all the power in sports. Like B. Knight said...refs are the most protected organization in the world.

You must have missed the Ole Miss/TN game the other night.....touch fouls everywhere...

I wasn't trying to single one out ..... I just know BEARCLAW haunts that gym /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> ....I support all the referees.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Ever see the movie/play Phantom of the Opera? How about Bearclaw of the Gym? Go Grizzlies! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You must have missed the Ole Miss/TN game the other night.....touch fouls everywhere...

[ /quo

Yes i did watch the game and yes they had some cheap fouls called on them! BUT, if we east tn high school referees calling that game...everybody including the fans would have been fouled out by the 10:00 minute mark! If anybody on here that has played or practiced at the major college level...please tell me that i am correct on this...High School ref's DO NOT let the players "play" consistently enough.

The college style is different...you know that...the quality of play is better...you know that....coaches make a lot more money and have more clout in college....you know that....high school officials are requested by the state office to call more fouls...attend a state meeting and you would become more enlightened on what the states wants refs to call.....Some college officials also call high school ball, too, and that may change their style of calling from time to time...who knows...

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, it is just the way it is...With your major playing experience, maybe you need to join and association and put on the stripes...If you can't beat um, join um!!

I posted on another thread where a rival player, the center for Grace Baptist academy, at their opponents gym at CSAS fouled out where he was run into three times with his feet on the ground and his arms stretched overhead and the notable thing was that the HOME teams crowd was booing the calls and were shaking their head in disbelief. Is it incompentance or bias to call fouls on players who position themselves and play it as passively as possible short of running away from the play? The TSSAA receive the fans money on every TSSAA event and they are responsible for this ultimately. I and my buddies are going to be at all of these games between Temple and Grace and CSAS filming each referee and each call so we can try to stop the refs from being the focal point. As I followed the teams last year through the state tournaments the refs demonstrated that contact is part of the game as long as it doesnt throw the other player's balance or shot etc and that when a player takes a run at another player to sucker the ref into calls they are savvy enough to see it.

I posted on another thread where a rival player, the center for Grace Baptist academy, at their opponents gym at CSAS fouled out where he was run into three times with his feet on the ground and his arms stretched overhead and the notable thing was that the HOME teams crowd was booing the calls and were shaking their head in disbelief. Is it incompentance or bias to call fouls on players who position themselves and play it as passively as possible short of running away from the play? The TSSAA receive the fans money on every TSSAA event and they are responsible for this ultimately. I and my buddies are going to be at all of these games between Temple and Grace and CSAS filming each referee and each call so we can try to stop the refs from being the focal point. As I followed the teams last year through the state tournaments the refs demonstrated that contact is part of the game as long as it doesnt throw the other player's balance or shot etc and that when a player takes a run at another player to sucker the ref into calls they are savvy enough to see it.

You need to get a life and enjoy the game.........