Milan vs Martin Westview

hardhead

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you run up the score against a program such as Milan's? I feel like it was Milan's task to try and stop Westview, not Westview's job to start taking a knee in the third quarter. Milan has beat people by much worse scores than what they got beat last year, was they running up the score?

To say someone is running the score up on a program with a heritage like Milans is stretching things a bit. Plus, no matter how good you are, sometimes some really good coaches get soft a bit early. I know that most class programs don't want to run the score up or embarrass another program, their players and coaches but against a team that has good talent, you are taking a big chance.

This seems to be rambling but I do have a legitimate point here, I promise. It's sometimes difficult to no when to stop

If you are playing a team that is terribly inferior, you would normally have them smoked by halftime and that's different. A team like Milan is a different story.

Point in case, in a game last season between Lewis County and Moore County, we were up 41-13 with about 9 minutes left. Coach Sharp (very much a class coach) pulled the dogs off and Moore County scored two quick touchdowns on the second unit to get within 41-27. I hope this makes sense. I think some coaches do run the score up but it's not nearly, nearly as bad as I used to see many years ago.

It's just tough sometimes to get a real comfortable feeling when you are playing a team that could put 2 or 3 scores up real quick against a second unit/

Posted by donhaney:

To say someone is running the score up on a program with a heritage like Milans is stretching things a bit. Plus, no matter how good you are, sometimes some really good coaches get soft a bit early. I know that most class programs don't want to run the score up or embarrass another program, their players and coaches but against a team that has good talent, you are taking a big chance.

This seems to be rambling but I do have a legitimate point here, I promise. It's sometimes difficult to no when to stop

If you are playing a team that is terribly inferior, you would normally have them smoked by halftime and that's different. A team like Milan is a different story.

Point in case, in a game last season between Lewis County and Moore County, we were up 41-13 with about 9 minutes left. Coach Sharp (very much a class coach) pulled the dogs off and Moore County scored two quick touchdowns on the second unit to get within 41-27. I hope this makes sense. I think some coaches do run the score up but it's not nearly, nearly as bad as I used to see many years ago.

It's just tough sometimes to get a real comfortable feeling when you are playing a team that could put 2 or 3 scores up real quick against a second unit/

Good point DH, but you do not leave the 1st unit on the field until the end of the game with a 3 or 4 touchdown lead against the losing teams 2nd unit. Milan was down last year and it remains to be seen how strong they are this year. They are better and will be strong for the next few years it appears, but Milan will be remembering last year, trust me.

Posted by donhaney:

You are correct in that case. My whole ponit was using the assumption the team ahead was playing the second unit aginst the other teams starters. By the waym you have just received your first good mark with over 200 posts. I enjoy good sensable debate. Thanks and take care.

thanks DH for the mark. PS do you know Crystal I think it is. She is from Milan, but lives in Holenwald now I think. May have something to do with a tucking firm.

Over the years Milan under Coach Tucker was infamous for beating a team as badly as possible. Westview simply returned the favor. I think you should take your starters out when the game is in hand. The problem is when is that ?In a region as tough as 7aa you make sure the other team is beaten before you pull the starters. Coach Morris seems like aclassy guy as does Coach Cody . I don't think they would run up the score any more than they had to insure a victory.

This early in the season, a coach would be a fool to risk injury to his starters by leaving in the 1st team just to run-up the score.

I don't think Martin or Milan does that. They have nothing to prove. At the end of the Milan-HC game, Milan had the ball inside of HC's 5 year line, was playing the 2nd offense and let the clock run out.

Guest Generallee1865

I feel that the score will be whatever Milan wants it to be. One runningback does not make a football team for Westview. Keep in mind that this is not last years team. MIlan has alot of talent and it will show on Friday night. MILan could be the last team standing in TN.

:o:):D:D