McBee

ernieg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Skylar play any this year, but I have heard plenty about him through local media and on these message boards. Just a curious thought to throw out there...is it possible that McBee's chances of being offered by UT, Wake, etc. are being hendered by Grainger's schedule?

They have not exactly played anyone this year. Granted, I will give them full credit on victories over Knox Central and a sweep of Cocke County, though they were all by a combined six points. But outside of that...Skylar drops 44 in a win over Carter, but they lost to that same team 62-28. So really, the Carter win and performance is off-set by a bad first game against them.

Just an outside observer throwing my two cents in. I also agree that Pearl's signing of those two guards has hurt Skylar's chances. I just think there would be more talk if he could have performances like that against Greeneville, Fulton, Austin East, etc.

He scored 28 against Fulton last year in a substate game. They have beaten Cocke County twice and Cocke County has beaten Greenville twice. Fulton will not play AA games outside of their regular season district games. Skylar made his mark in the summer AAU leagues. He has played and played well against the best in the country.

I don't either and I am a HUGE fan of McBee.

McBee is maybe not quite the shooter, but watching them both play in high school often, Skylar has more of a complete game at the senior in high school level.....he plays better defense and is quicker /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

McBee is maybe not quite the shooter, but watching them both play in high school often, Skylar has more of a complete game at the senior in high school level.....he plays better defense and is quicker /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Oglesby is quicker than he appears, he is much more athletic than you would think by just looking at him. You can't compete at that level and not be a pretty dang special athlete. Have to agree though, it wouldn't be too tough to play better defense than he does. lol

I've coached Skylar and coached against Oglesby. I would pretty much agree with the last statement. Oglesby is sneaky athletic and is much stronger and quicker than he appears. Skylar at least plays defense don't know if TO can even spell defense. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've coached Skylar and coached against Oglesby. I would pretty much agree with the last statement. Oglesby is sneaky athletic and is much stronger and quicker than he appears. Skylar at least plays defense don't know if TO can even spell defense. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It will be interesting to see if Skylar, after two years in college, will put up similar numbers as O.....just depends on where he goes and how he is used...can't wait to see.....

It will be interesting to see if Skylar, after two years in college, will put up similar numbers as O.....just depends on where he goes and how he is used...can't wait to see.....

TO is pretty much 1 dimensional. He just has range that extends from Spartanburg to Savannah. I could see the numbers being similar. I just hope Skylar doesn't miss 2 dunks in a game like TO last week.

People please don't embarass yourselves and mention TO and Mcbee in the same breath. Oglesby his on epsn all the time banging 3's all the time, thats pretty proven Mcbee has yet to prove like that. I played against Mcbee when he was a freshman. We won but he dropped 30. It was early and nobody even knew who he was then. He has turned out to be very good. He cant shoot as good as Eric Coggins did, he is just a bit taller.

People please don't embarass yourselves and mention TO and Mcbee in the same breath. Oglesby his on epsn all the time banging 3's all the time, thats pretty proven Mcbee has yet to prove like that. I played against Mcbee when he was a freshman. We won but he dropped 30. It was early and nobody even knew who he was then. He has turned out to be very good. He cant shoot as good as Eric Coggins did, he is just a bit taller.

He is not a freshman now....Nobody is comparing him to O now because they are different in age and experience...McBee is 5 inches taller than when he was a frosh...stronger...different strength...please don't embarass yourself in comparing him to you when you played or what he will be doing at O's age...don't talk down to posters who have known and do know and do watch both play....Did you go play anywhere after high school? Just wondering ..... Wasps are pretty strong this year..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />