McBee

ernieg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> More physical and more muscle? Improve his defense? It's a shame you've not watched him play all season. There isn't a more physical player in the district, and he is as strong as any on the court. To score as many points as he does, and make as many assists as he does with 2, 3, and sometimes 4 players on him at once.......I would say he has all the muscle he needs to get the job done. He can "flat out play" as you have stated, but the defense and physical aspects are there. In my opinion, Pearl is saving his scholarship for a player who doesn't have the resources McBee has....hoping McBee will walk on and not cost him anything. Trouble is, it may cost him more if McBee goes to Wake. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Playing defense against high school kids in tennessee and playing defense against people in the SEC is VERY different. In the SEC ur physical game that you played in high school can look weak, your hustle from before can look like no more than a half-hearted attempt when a 6'6 210 guy with speed goes flying past you, your good defense could look no exsistent. Im not talking about Mcbee, this applies to ANY PLAYER who is making the transition to the SEC, well... actually, just college basketball as a whole.

The McBee kid can play with anyone around i have seen him play 5 times this year he will be a great addition to any school he goes to, personally i think UT should give him a full scholarship if not i hope Wake Forest does

Oh and I think Pearl is reluctant to give him a scholarship because he has 2 very good guards coming in for the 10-11 season (unless mcbee s gone for the NBA by then /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> jk). Josh Selby and Jordan McRae both whom probably have more talent than McBee, but who knows who is better, only time can tell.

Oh and I think Pearl is reluctant to give him a scholarship because he has 2 very good guards coming in for the 10-11 season (unless mcbee s gone for the NBA by then /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> jk). Josh Selby and Jordan McRae both whom probably have more talent than McBee, but who knows who is better, only time can tell.

I think that is the main reason. With McRae and Shelby coming in and two players in Hopson and Tatum who will only be sophomores this next year, I think Pearl is more concerned with trying to find some player to play the 3 and 4 position. Thats one reason he went after Kenny Hall. I think if any more scholarships open up he'll only offer it to McBee if he can't find any players that fit his system at the 3 and 4. Could be totally wrong, but that is why I think he hasn't offered yet.

I think that is the main reason. With McRae and Shelby coming in and two players in Hopson and Tatum who will only be sophomores this next year, I think Pearl is more concerned with trying to find some player to play the 3 and 4 position. Thats one reason he went after Kenny Hall. I think if any more scholarships open up he'll only offer it to McBee if he can't find any players that fit his system at the 3 and 4. Could be totally wrong, but that is why I think he hasn't offered yet.

Can anyone imagine what an ugly team UT could put on the floor next year if Chism and Tyler Smith go pro? Sure they need some bigs to replace them but a shooter like McBee would be a great addition. They wouldn't have many scorers, especially perimeter shooters, available with the players they have coming back. No player on that team has proven to be a consistent perimeter shooter/scorer. McBee is a workaloholic, a great team player, and a coaches dream with a Dane Bradshaw like attitude. I know anyone going into college will need to lift and get stronger. With one year of college weight lifting and a year of Bruce Pearl coaching, I would definitely not count Skylar McBee out of anything. For anyone who has not saw him up close...he is probably stronger than half the players on UT right now. The sky is still incredibly high for him and I believe he will only get better and bigger. I could see him getting 15-20 minutes a game next season. If Bruce makes him an offer and gives him the key to the Arena, I guarantee you the custodian will get to know him really well! He's the type of kid you love to coach because he does everything you tell him to do and more no questions asked.

McBee is a workaloholic, a great team player, and a coaches dream with a Dane Bradshaw like attitude.

I think this is a big thing lacking on the present team. No one is willing to go the extra step like Lofton, Smith, Bradshaw, and Watson were. If McBee is like them than he is ok in my book. He needs to improve on defense and like you said lift weights and get stronger. His shot could definitely be used. Hope the best for this kid.

I think this is a big thing lacking on the present team. No one is willing to go the extra step like Lofton, Smith, Bradshaw, and Watson were. If McBee is like them than he is ok in my book. He needs to improve on defense and like you said lift weights and get stronger. His shot could definitely be used. Hope the best for this kid.

There has been a lot said today about Skylar's supposed need for improvement in areas of defense and strength. Right now he is the best pick in the area for whatever college chooses him, or he chooses himself. But, let's stop and think a minute. When a new player becomes a part of a new team, he has to learn to be a part of that team. Wherever Skylar goes, he will have to learn to adapt to the team, and still retain his own personality on the court as well. I'm sure all freshmen players go on the team's diet and weight routine as soon as they become a part of the team. Regardless on who that freshman player is, he has to learn to adapt to the new surroundings and "ways" of the new team. Singling out a need for more strength or better defense are mute topics of discussion. If Pearl, Wake Forest, and the others who have given Skylar a look......and several of them have looked many times......didn't see that he already possesses the strength, defensive abilities, offensive abilities, attitude, etc. they wouldn't give him a second look. Stop wasting breath and keystrokes on things that don't matter squat right now. It doesn't matter whether anyone on here thinks he needs to improve defensively or in strength. Skylar has ALREADY proved he has these abilities in the fact that he is being actively watched and is being recruited......even by UT - just without the scholarship monies. What does matter is what the coaches recruiting him are looking at/for. Seems to me that his defensive and offensive skills, attitude, strength, etc. have already proved to be what the recruiters are looking at/for. Can't argue that one!

There has been a lot said today about Skylar's supposed need for improvement in areas of defense and strength. Right now he is the best pick in the area for whatever college chooses him, or he chooses himself. But, let's stop and think a minute. When a new player becomes a part of a new team, he has to learn to be a part of that team. Wherever Skylar goes, he will have to learn to adapt to the team, and still retain his own personality on the court as well. I'm sure all freshmen players go on the team's diet and weight routine as soon as they become a part of the team. Regardless on who that freshman player is, he has to learn to adapt to the new surroundings and "ways" of the new team. Singling out a need for more strength or better defense are mute topics of discussion. If Pearl, Wake Forest, and the others who have given Skylar a look......and several of them have looked many times......didn't see that he already possesses the strength, defensive abilities, offensive abilities, attitude, etc. they wouldn't give him a second look. Stop wasting breath and keystrokes on things that don't matter squat right now. It doesn't matter whether anyone on here thinks he needs to improve defensively or in strength. Skylar has ALREADY proved he has these abilities in the fact that he is being actively watched and is being recruited......even by UT - just without the scholarship monies. What does matter is what the coaches recruiting him are looking at/for. Seems to me that his defensive and offensive skills, attitude, strength, etc. have already proved to be what the recruiters are looking at/for. Can't argue that one!

Um.... actually, you can recruiters to look at you(more than once) if u dont have defense or if u dont have strength. Thats why they call them COACHES there were made to get you better at the areas you arent so good at. Alot of kids make it to college off of potential, even though they arent great basketball players yet.

I don't either and I am a HUGE fan of McBee.

WHO HAS MORE ELEVATION THEN OGELSBY ON HIS JUMPER?

ANSWER: NOT MANY.

BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU JUMP 10 FEET IN THE AIR IF YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR SHOTS . I HAVEN'T SEEN MCBEE PLAY BUT HE MUST BE AWFUL GOOD. BUT HE'S A TENNESSEE BOY SO I WILL BE PULLING FOR HIM WHEREVER HE GOES.

WHO ON HERE HAS SEEN JENKINS AND MCBEE PLAY? WHOS BETTER?

WHO HAS MORE ELEVATION THEN OGELSBY ON HIS JUMPER?

ANSWER: NOT MANY.

BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU JUMP 10 FEET IN THE AIR IF YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR SHOTS . I HAVEN'T SEEN MCBEE PLAY BUT HE MUST BE AWFUL GOOD. BUT HE'S A TENNESSEE BOY SO I WILL BE PULLING FOR HIM WHEREVER HE GOES.

WHO ON HERE HAS SEEN JENKINS AND MCBEE PLAY? WHOS BETTER?

Dont take this as an offense or anything.

But why do u capotlize everything?

Keyboard jam??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have not seen Skylar play any this year, but I have heard plenty about him through local media and on these message boards. Just a curious thought to throw out there...is it possible that McBee's chances of being offered by UT, Wake, etc. are being hendered by Grainger's schedule?

They have not exactly played anyone this year. Granted, I will give them full credit on victories over Knox Central and a sweep of Cocke County, though they were all by a combined six points. But outside of that...Skylar drops 44 in a win over Carter, but they lost to that same team 62-28. So really, the Carter win and performance is off-set by a bad first game against them.

Just an outside observer throwing my two cents in. I also agree that Pearl's signing of those two guards has hurt Skylar's chances. I just think there would be more talk if he could have performances like that against Greeneville, Fulton, Austin East, etc.