McBee

ernieg

He scored 28 against Fulton last year in a substate game. They have beaten Cocke County twice and Cocke County has beaten Greenville twice. Fulton will not play AA games outside of their regular season district games. Skylar made his mark in the summer AAU leagues. He has played and played well against the best in the country.

Fulton played two games each with Anderson County (AA) this season. Grainger beat AC by 10-12 in a hall of fame game. AC was missing Rorex who was the district mvp and played aau with Skyler their jr. season. Skyler's good enough to walk-on at UT and earn a scholarship his sophomore season when one comes available just like Jujuan Smith did. He is a little more polished than Jalen Steele at this point but Jalen's only a junior. Good luck to him. He's a fun kid to watch play and compete.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im telling you boys Skylar needs to wait. Tennessee WILL have a scholarship come open. Either Chism or Tyler Smith will go pro if not both of them opening up a scholarship for Skylar!

But like I was saying earlier.

They have two guards who both are probably better than him(maybe, only time will tell) coming in for the 10-11 season. So the question is... Do they NEED him? Wake would need him in a couple years more than Tennessee would need him in a couple years.

But like I was saying earlier.

They have two guards who both are probably better than him(maybe, only time will tell) coming in for the 10-11 season. So the question is... Do they NEED him? Wake would need him in a couple years more than Tennessee would need him in a couple years.

That is true. But who would Tennessee use the open scholarship on? Mabye another post player or something? Bruce wont just not use an open scholarship.

That is true. But who would Tennessee use the open scholarship on? Mabye another post player or something? Bruce wont just not use an open scholarship.

I really dont know. That would probably be the most likely decision. But getting McBee wouldn't a total bad idea either. Cause one of the guards they are getting is like top 5 or top 10 in the nation. The type of player thats probably gunna leave after one or two years.

I really dont know. That would probably be the most likely decision. But getting McBee wouldn't a total bad idea either. Cause one of the guards they are getting is like top 5 or top 10 in the nation. The type of player thats probably gunna leave after one or two years.

As of right now we have 1 scholarship open for the 09' recruiting class & we have already used that on Kenny Hall from Georgia i think he is ranked somewhere in the 50's on rivals top 150. He will something like a Tyler Smith mold but not as good as T. Smith.

But like i previously said i think Chism or T. Smith will go pro if not both of them opening up atleast 1 scholarship.

For the 10' recruiting class we have 2 scholarships open as of right now & both of those are being used on Josh Selby a guard ranked 5th in rivals top 100 for 10' & Jordan Mcrae a guard ranked in the 20's on rivals top 100 for 10'

As of right now we have 1 scholarship open for the 09' recruiting class & we have already used that on Kenny Hall from Georgia i think he is ranked somewhere in the 50's on rivals top 150. He will something like a Tyler Smith mold but not as good as T. Smith.

But like i previously said i think Chism or T. Smith will go pro if not both of them opening up atleast 1 scholarship.

For the 10' recruiting class we have 2 scholarships open as of right now & both of those are being used on Josh Selby a guard ranked 5th in rivals top 100 for 10' & Jordan Mcrae a guard ranked in the 20's on rivals top 100 for 10'

I think he goes to Wake.....you all make good points....

Best of luck to Skylar! Seen him play this Summer and he's definately a very good player!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I'll have to say it is refreshing and good to hear all the positive comments and best wishes to a top notch young man on and off the court. There are a few who let jealousy come out and want to be critical for no reason other than Skylar is an excellent player. We need to be supportive of all our young athletes throughout the district/region and be supportive of them. Compete on the court, play the game, shake and accept the loss/enjoy the win. It's a game.

We lack a true 4 position player when Chism and Smith leave. Pearl is set on playing Negedu/ Williams at the 5, and Woolridge is too slow and weak to play the 4. He's big enough, but he lacks the skill set in my opinion. Kenny Hall should help out some, but I think Pearl is going to try and go after a top player to fill that spot. Just my view on it.

We lack a true 4 position player when Chism and Smith leave. Pearl is set on playing Negedu/ Williams at the 5, and Woolridge is too slow and weak to play the 4. He's big enough, but he lacks the skill set in my opinion. Kenny Hall should help out some, but I think Pearl is going to try and go after a top player to fill that spot. Just my view on it.

Dont forget we still have Phillip Jurrick on the bench. He is a kid from Chattanooga, he was ranked in the Rivals top 100 last year. We have redshirted him thats why he hasnt seen the court so far this year.

He is 6'11 & is a great defensive presence in the paint, he will block alot of shots. But his offense is suspect thats why Pearl redshirted him, atleast thats what i heard.

Next year i could see our lineup being:

1. Maze/ ( or maybe Daniel West, he stayed on campus & school to bring his grades up, & he will be able to play next year. Some people have said he is better than Maze )

2. Hopson

3. Prince

4. Negedu

5. Jurrick