District 14 A Tournament

TAllen

What were the rumors that you heard?

I was not at the game and had rather not say because like i said they were rumors....And unless i see it myself i'd rather not get on here saying something that i had heard...Its not fair or right...And if its not true then its just spreading rumors....Not fair to either teams.... I was just wandering if anyone was there to see the game...that's all... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gleason beat Lake County, Gleason made it a half court game and slowed Lake County's running game down. Lake County never got into their game. Lake County settled for three pointers and didnt shoot well. It was a typical Gleason game, well disciplined and good defense. The only bad news for Gleason is they are in Bradfords side of the bracket so they must beat Bradford to advance, not good.

Bradford looked really good and played very well. I will not pick against Bradford anymore this year. I have not given Jasmine Morgan enough credit this year, she may be Bradford's best player. Even though Bradford had three players to foul out, they still finished strong. As for Humboldt, they very well could meet Bradford again in the region finals. My only concern for Bradford is if they get some referees that call tickytac fouls, Bradford could be in trouble because Bradford does foul alot.

I think both teams, Bradford and Humboldt will be in Murfreesboro.

greenfieldfan---i agree with you on the physical play catching up with them..one day there will be some girls just a little bit bigger who can't be pushed around.....do you know what happened with the dresden game the other night....i've heard rumors but nothing concrete...just was wandering... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good Luck to ALL the Teams Saturday... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> .

if you are referring to the dresden/bradford 1st round game, i was there and there was no controversy or anything crazy that happened. unless you are gonna say what u heard happened don't bring it up.

Gleason beat Lake County, Gleason made it a half court game and slowed Lake County's running game down. Lake County never got into their game. Lake County settled for three pointers and didnt shoot well. It was a typical Gleason game, well disciplined and good defense. The only bad news for Gleason is they are in Bradfords side of the bracket so they must beat Bradford to advance, not good.

Bradford looked really good and played very well. I will not pick against Bradford anymore this year. I have not given Jasmine Morgan enough credit this year, she may be Bradford's best player. Even though Bradford had three players to foul out, they still finished strong. As for Humboldt, they very well could meet Bradford again in the region finals. My only concern for Bradford is if they get some referees that call tickytac fouls, Bradford could be in trouble because Bradford does foul alot.

Lake Co didn't make a field goal in the second half until there were 48 seconds in the game..Then Lake Co fouled and came down and hit two more..If Lake co hadn't had to foul..doubt very seriously if they would have made a field goal..no layups or outside shots or anything..Gleason always seemed to be a step ahead..I still like Lake Co's chances..I think they match up better with Humboldt..I'm also wondering why Coach Johnson didn't start his regular starters..He started April Mendez ,a freshman..and didn't play one of the starters,Tereda Abbot until the 3rd quarter..He played Mendez a pretty good bit and usually she has 3 or 4 more girls come off the bench before her.. He also played the other two short black girls ,#24 and #31 I believe,over the other two girls that are usually the first two off the bench.I agree with you about Bradford..Molly was on her game..Not sure she can shoot any better..but I guess it's Jordan you're referring to..#25..she's very good..I like the big girl down low..Oliver also..I may have been underestimating Bradford..Tubbs and the other white girl are good players also..I believe the white girl is a sophomore..Bradford will have a good team next year from what I noticed..Molly will be back,the white girl ,I believe #20 that's a sophomore..The Street girl..I believe is #15 will be a lot better..Not sure about Tubbs and Oliver..But they had another white girl down low,Bratton, that made some big baskets..Like you said..it could depend if the Memphis officials let Bradford lean on the other teams players and pick up cheap fouls!

if you are referring to the dresden/bradford 1st round game, i was there and there was no controversy or anything crazy that happened. unless you are gonna say what u heard happened don't bring it up.

I think i made myself clear the last post i made...I asked someone a specific question...and they could not say anything about it so i said i was not going to say anything more...And i will bring up anything i like...When ever i like.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I agree with you. It sounds like this person was looking for someone to help undermine what happened on the court. I could be wrong, but that is what it seemed like. I believe this poster also replies that they can bring up whatever they like whenever they like. That is true. We can also question it, and say that it sounds like someone that is looking for a way to discredit what another team has done. Maybe that is not true, but that is what it looks like.

Lake Co didn't make a field goal in the second half until there were 48 seconds in the game..Then Lake Co fouled and came down and hit two more..If Lake co hadn't had to foul..doubt very seriously if they would have made a field goal..no layups or outside shots or anything..Gleason always seemed to be a step ahead..I still like Lake Co's chances..I think they match up better with Humboldt..I'm also wondering why Coach Johnson didn't start his regular starters..He started April Mendez ,a freshman..and didn't play one of the starters,Tereda Abbot until the 3rd quarter..He played Mendez a pretty good bit and usually she has 3 or 4 more girls come off the bench before her.. He also played the other two short black girls ,#24 and #31 I believe,over the other two girls that are usually the first two off the bench.I agree with you about Bradford..Molly was on her game..Not sure she can shoot any better..but I guess it's Jordan you're referring to..#25..she's very good..I like the big girl down low..Oliver also..I may have been underestimating Bradford..Tubbs and the other white girl are good players also..I believe the white girl is a sophomore..Bradford will have a good team next year from what I noticed..Molly will be back,the white girl ,I believe #20 that's a sophomore..The Street girl..I believe is #15 will be a lot better..Not sure about Tubbs and Oliver..But they had another white girl down low,Bratton, that made some big baskets..Like you said..it could depend if the Memphis officials let Bradford lean on the other teams players and pick up cheap fouls!

#20 is combs

#20 is combs

I think Sarah Combs #20, the tall white sophomore has been recovering from a serious ankle injury all season, but we should see more from her as time goes on. Molly Wallsmith, Jasmine Morgan, Sarah Combs, Kelsey Bratton and Jackilann Street are going to be tough again next year. Bradford has had a deep bench and it has been to their advantage with as many fouls as they acquire. I hope tournaments continue to go in their favor. The referees seem to be hard on Bradford girls. Erica and Brianna have worked very hard this year and they will be greatly missed. Hopefully they will have a celebration at the end of their season! Good luck Lady Devils! All the way to State!

I think Sarah Combs #20, the tall white sophomore has been recovering from a serious ankle injury all season, but we should see more from her as time goes on. Molly Wallsmith, Jasmine Morgan, Sarah Combs, Kelsey Bratton and Jackilann Street are going to be tough again next year. Bradford has had a deep bench and it has been to their advantage with as many fouls as they acquire. I hope tournaments continue to go in their favor. The referees seem to be hard on Bradford girls. Erica and Brianna have worked very hard this year and they will be greatly missed. Hopefully they will have a celebration at the end of their season! Good luck Lady Devils! All the way to State!

Combs is going to be a good player..Already is..The one girl that I don't think get enough credit is Jasmine Morgan..It will hurt to lose the big girls down low but with all that bunch coming back,looks like the district next year is going to be full of talented fast players..Should be great with Greenfield having everyone back and Lake Co having a young team with T.T.Flowers and Carnation Hart..Not sure how many Gleason and Humboldt have returning..!

Combs is going to be a good player..Already is..The one girl that I don't think get enough credit is Jasmine Morgan..It will hurt to lose the big girls down low but with all that bunch coming back,looks like the district next year is going to be full of talented fast players..Should be great with Greenfield having everyone back and Lake Co having a young team with T.T.Flowers and Carnation Hart..Not sure how many Gleason and Humboldt have returning..!

Gleason loses one senior (Maggie Lowrance).

What?????? Is your love affair with Gleason over with???

I will take Gleason girls to pull the upset in a low scoring game, maybe in the 20s....and don't be shocked if Lake Co beats Humboldt also...