2009 Rockwood Tigers

goodgooglywoogly

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Folks down here at Lookout Valley hope our brothers at Rockwood have a Great year in 2009!!!!

Us down here in Rockwood wish Lookout Valley the best of luck also. Can't wait to get down there for the tourney and get some of that amazing food.

Does anybody have anything on the Humphreys kid that transferred into rockwood this year, all i've heard is he is an outstanding hitter but i have not seen him play?

With the Humphrey's kid don't know for a fact but I heard he got in trouble in a couple of his classes with multiple teachers and was dismissed from the team.

Being a Greenback guy, I hate to admit it, but Harriman will win this district. As for Second it's up for grabs in my opinion between Grace and Greenback. Just because ya never know about Grace? I just dont think Rockwood can get enough help for the Skidmore kid. Losing Eight Starters that have started for two-three years is hard to replace. Harriman did lose Aj and Damien and I see that beeing two huge losses for them. So I'm giving the Region edge to the Bulldogs from Wartburg.

Us down here in Rockwood wish Lookout Valley the best of luck also. Can't wait to get down there for the tourney and get some of that amazing food.

With the Humphrey's kid don't know for a fact but I heard he got in trouble in a couple of his classes with multiple teachers and was dismissed from the team.

Wow I had heard he was a good kid.. Guess not!!!

• 2 weeks later...

the new coach (rockwood) is legit. he is very discipline which is something past rockwood teams have lacked. had he been here a year or two earlier helping with cofer, rockwood might have won the state. ive been down out the complex this year and he has them working hard. Skidmore is the leader of that team. they will go as he goes. true Rockwood graduated almost everyone last year, but they were left with ok to solid talent. nothing like last year, but they do have talent. i think if everything falls their way and they work hard, they can finish top two in district move on to region, win the first game, and boom.. right back in the substate. but we will see how that plays out. Coach Witter will have them ready.. good luck tigers.

The tigers had a scrimmage tonight against Knox Christian and they won 10-4. They were a little rocky at the bat at first considering this was the first live pitching they have seen this year, any team would be a little rocky. But they started getting the bats going and started putting some runs on the board. As for their D, they looked pretty good for the first time on the field. The pitching rotation looked really good for them tonight also, I believe they let all 6 pitchers throw other than the Beasley kid cause he was having some problems with his hip. They also have 2 other pitchers coming from the basketball team after their season. But overall Good Job!

• 2 weeks later...