Riverdale HAMMERED!

JaMMin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is really a joke to see Ronnie Carter quoted as saying that we can't treat middle school kids like high school seniors, which in itself is a great statement and I'm ok with that. But when private schools are allowed to invite middle school kids to miss a day of school to come tour their building and then include an all-events pass good for any athletic event, and not all middle school kids seem to end up getting these glossy, color, invitation packets in the mail, only good athletes, that is what makes his statements a joke. At least Riverdale was offering pizza and a coke and not having kids miss a day of school to come over and take a tour! It's really ridiculous that a public school would get "hammered" like this, when so many even shadier things are reported to the TSSAA and nothing is done. And then for him to throw out there that inviting a kid that is zoned for your school who may have parents teaching at MTCS or somewhere else is a violation that is ridiculous. What is also ridiculous is that MTCS can invite any kid from all over Rutherford county to miss a day of school and get into events for free as long as they say they want the kid as much for being a good student as they do a basketball player they can get away with it. You must be able to make connections with your middle school programs, that is how you develop pride and a sense of community. Is it a violation for Davidson Academy to invite their middle school baseball team to a high school game even if there are kids zoned for Hunter's Lane on Davidson's middle school team. No it's not. But it is a violation if Hunter's Lane invites a middle school feeder team to their varsity baseball game if all the kids aren't zoned for Hunter's Lane. Hopefully I've made my point that it is ridiculous to ask a high school program to not invite the whole team of the middle school that primarily feeds them to attend events like this when private schools are allowed to swoop in like vultures and pick and choose which kids to treat like high school seniors!

I'll assume that you are implying that more has gone on.

You are absolutely correct! Do you really believe the 2 Independence players Maxwell brought with her are on the up and up? One of them was believed to be living with CM. However, evidently the TSSAA looked over this little tid bit of information. Also, the 2 Indy transfers spent the night at the Sleep Inn hotel here in Murfreesboro with Coach Maxwell BEFORE they were enrolled to attend Riverdale. This is in violation of the codicile which states that the head coach shall not have any contact with said transfers before they are enrolled in their new school.

CM has also been seen taking one of the Indy transfers to many if not all of the MTSU lady raider basketball home games. This violates Rutherford County School policies. When a teacher drives a student ANYWHERE, this presents a huge liability issue for the Rutherford County School system. Any time a coach shows such blatant favoratism to one "special" player, it can't help but begin a rift between existing team members. This type of behavior is indicative of poor decision making on behalf of the coach. Wouldn't you agree?

Well they have ruled and it done. Riverdale is lucky they did not get ban from post season with the info above but if that was the case they would have gotten ban from post season. So it must not have happen or TSSAA could not find any truth to this info.

Good Luck Riverdale. They could make a lot of noise in the tournament since all this is done.

Well they have ruled and it done. Riverdale is lucky they did not get ban from post season with the info above but if that was the case they would have gotten ban from post season. So it must not have happen or TSSAA could not find any truth to this info.

Good Luck Riverdale. They could make a lot of noise in the tournament since all this is done.

If you would like to see a copy of the hotel confirmation, I would be glad to send it to you. Just need to send me an email address at your earliest convenience. I will be happy to provide you with a full report.

Just because Mr. Carter didn't rule on these facts, they still took place. You're right, I too hate it for the girls who didn't ask for this mess. It's going to be pretty tough for them to get focused in tourney play.

well i hope some people are happy...AMAZING how a letter sent out with the statement of all students in stead of zoned students has resulted in these actions...but thats ok we are RIVERDALE and we will bounce back from this...the sad part is...the only people this really hurts are the kids who do not start or play alot...summer and spring practices is where those kids have a chance to really show the coach what she can do and now they have lost that opportunity...I hope that the powers that be that brought all this on are pleased...and i guess we have now opened a can of worms in this county that many hasnt opened before so for those throwing stones watch out because the glass house is about to be open

What was the purpose of the event?

Just to show future LADY WARRIORS the facilities kinda like an open house

well i hope some people are happy...AMAZING how a letter sent out with the statement of all students in stead of zoned students has resulted in these actions...but thats ok we are RIVERDALE and we will bounce back from this...the sad part is...the only people this really hurts are the kids who do not start or play alot...summer and spring practices is where those kids have a chance to really show the coach what she can do and now they have lost that opportunity...I hope that the powers that be that brought all this on are pleased...and i guess we have now opened a can of worms in this county that many hasnt opened before so for those throwing stones watch out because the glass house is about to be open

Just to show future LADY WARRIORS the facilities kinda like an open house

Although you make a very good point... I have to say its not fair for the other players at area high schools that ARE following the rules. It is unfortunate that the "original" Riverdale players are paying for the mistakes of their new leader.