AA District 1

kingsportfan

Unless you are priviledged to know the workout habits of everyone in your district, I'd be careful with such statements. I don't think you want to strap that giant Bullseye on your back just yet.

Elizabethton is going to have one heck of a football team this year. They will have about 8 killer linemen. 2 great quarterbacks. countless amazing recievers. No one stands a chance. They have outworked everyone in the state, and if they keep on going at their pace the Elizabethton cyclone will come home with a state championship ring.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton is going to have one heck of a football team this year. They will have about 8 killer linemen. 2 great quarterbacks. countless amazing recievers. No one stands a chance. They have outworked everyone in the state, and if they keep on going at their pace the Elizabethton cyclone will come home with a state championship ring.

Wow, those are some big words from a 5-6 team last year. Yes, Besty should be better, but a state championship? There is the little school outside of Knoxville called Alcoa, that is pretty darn good. You say, "They should have 8 killer linemen". Where were those boys last year? We know they got athletes, but last year their defensive/offensive lines were horrible!!!

I am just wondering how much talent is returning for the 2009 season. The only 4A team is Sullivan East, and the 3A teams are Johnson County, Unicoi County, Happy Valley, Elizabethton, and Sullivan North. So, lets talk about it! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From what I've heard Elizabethton is a real contender this year. Only lost 8 players from last years playoff team. After the drop of class I hear all kinds of hype about a possible State Championship run.

From what I've heard Elizabethton is a real contender this year. Only lost 8 players from last years playoff team. After the drop of class I hear all kinds of hype about a possible State Championship run.

I would congrat them if they do, but they were a long ways away from it last year. Plus, Alcoa is the king of mountain, until someone knocks them off of it.

I would congrat them if they do, but they were a long ways away from it last year. Plus, Alcoa is the king of mountain, until someone knocks them off of it.

Betsy loves playin the roll of the underdog. The boys are working out everyday. Running, Lifting Weights, whatever they feel they gotta do to come out and contend. The line is supposedly the weak point. Yes, loosing 6'5 320pd Dexter Price on the OL, Shaun Carter on the DL, & Zach Coggins on both sides of the ball is going to hurt. The line will improve though. I really think Betsy has enough raw tallent with playmakers like Forbes at RB, Thomas at QB, & especially Hodge at WR to get the job done. The toughest tests for Betsy in the regular season will bc Greenville & CAK out of Knoxville.

Betsy loves playin the roll of the underdog. The boys are working out everyday. Running, Lifting Weights, whatever they feel they gotta do to come out and contend. The line is supposedly the weak point. Yes, loosing 6'5 320pd Dexter Price on the OL, Shaun Carter on the DL, & Zach Coggins on both sides of the ball is going to hurt. The line will improve though. I really think Betsy has enough raw tallent with playmakers like Forbes at RB, Thomas at QB, & especially Hodge at WR to get the job done. The toughest tests for Betsy in the regular season will bc Greenville & CAK out of Knoxville.

You can't play the role of the underdog if you're calling a state title run, Clone. You also can't play the role of the underdog if everyone in the conference knows you have serious weapons. Then again, you had that same firepower last year. It should be a great, and I mean GREAT, year for football in upper East Tennessee. Keep us posted on how spring practice goes as it fires up please 'Clonefan'! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

this should be a great year for elizabethton. it will be the coaches 3rd year so being new is no longer an excuse. the senior class is a proven group since they were in elementary school. they have nothing to prove at this point. it will be interesting to see how things work out.

You can't play the role of the underdog if you're calling a state title run, Clone. You also can't play the role of the underdog if everyone in the conference knows you have serious weapons. Then again, you had that same firepower last year. It should be a great, and I mean GREAT, year for football in upper East Tennessee. Keep us posted on how spring practice goes as it fires up please 'Clonefan'! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, Betsy does have all the weapons & the playmakers are gonna be key. Betsy is gonna come out firing on all cylinders. Fast, hard nosed football. The line was so so last yr, i wouldnt say horrible, but should be in good shape this yr. The return of all the skill kids is what im looking forward to.

Yes, Betsy does have all the weapons & the playmakers are gonna be key. Betsy is gonna come out firing on all cylinders. Fast, hard nosed football. The line was so so last yr, i wouldnt say horrible, but should be in good shape this yr. The return of all the skill kids is what im looking forward to.

what is better as far the line is concerned? one is just getting cleared to practice and another big guy isn't playing with dexter price and coggins graduated it seems they will be more suspect.

what is better as far the line is concerned? one is just getting cleared to practice and another big guy isn't playing with dexter price and coggins graduated it seems they will be more suspect.

It looks as if Matt Smith as a sophmore will be the biggest. hes about 6 '4 or 5' id say around the 250 pound mark. then you've got the Whitlock boy coming back from knee surgery, Kelly, Febuary coming back from shoulder surgery, & Whitehead moving to center this year

• 2 weeks later...