• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girls - D1/AAA

Score Update!

#7 Sullivan South - 44

#2 Dobyns Bennett - 39

Final.

/ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> WOW! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

wouldn't have thunk it.

That makes it interesting. Conventional wisdom would have Tennessee High and Sullivan Central in the championship. But It could get very exciting in both games. Don't think South can pull it off twice, but nobody thought they could pull it off the first time, either. TN High vs. SH will be speed vs. speed. Depending on who wins, the championship could be verrrrrrry interesting!

Any thoughts on the semi-final match ups?

I'm surprised a DB fan is still interested.

Seriously, South matches up fairly well with Central. It will probably come down to who makes their 3's. And FT's. TN High and Science Hill is also a good match. Think TN High is a better match for South so pulling for them, but SH wins in an upset.

Back to the upset. South played poorly. DB played worse. Now the IMAC posters think they can pull the regional sweep.

I'm surprised a DB fan is still interested.

Seriously, South matches up fairly well with Central. It will probably come down to who makes their 3's. And FT's. TN High and Science Hill is also a good match. Think TN High is a better match for South so pulling for them, but SH wins in an upset.

Back to the upset. South played poorly. DB played worse. Now the IMAC posters think they can pull the regional sweep.

I don't think we are thinking sweep, but the road for our # 3 seed looks like it got easier...

South and Central split the regular season match-ups. I'm going to pull for South to reach the finals and face TN High. The law of averages finally leaned on South's side against D-B after leaning away from them several times this year. Let the Cinderella story continue....

I'm pulling for Central, for a couple of reasons. First, the Moody girl is fun to watch, and secondly, because a long, long time ago i graduated from Central, (and back then, there was no South).

Good Luck, Lady Cougars! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm pulling for Central, for a couple of reasons. First, the Moody girl is fun to watch, and secondly, because a long, long time ago i graduated from Central, (and back then, there was no South).

Good Luck, Lady Cougars! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There are two groups of state sectional teams on South's squad. Granted they are Sophs and Frosh but they remember how to handle pressure. I wouldn't write them off as a one trick pony. They played Central tough this year and lost to THS twice by 2 and 3 in overtime. They have skills. It's all about coaching. They have some of the fastest perimeter defenders in the league. Experience should rule but intestinal fortitude always plays a trump card. It won't be a boring game. Rebel Nation

South has always had plenty of talent. Before this current crop of youngsters, they had Pickwell and Williams. Yet, they have had little success, even in the conference. The conference itself has also had almost no success past the District for years. The IMAC road block has been nearly complete.

Coaching is everything in every situation...period.