Indy Football Coach

DrJ

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No there is no truth to this. Coach Eubanks is fine. Dr. Campbell realizes how many seniors were lost the year before. Indy will rebound in 09 bank on it.

I think you're wrong. Jason came to Indy with his table set, any coach would have loved to have the group of kids to start a coaching career at a school. The fact he did nothing to improve his program over the last year is probably going to come back to haunt him. Another black eye is how many coaches are leaving his program. He is now only left with 3 coaches. You usually have a couple leave in certain years, but he has lost everyone except 3. That's a sign of a program going nowhere and the head coach is the one responsible. The writing may be on the wall for Coach Eubanks. Dr. Campbell will not tolerate programs going the wrong direction. He's the one who built such a strong athletic program at FHS.

I think you're wrong. Jason came to Indy with his table set, any coach would have loved to have the group of kids to start a coaching career at a school. The fact he did nothing to improve his program over the last year is probably going to come back to haunt him. Another black eye is how many coaches are leaving his program. He is now only left with 3 coaches. You usually have a couple leave in certain years, but he has lost everyone except 3. That's a sign of a program going nowhere and the head coach is the one responsible. The writing may be on the wall for Coach Eubanks. Dr. Campbell will not tolerate programs going the wrong direction. He's the one who built such a strong athletic program at FHS.

Why ask questions if you already have your mind set. Coach Eubanks has been assured his job for the upcoming season. So he is not going anywhere. Please if you are going to start nasty rumors head over to Fairview, there are plenty of whackos out there.

What is their schedule like next year? Maybe Independence can have some winable games and straighten things back out. Their district will be tough, but what about the non-district games?

Listen Eubanks has only coached in the high school level for 4 years, he is a very young coach and i dont think Dr. Campbell is gonna fire him after one bad year. But he could sort of be on the hot seat if he cant have an above average sesason next year, and yes really tough schedule with two state champions (@Hillsboro and Oakland) and one runner up (Franklin).

What is their schedule like next year? Maybe Independence can have some winable games and straighten things back out. Their district will be tough, but what about the non-district games?

Oh and also Indy plays MBA, on sept. 11 i think, and Okland will still be tough even though they lost those two great running backs that destroyed franklin's D. But other than that Indy plays Siegel, LaVerne, and Columbia for the other non-district games.

It seems like at Indy no ones job is safe. Smith left because he knew the writing was on the wall that at some point it was Eubanks job. Eubanks has done well but has he done well enough? All you have to do is look at how the basketball coach was let go of his duties. He did well too and he was fired.

Coach Eubanks is going to stay coach...last years mediocre season was not because of coaching it was because of players...from what i heard the only SENIOR that did work hard was thomas berry...they had a group of seniors who just didnt work hard or lead the team......end of story...

BUT...

From what i hear about this seasons senior class they are working 100x harder than the team of last year and have noticed the mistakes from last year...yes coaches can be held responsible, but it is the players who step on the field... this years class knows that, and has stepped up the intensity...as i've heard them say before...they have something to prove.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like at Indy no ones job is safe. Smith left because he knew the writing was on the wall that at some point it was Eubanks job. Eubanks has done well but has he done well enough? All you have to do is look at how the basketball coach was let go of his duties. He did well too and he was fired.

Good comparison..... Not. Coach Jones (B-Ball coach) never won in the postseason, Eubanks record in the postseason is 4-1. Now even though just this past year Indy didnt make the playoffs, that doesnt your under fire. Eubanks learned a whole lot from 08 a quite possibly might run a new styled offense then the past year, a lot more I-Form plays. This up and coming season Eubanks will have just as many seniors (and maybe even more) as he did in 07. If Indy doesnt do good next season, good meaning going deep in playoffs, then he'll be under fire like Coach Jones, kinda hard to go 0-3 in postseason and say he did a good job.

A measure a great coach is doing great with lots of talent, or with not so good talent.

Smith left because he failed to make the playoffs (which would have been considered successful by the standards set) and from some internal pressure. If Smith made a run the year before they were runner-ups then you can bet he's still the Indy coach today.

Coach Eubanks is going to stay coach...last years mediocre season was not because of coaching it was because of players...from what i heard the only SENIOR that did work hard was thomas berry...they had a group of seniors who just didnt work hard or lead the team......end of story...

BUT...

From what i hear about this seasons senior class they are working 100x harder than the team of last year and have noticed the mistakes from last year...yes coaches can be held responsible, but it is the players who step on the field... this years class knows that, and has stepped up the intensity...as i've heard them say before...they have something to prove.

As I said on another post, do you even know any of these players? Yes, Thomas Berry worked hard (always has) but so did Tk Holmes, Taylor Dixon, Nick Smith, Taylor Adams, Josh Baily, Terrone Sheppard....Are you saying these guys who have played together since middle school (and as freshmen 3 games a week) didn't work hard? Or could it just have been the narrow mindedness of the unchanging transparent game plan that led to last years meltdown? Wake up already before it's too late and remind someone that one of the best things a coach can do is listen.