player69

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caligula
Posted by bbinthehole:
Posted by HighHeater21:

Nobodys going to stop clinton this year and especially not OakRidge sorry but we got the best player to come out of there since Porter and thats Geoffrey Lee and u all know u get scared at the thought of playing Clinton. Im thinking that a maryville clinton matchup is what would prove clinton...

It will have to wait until the Region finals. Maryville was on the regular-season schedule but chickened out.

If you think OR is embarassed by losing to AC last Friday in FB, just wait until they get stomped on by Clinton this year. This will happen at least two times, but unless OR is better than I think, Clinton may never see them again. This will happen with Lee or not.

This is the second time some Buckethead from Cliton said some crap like that. Maryville did not chicken out. If they are gonna play St Vincent St Mary (Lebron James) then I don't think they would be scared of Clinton. Bearden Farragut, they can beat you all.

Guest bbinthehole
Posted by caligula:
Posted by bbinthehole:
Posted by HighHeater21:

Nobodys going to stop clinton this year and especially not OakRidge sorry but we got the best player to come out of there since Porter and thats Geoffrey Lee and u all know u get scared at the thought of playing Clinton. Im thinking that a maryville clinton matchup is what would prove clinton...

It will have to wait until the Region finals. Maryville was on the regular-season schedule but chickened out.

If you think OR is embarassed by losing to AC last Friday in FB, just wait until they get stomped on by Clinton this year. This will happen at least two times, but unless OR is better than I think, Clinton may never see them again. This will happen with Lee or not.

This is the second time some Buckethead from Cliton said some crap like that. Maryville did not chicken out. If they are gonna play St Vincent St Mary (Lebron James) then I don't think they would be scared of Clinton. Bearden Farragut, they can beat you all.

Excuses, excuses... Give them a call then since you can't play that game...chicken ?

Its funny how i talked to the coach about playing maryville and it seems that Maryville's coach will not call coach Lockard back. Is he scared or is he just waiting to get beat in the region? I dont know but if i was the Maryville coach i wouldnt play clinton because i wouldnt want to get stomped either

So many of you are forgetting Bearden. Coach Blevins will have his teams better prepared than anyone else. Best Coach in the region! Maryville fan one great player does not make for a great team. Also you still have Coach Nelson on the sideline Maryville has underachieved every since he has been there. The only good thing about him is he played for a great Coach in George Pitts, obviously nothing rubbed off. Clinton get over it. Again great talent doesn't make for a great team. I also understand that some of the players you speak of have a troubled past, who knows they may not be playing in Jan. Clinton is still Clinton and they will choke when it gets nut cutting time just like last year. O.R. Coach Carringer showed his loyality to his assistant which is admirable, but when O.R. hires an unproven assistant that should be a concerned. And by the way O.R. has been mediocore at best the past 10 or so years under Carringer. Expect more of the same this year. Bearden on the other hand has been the class of the region over the past 10 years. Great coaching, good players, and great class. Until someone proves otherwise on the court, Bearden is the best. Maryville don't tell me about the regular season victories although a job well done. When you were in the pressure cooker at tournament time you took the gas. A great player and a mediocore coach could not lead you to the promise land. Go Dogs!

:):):):D

Guest bbinthehole

I consider that little game at Bearden last Spring, on their home court, with their refs, without all their players not a representative test.

A better test was at the UT-C camp, on the 4th game of the day, at 9pm, going head-2-head with SH. Even with the refs obviously intimidated by the SH coaching staff, with a bench a mile deep, Clinton ends up on the down side by 4.

Perhaps Bearden in the region...

I was at that game and the performance that I saw from Clinton was not region worthy. They may have won the district and had a great season, but that's where it ends. They didn't play to the level that was needed and they got beat. The farther you go, the harder you have to play and they didn't meet up to the expectations. Plain and simple. Maybe this year will be different, but I wasn't impressed by the Dragons last year.

I would just like to say that I was at the Clinton/WB game and you guys did not get jipped by the refs. Your players were classless to say the least when you finally found out that you could NOT win. So, please dont be a child and blame the loss on the refs. Grow up!

Guest caligula

Me and Jdub never agree with anything, but I agree with him on that. Since we got beat I went and watched willy b and you all didn't screwed. That is what I wanted to say when we lost to em, but it turns out, that box n 1 got us. What is with you dragons. You talk a lot of crap about us, what the heck for. Maryville is not scare why don't you answer my question that I have been asking for so long. IF we were scared why would we schedule a game against Mr. James. And we have more than Lee. He is a star, but Carl, Drew, Jacob, and Tyler are all good players too.

There is no doubt that Clinton should be loaded this year if they can get all their players on the court. However, if I'm not mistaken weren't the Dragons talking this same kind of smack this time last year, and the year before. They are very good at talking, but will see if they make it out of the region. Like I said they SHOULD be loaded this year, but aren't they always loaded? Does anyone remember a few years ago with Dye(Wagner), Shepherd(D-1 bust), Morris(Pitt), Goins(LMU) and others. How could that team not make it out of the region? By the way, hasn't Clinton lost three out of the last four games to AA Anderson County? I thought you owned those guys? Talk's cheap Dragons, but I'm sure you'll keep talking......

Guest bbinthehole
Posted by fishy:

There is no doubt that Clinton should be loaded this year if they can get all their players on the court. However, if I'm not mistaken weren't the Dragons talking this same kind of smack this time last year, and the year before. They are very good at talking, but will see if they make it out of the region. Like I said they SHOULD be loaded this year, but aren't they always loaded? Does anyone remember a few years ago with Dye(Wagner), Shepherd(D-1 bust), Morris(Pitt), Goins(LMU) and others. How could that team not make it out of the region? By the way, hasn't Clinton lost three out of the last four games to AA Anderson County? I thought you owned those guys? Talk's cheap Dragons, but I'm sure you'll keep talking......

You have some good points. However, anyone who witnessed the District and Region finals that year between OR and Clinton knows exactly what happened. Particularly the District final played at Campbell County was the ugliest game I have ever witnessed. Who could ever forget when Shepard takes it to the hold, Halston Lane cuts his legs out from under him, Shepard hits the floor teeth first and the call was a charge with blood all over the court. There is no love lost between Clinton and OR as the football game tonight is an example of...