Clarksville coach

Indian

Cobrakid,

How do you know Coach Jordan hasn't brought up the issue of using refs who were not from the regions of the two competing teams before? Maybe you should check into that before you make that statement. I realize you maybe from Tennessee but since you have since left the state maybe you shouldn't make assumptions about what is going on. You do not know what Coach Jordan has voiced and what he hasn't.

Also how are all the fans a few feet away when they are all up running around making sure the tournament everybody else is enjoying runs smoothly? Trust me they don't get to see as much of the wrestling as you might think.

Also as you said, Chattanooga teams have taken home most of the medals. Clarksville has only one the State Duals once which was in 2000. They have been runner up twice and one of those was in another gym (Overton). Some home field advantage there.

Everybody got what they wanted. The Duals moved out of Clarksville but you're still complaining. Why don't you worry about something of higher consequence to society, such has the economic recession we are in and leave the CHS coaching staff alone.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobrakid

If you are who I think you are, your dad is a great ref and I would understand why you would take this to heart. You must first read carefully and read everything that is posted to get the full picture. Jordan never called out a ref; if he called anyone out it would have been Parker. He has for several years asked for neutral refs, but has been turned down at every avenue. He felt there was no other way to bring this out and have the situation fixed. CB being out of town you would not know that Jeff sent a letter to the Refs across the state where he did explain his reasons and that he did not attack them as many have implied, that he had the up most respect for them.

I was asked in earlier posts was this past tournament the straw that broke the camels back. The answer is yes. The coaches were thinking CHS would host one more year after 2008. I have wanted to get hand it off for the past 3 years. But after things were pointed out that it may not have been a level playing field the decision to end it this year was easy. I have seen the duals as just the opposite for us. While most teams are arriving at their hotels my guys are hauling and setting up mats. While schools from all over the state are practicing cutting weight my guys are sitting in school turning in home work and taking tests. On Monday while everyone else across the state is practicing for regional and holding final challenge matches my guys are busy loading and delivering borrowed mats. So yes I can't wait to drive across the state and sleep in a hotel and wrestle on someone else??™s magical mat as ours has been referred to.

I hope this clears everything up for everyone. If you have anymore questions just ask.

Sharrock

I understand that Coach Sharrock. I really do not understand though the thoughts of having a ref from another area doing the state duals match with a team from their area. The state duals should have the BEST ref's available and the BEST ref's should do whatever matches come up for them to do. It is a rolling thing with who gets what matches that way each ref is used the most equal amount as possible. It is not like they do rock, paper for each match. So to me using the best ref's possible and them being assigned match numbers before the day even starts would be the best policy for which ref to use. And this is no offense to those from the Memphis area but their ref's would have alot more matches during the state duals than those from other parts of the state because most matches take place between the teams in Chattanooga area and Middle TN. Would not be fair for a ref to make the trip up there just to do 2 or 3 matches because there could be a Chattanooga team in the finals for the Championships and Consolation finals. So it is hard for me to understand the problem Coach Jordan has and in how it could be addressed. I mean really a ref I really hope is impartial to whoever wins a match and a dual, it would be hard for me to think someone like Craft, Gilbert, Elsea, Vineyard or the countless others from Chattanooga not being able to ref a match because of the region of the state they live in. I just do not see it but what Coach Jordan thinks is best for his team is best for his team and I apologize for calling him out on this board.

Also Coach Sharrock I apologize to your program and congratulate you on the consistent basis of being one of the best teams in the state. I am hoping they can get the duals in the middle of the state next year in a big venue kind of like GA does with D1 and D2 together again.