How does 5A look this year?

catchandthrow

Wait...did SD beat Grace? No way! That's a shocker. How does that affect the district tournament seedings and the regular season "champ"?

Yea, it was in the paper this morning. Looks like Grace lost it in the 1st inning... Could be wrong, but I think DB is regular season 'champ' for 2nd year in a row and gets #1 seed in tourney. I'm sure that will start a bunch of negative crap!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it was in the paper this morning. Looks like Grace lost it in the 1st inning... Could be wrong, but I think DB is regular season 'champ' for 2nd year in a row and gets #1 seed in tourney. I'm sure that will start a bunch of negative crap!

They definitely lost it in the 1st inning....referring back to my previous post. David Brainerd is season champ and you will not hear any "crap" from me. DB deserves the title. Grace does have some issues to work out and I for one hope they are settled before tourney timel Being dropped by their coach last year and replacing him w/ someone who honestly isn't ready for high school baseball has hurt the team. IMO, of course. Grace has many talented players and it is a shame to see them lose games they should be winning. Hang in there Grace!

They definitely lost it in the 1st inning....referring back to my previous post. David Brainerd is season champ and you will not hear any "crap" from me. DB deserves the title. Grace does have some issues to work out and I for one hope they are settled before tourney timel Being dropped by their coach last year and replacing him w/ someone who honestly isn't ready for high school baseball has hurt the team. IMO, of course. Grace has many talented players and it is a shame to see them lose games they should be winning. Hang in there Grace!

I was not making excuses for Silverdale. Alec is a great kid and does a very good job. He has thrown well all year. I was simply saying that from a coach's standpoint, it is difficult to put together a solid lineup when you don't know until the day of a game that several of your best players are not allowed to play. It is also hard as a new head coach to make great decisions all the time. Every coach struggles with over-thinking things. That's not a bad thing. It shows a strong desire to win. However, sometimes overthinking can get you in trouble. Every coach in America has done this at one point or another. I know that the staff at Grace will get their guys focused and ready to play, and this temporary setback will be long forgotten by the end of the district tournament.

I was not making excuses for Silverdale. Alec is a great kid and does a very good job. He has thrown well all year. I was simply saying that from a coach's standpoint, it is difficult to put together a solid lineup when you don't know until the day of a game that several of your best players are not allowed to play. It is also hard as a new head coach to make great decisions all the time. Every coach struggles with over-thinking things. That's not a bad thing. It shows a strong desire to win. However, sometimes overthinking can get you in trouble. Every coach in America has done this at one point or another. I know that the staff at Grace will get their guys focused and ready to play, and this temporary setback will be long forgotten by the end of the district tournament.

Then why would you feel the need to "EXPLAIN" why SBA's baseball team is having a bad year when you are from Grace? Grace's baseball team will do fine in the district if they keep their heads in the game. The coaching matter is still up in the air.....there are a list of times when we are watching and wondering what in the world are they thinking.(yes I have a list) I have set by and tried to explain away all the blunders due to the fact he is new and obviously inexperienced but some of the boys don't have much time to wait for him to learn. The mistakes he has made are not the biggest issue I have, it is when he obviously made a bad call (and I know they all do) but instead of telling the boys, hey guys, I made a bad call it was my fault, he ALWAYS blames the players and they are so confused and upset. It is a wonder they came in 2nd place for the season. If he wants to get these boys to play together and to respect him someone needs to let him know what is going on. No, it will not be forgotten! Don't think I can go through this another year! And oh yeah, I guess I need to ask DB & CB if their top 3 hitters were out too........HMMMMMMMMMM!

I wrote a post a long time ago about Grace not having any pitchers besides Alec Rose and I think tuesday's loss to SD was an example of what I was talking about. You dont give up 14 runs to this years SD team. I realize errors did cause some runs but not 14 of them.. Did #7 start for SD?

Grace has plenty of pitching.....that is one of the points I was trying to make. Why didn't the coach use one of them knowing we had to win that game. Or at least pull him before they scored 7 runs........the boy is young and hasn't seen much pitching time period much less in high school. I still believe that Grace is the better team all around in 5A. Now if the coach's just use some common sense then they might just be able to pull it off and win it all! Yes #7 did start for SD, but he was pulled in the 2nd inning.

Grace has plenty of pitching.....that is one of the points I was trying to make. Why didn't the coach use one of them knowing we had to win that game. Or at least pull him before they scored 7 runs........the boy is young and hasn't seen much pitching time period much less in high school. I still believe that Grace is the better team all around in 5A. Now if the coach's just use some common sense then they might just be able to pull it off and win it all! Yes #7 did start for SD, but he was pulled in the 2nd inning.

He should have saved Alec for the second game knowing all them players for SD where out!!

Then why would you feel the need to "EXPLAIN" why SBA's baseball team is having a bad year when you are from Grace? Grace's baseball team will do fine in the district if they keep their heads in the game. The coaching matter is still up in the air.....there are a list of times when we are watching and wondering what in the world are they thinking.(yes I have a list) I have set by and tried to explain away all the blunders due to the fact he is new and obviously inexperienced but some of the boys don't have much time to wait for him to learn. The mistakes he has made are not the biggest issue I have, it is when he obviously made a bad call (and I know they all do) but instead of telling the boys, hey guys, I made a bad call it was my fault, he ALWAYS blames the players and they are so confused and upset. It is a wonder they came in 2nd place for the season. If he wants to get these boys to play together and to respect him someone needs to let him know what is going on. No, it will not be forgotten! Don't think I can go through this another year! And oh yeah, I guess I need to ask DB & CB if their top 3 hitters were out too........HMMMMMMMMMM!

Here is some free advice. #1 Quit your job and start coaching baseball @ Grace (sounds like you would be great because you would never make a bad decision). #2 Or you can keep your job, but handle the situation like a man and sit down and talk to the coach man to man and discuss the problems and see how you may help. #3 Do none of the above and make yourself sound like a whining parent who teaches young people to always hide and complain on a computer which does nothing to help the problem. I hope you choose #2. I hope my Silverdale boys do well in the tournament. Good luck to the rest!

Here is some free advice. #1 Quit your job and start coaching baseball @ Grace (sounds like you would be great because you would never make a bad decision). #2 Or you can keep your job, but handle the situation like a man and sit down and talk to the coach man to man and discuss the problems and see how you may help. #3 Do none of the above and make yourself sound like a whining parent who teaches young people to always hide and complain on a computer which does nothing to help the problem. I hope you choose #2. I hope my Silverdale boys do well in the tournament. Good luck to the rest!

Hold that thought 'ft', for fear of doing anymore harm to Grace's baseball team I will refrain from commenting on your so called "advice". After the season I will be back......now go back to a Silverdale (or wherever your allegiance lies today) football forum and talk it up about how this will be the year SD beats Grace in football because Josh Blake will be gone. Until then, keep your advice about this matter to yourself!

Was there something wrong with the advice? Is it not the right thing to do talk to the person you have a problem with. I am glad you are refraining from saying anything more because you are correct in it will cause more harm to the Grace baseball team. I don't think after the season will be any better to get on here and be critical. Trust me when I say just go talk to the person about your problems instead of making them so public. I know you said to keep my advice to myself, but what I say has some Biblical reasoning to it even if you don't like it.

Silverdale will beat your football team now that Josh is gone. We have some good athletes coming in. We will have to wait and see in the fall.

Was there something wrong with the advice? Is it not the right thing to do talk to the person you have a problem with. I am glad you are refraining from saying anything more because you are correct in it will cause more harm to the Grace baseball team. I don't think after the season will be any better to get on here and be critical. Trust me when I say just go talk to the person about your problems instead of making them so public. I know you said to keep my advice to myself, but what I say has some Biblical reasoning to it even if you don't like it.

Silverdale will beat your football team now that Josh is gone. We have some good athletes coming in. We will have to wait and see in the fall.

Why are you on here talking down Grace and calling the Silverdale's team "my boys" when on Oct 18,2007 at 10:45AM you said:

Competitor

Group: Members

Member No.: 66,028

Quit making excuses for losing to Grace. They played without three starters and they are not on here saying how they should have beat you by 30 or more if they would have played. Yes Silverdale had tons of rushing yards refer back to Grace was without 3 starters. Even with an injured QB you still could not stop Grace. Part of playing football is not giving up big plays and they could not keep Grace from doing that. So they lost, Quit making excuses. Yes Grace was beat by Boyd 37-7. No excuses! SP hasn't whiped Grace because they haven't played yet. If it happens there will be no excuses. Injuries are part of football so except that and that Silverdale got beat by Grace because Grace is the better team because they can make the big plays.

--------------------

IPB Image

You are confusing me....are you for Grace or Silverdale? Could it be that you switched schools? Where next David Brainerd.....

Define "coming in"................... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />