HOOKER vs DOSTER

tnko

I think your post paints a pretty clear picture.

My gut tells me it's like the," boy that cried wolf" scenario...? Hooker is the most dynamic wrestler McCallie has,,, and he's a joy to watch,,,,and I'm certain no one directly involved with him is making any excuses.

Is the kid with diarrhea,,,,or a torn ligament any less sick or injured than someone with a respiratory infection..? It's tough on all the kids that have an injury or illness,,,on top of the stress.

My old football coach (Bobby Newby) scored 4 touchdowns after receiving a concussion (he still doesn't remember any of it),,,,my buddy Jason walked 25 miles in sand with with 80 lbs of kit ,,,with a broken bone (metataral) in each foot and never said a word,,,,My point is Hooker is a warrior,,,lets give him the respect he deserves,,and he will return to fight another day.

FYI: EBE does abuse the injury time,,,when it's clearly a stall/ recovery gimmick

CC

CupCake, You have diarrhea of the mouth. FYI /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CupCake, You have diarrhea of the mouth. FYI /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is that medically possible?,,, Sounds like a great topic,,,"Dr Henry is an expert on Diarrhea, regardless of which end it comes out of"...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CC

You're too old-school,,,,EBE would 'forfeit' the opportunity to meet for a 'truce',,,I think if we both were there,,,we could have kept those Baylor fans under control?

Did you 'wound' any birds on your trip? I don't think I can say 'kill' on here...?

CC

Mr. Cake-

I think perhaps I have been misunderstood. I certainly concede that I am old school about B/M stuff but the last thing that means is any interest in a truce. As I know you know, I was only funnin' about any disappointment in our Red bretherin. While the trip was great, with many wounded (and tasty) birds, my only disapoinment was that I was not there to participate in all the fun.

This topic has really been abused, but might I just add something to the topic of interest.

Fact #1: Hooker is an incredible wrestler.

Fact #2: Hooker has great balance and a wonderful feel for the mat.

Fact #3: Hooker RARELY goes a full 6 minute match - good for him, that is something to be proud of.

Fact #4: Doster pushed him to that 6 minute match that he hasn't expereienced all season.

Fact #5: Hooker didn't know what to do when his gameplan was dismantled.

Fact #6: Best match in the entire state tournament? YES

I'm not sure what all the Baylor fans were screaming, but the one chant I will agree with is simply this: "Being out of shape is NOT an injury" If you are too sick to wrestle, then swallow your pride like Cole Hayes did and sit it out. You are a freshmen in high school Hooker. Wrestling is a GAME. Life is NOT a game. End of story.

Shouldn't have waved at you that day! Love your comment above. Since you know me, I'll take that one personally!

W-90,,,Please don't take what I say personally,,,,I'm only having a little red vs blue fun. If we must have a like vs hate relationship,,,than so be it,,,but I would much rather us get along. Because it's you,,,I will take back what I said,,,,and give it another shot.........just as soon as I come up with something good to say

Sorry for the delayed response,,,,I've been at the ER with a rare case of mouth problems,,,,it's always something.

CC

This topic has really been abused, but might I just add something to the topic of interest.

Fact #1: Hooker is an incredible wrestler.

Fact #2: Hooker has great balance and a wonderful feel for the mat.

Fact #3: Hooker RARELY goes a full 6 minute match - good for him, that is something to be proud of.

Fact #4: Doster pushed him to that 6 minute match that he hasn't expereienced all season.

Fact #5: Hooker didn't know what to do when his gameplan was dismantled.

Fact #6: Best match in the entire state tournament? YES

I'm not sure what all the Baylor fans were screaming, but the one chant I will agree with is simply this: "Being out of shape is NOT an injury" If you are too sick to wrestle, then swallow your pride like Cole Hayes did and sit it out. You are a freshmen in high school Hooker. Wrestling is a GAME. Life is NOT a game. End of story.

you dont sit out the biggest tournament of the year if you can wrestle. cole hayes circumstances were alot worse than hookers. doing physical activity with mono can be fatal.

hooker on the other hand had the flu, and he felt well enough to wrestle. making it to the state finals and being one point a way from a championship is a all you can ask from him being sick. he wrestled to help his team out, he gained valuable points for his team

Hey, no one said anything about that. I would wrestle if I was sick too, trust me. I wouldn't be stopping the match 3 different times so that coach connel can come over to me and talk strategy, as well as getting some water down my cotton-mouthed throat. Congratulations Michael Hooker for making it t the state finals while you were sick. Is that what you expect people to say? Sick or not, Doster wrestled a spectacular match, and I believe he earned what he deserved. I was never one to make excuses for anyone, so how about we put an end to this thread. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE STATE CHAMPIONS OF 2009.

you dont sit out the biggest tournament of the year if you can wrestle. cole hayes circumstances were alot worse than hookers. doing physical activity with mono can be fatal.

hooker on the other hand had the flu, and he felt well enough to wrestle. making it to the state finals and being one point a way from a championship is a all you can ask from him being sick. he wrestled to help his team out, he gained valuable points for his team

This is getting tiring. FIRST, he did not have the flu. He has chest congestion, and when his breathing increases through physical activity, it stirs up a cough. Yes it was a problem for him, but he did not have the flu. He was back in the warm up area joking around and feeling fine. It was when the breathing got started, that the coughing began. He was having the exct same issues at the state duals, and after one match ran directly off the mat to a trash can because of all the coughing he was doing. It would have been nice had he sat out that one, because whatever he had spread to other kids.

Second of all, Doster won that match. Fair and Square, and it's sad that anyone is saying anything other than congratulations on a great match. I don't think any of you would be tickled with your son having just won a state title, and people making excuses for the other guy. Bottom line, Doster wrestled one heck of a tournament.

Lastly. From my understanding, Cole Hayes's situation was very serious, and could have been life threatening if he took a hard blow to his liver. So, let's not even try to compare those two situations.

W-90,,,Please don't take what I say personally,,,,I'm only having a little red vs blue fun. If we must have a like vs hate relationship,,,than so be it,,,but I would much rather us get along. Because it's you,,,I will take back what I said,,,,and give it another shot.........just as soon as I come up with something good to say

Sorry for the delayed response,,,,I've been at the ER with a rare case of mouth problems,,,,it's always something.

CC

Just a warning- stay upwind.