District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to DC on the district title.. The Loss that the Rebels of OC handed them a couple of weeks ago was definately a wake up call for the Choctaws /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> again as stated before, DC won't be tested again until the Regional finals. As for the Player of the Year and Coach of the Year- The All district team as well as the District coach of the year are voted on by the coaches. Congrats to CJ on the MVP who has been rocky steady for four years now in running the DC offense & congrats to Coach Haskins of Westview on being named the Coach of the Year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all the 13AA teams in the upcoming Region 7AA tourney..

I'll leave that for everyone else to discuss.... I have my opinion, but I'll keep it to myself.

Well, it was obvious that the coaches blackballed Coach McCord from winning a much deserved Coach of the Year award. If Coach Haskins had any guts he should have walked over and given the Coach of the year award to Coach McCord. That's what really should have happened. I don't see how he can except an award after being beat 4 times by the same team. Coach McCord had to overcome much more than Coach Haskins in my opinion. How many coaches have lost 4 starters and come back the next year and win District Championship. This is really a joke. It's pretty obvious who the Coach of the Year is and that is Coach McCord. No one will make me believe otherwise.

Well, it was obvious that the coaches blackballed Coach McCord from winning a much deserved Coach of the Year award. If Coach Haskins had any guts he should have walked over and given the Coach of the year award to Coach McCord. That's what really should have happened. I don't see how he can except an award after being beat 4 times by the same team. Coach McCord had to overcome much more than Coach Haskins in my opinion. How many coaches have lost 4 starters and come back the next year and win District Championship. This is really a joke. It's pretty obvious who the Coach of the Year is and that is Coach McCord. No one will make me believe otherwise.

You DC people amaze me sometimes (some of the most arrogant, cocky, self righteous, hypocritical ________s around (SOME OF YOU/ NOT ALL).... "if Haskins had any guts......" are you kidding me... What the #@!*, are we in the movies or something..... Then what, everybody in the stands would then rise up and give a standing ovatioin as the tears pooled up in their eyes so impressed with the show of humbleness and humility over the gesture! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Try sitting over in Northside's or Covington's section and rubbing it in like you did against Milan the other night and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse my rant! back to the origional point: Very disrespectful comment to a very good guy and coach and a great person!!!!!!!!!

Fact is this, even though he lost four starters he still has two of the best players in the district AND the freshmen are not just average freshmen... the main two are still two of the best players in teh district so with that being said you have four of the best players in the district and a new big kid.... Fact is it simply doesnt matter what you lose if you replace it with something that is still better than what most people have!!!! Now, i'm not saying that he doesnt deserve coach of the year (or that he does) but I will say that i DID expect them to lose a few games in the districts and only losing the one is a noteable feat even though its in one of the weaker 2AA districts around! Like him or not nobody can dismiss the fact that he gets the job done! This little awards are really irrelevant to most of us coaches!

Personally, and I've said it before, I think Coach Kim Decker should be coach of the year: Please remember that when you have better talent you are supposed to win. Dburg lost 11 - 13 seniors and basically returned NOBODY with experience. Even though they only won three district games they did keep most all of the games close and beat people they were not supposed to have beaten!!! Based on what she had to work with I think that she actually did the best COACHING job this year! We (us coaches also but especially fans) only look at who wins and not who actually does the most with the least!!!!!!!!!!!

You DC people amaze me sometimes (some of the most arrogant, cocky, self righteous, hypocritical ________s around (SOME OF YOU/ NOT ALL).... "if Haskins had any guts......" are you kidding me... What the #@!*, are we in the movies or something..... Then what, everybody in the stands would then rise up and give a standing ovatioin as the tears pooled up in their eyes so impressed with the show of humbleness and humility over the gesture! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Try sitting over in Northside's or Covington's section and rubbing it in like you did against Milan the other night and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse my rant! back to the origional point: Very disrespectful comment to a very good guy and coach and a great person!!!!!!!!!

Fact is this, even though he lost four starters he still has two of the best players in the district AND the freshmen are not just average freshmen... the main two are still two of the best players in teh district so with that being said you have four of the best players in the district and a new big kid.... Fact is it simply doesnt matter what you lose if you replace it with something that is still better than what most people have!!!! Now, i'm not saying that he doesnt deserve coach of the year (or that he does) but I will say that i DID expect them to lose a few games in the districts and only losing the one is a noteable feat even though its in one of the weaker 2AA districts around! Like him or not nobody can dismiss the fact that he gets the job done! This little awards are really irrelevant to most of us coaches!

Personally, and I've said it before, I think Coach Kim Decker should be coach of the year: Please remember that when you have better talent you are supposed to win. Dburg lost 11 - 13 seniors and basically returned NOBODY with experience. Even though they only won three district games they did keep most all of the games close and beat people they were not supposed to have beaten!!! Based on what she had to work with I think that she actually did the best COACHING job this year! We (us coaches also but especially fans) only look at who wins and not who actually does the most with the least!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Decker are your crazy? McCord lost 80% of his scoring from last year with 8 seniors gone. DC beat Westview four times this year with two talented freshmen. Then Westview places four on the All District Team and DC has only three. Dyer County has won the District now three years in a row. And McCord has never won the Coach of the Year. He was a Co-Coach of the Year a couple of years ago with Tim Britt (another Westview coach) You might not think it now but you're going to miss DC next year at the gate. Dyer County did get the best trophy. District 13AA League and Tournament CHAMPIONS.

Kinda makes the other guys argument invalid when he doesn't know that. I have to say that the Coach of the Year typically goes to the coach that wins. However, I believe it should go to the coach that does the most with the talent he/she has. That's what coachin' is. I thought Coach Hopkins should have won COY for his first 5-6 seasons at DC because his teams always competed with only 1 player a year. It can be a popularity contest but it shouldn't be.