District 13 AA Championship

beavo5

Ok, its obvious the main point of my argument was missed..... YES, we all know people EVERYWHERE go to support winning teams.... my point is that I have rarely if ever seen more people be as hypocritical about they're loyalty and support of a SCHOOL (not just a single solitary team) in my life (and i've been around sport as a coaches son, player, coach, fan)! Don't come on here or be out in public professing your love for your school and crying about how others treat your players unfairly by a vote but then you treat groups of YOUR OWN PLAYERS even more unfairly by ignoring them! Thats the basis of what i'm saying... in fact I'm defending a large group ofDC people.... the lady choctaws (so once again dont call me a DC hater).... you see Mr. Yankee, and others, I'm for ALL KIDS that work hard and give their best... not just the ones that put Ws in the record books!

like i said i go to the girls and boys games and so do plenty of other and yes more people will come to watch winning teams when they are playing for something its natural!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has turned into being border line comical. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! It's so obvious a blind man can see that alot of fans/coaches simply don't like McCord and DC. This is not some big secret!!!!!!!! I hate the Dallas Cowboys and everybody that know me knows it.........NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!! subtle language and beating around the bush really doesn't hide all this envy. IT REALLY DOESN'T. We can all act a bit childish from time to time.....no doubt about it. Some of the junk posted on here defies common sense and plain simple logic (in regards to competitive sports). A few points.

(1) From reading this thread one would think that just because a team has more talent the coach should be disqualified form the Coach of the Year award....That's BS!!!!!!!!!! somebody posted they thought the dburg coach should be deserving of the award, WITH ONLY THREE DISTRICT WINS.........THAT IS A JOKE. I have no doubt the woman is a GREAT coach but the award should never go to a coach with only three district wins on the season (or whatever the number is). Give me a break........this ain't 5 yearl olds playing soccer where they don't keep the score. This is highschool competitive sports. Hey I got a great idea.....Award the coach of the year to Gleason, Camden, GC, or whoever has the worst or close to worst district records because they are having to do more with less.....see how crazy that is. Here is what I think....I can't think of but two or three coahces that would have produced the same results as the DC coach did this season, with the exact same team. It's kinda stupid to act as if just any ole coach can get those kind of results........IT DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY!!!! SOME COACHES ARE JUST SIMPLY BETTER THAN OTHERS JUST LIKE SOME PLAYERS A SIMPLY BETTER THAN OTHERS.

(2) This seasons DC team isn't even close to what they put o the floor last season. LET ME REPEAT THAT, THIS SEASONS TEAM ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO LAST SEASON TEAM. Come on now, THAT ONE IS A NOBRAINER!!!!!!!!!! To think a couple of freshman and and maybe a couple of more underclassman just step in make up for the losses to graduation MAKES NO SENSE. People should ask thereselves this question. Reverse the roles, take those seniors from last season lineup out and replace them with these kids (from this season assuming they would have been freshman last season) would they have been able to knock off last seasons Bolivar, Dburg (X3), Haywood BTWashington and CPA (back to back to back), and a narrow loss to Knoxville Fulton........OF COURSE NOT!!!!! Last seasons team averaged 85 points a games (against a tougher schedule) I CAN ASSURE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD JUSTIN BLAKE WASN'T SCORING ALL THE POINTS AND THAT THOSE SENIORS WERE SCORING MORE THAN THE UNDERCLASSMAN FROM THIS SEASON ( I would love to see the real stats though, instead of just throwing something like that out there). BTW, this season team is averaging 79 points a game agasint a weaker schedule...it would stand to reason that if people are going to act like these underclassman are so much better than last seasons seniors that they would most certainly put up better numbers...ESPECIALLY AGAINST A WEAKER SCHEDULE. I will say Yarbrough and Hudson probably have (WITHOUT QUESTION) more upside.....The team from last season was one of the most cohesive units I have seen on the court in a long time AND ANYBODY WOULD KNOW THAT.

(3) Maybe McCord could put on a coaching clinic and some of the others could learn a thing or two. Oh, I forgot.......He has been putting on a coaching clinic in this area for the last three seasons. Like I said I doubt just any coach produce the exact same results as this guy with the exact same players. People might act like some other coaches would but in truth that would not be the case. THAT IS JUST THE PLAIN SIMPLE TRUTH.

(4) Be honest...I KNOW IT'S HARD FOR SOME TO ACTUALLY DO THAT..........How can a team with a record of 29 and 1 (and ranked as high as 1 and 2 and wins the district) beat a district rival with a record of 24 and 7 4 times, actually have LESS players make all district.........JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE....NO LOGIC BEHIND THAT. Apply the same thing to coach of the year.........NO LOGIC BEHIND THAT ONE EITHER.

(5) Wonder who the Martin Westview Coach voted for? I wonder how many votes McCord actually got.......probably ZERO because of a bunch of GROWN MEN got togehter and colluded with one another and said....NOWAY IS MCCORD GETTING THAT AWARD...I would say that districts Coach of the Year award aint really worth anything.

(6) This stuff aint new. Brandon Evans won Distric MVP over Willie Kemp his junior season. The same stuff was going on as is now. People around these parts looked at Rudesill/Bolivar just like they look at McCord/DC....just a different district and coach. Anybody that remebers that season knows exactly what i'm talking about. The two years Liberty won back to back state championships people absolutley hated them around here. TRUST ME I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!! same with Bolivar!!!!!!!!!! BTW, all the phony accuasations people put out there were leveled against Bolivar and Liberty to. This is all a bunch of BS.

BTW, I have been staying quite and out of all these arguments for the last week or so, but I just couldn't help myself on this one. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN STRAIGHT UP ENVY AND SOUR GRAPES BY FANS AND COACHES. If I were McCord I would say good riddence, enjoyed outcoaching you guys for the last three seasons, and you take your district and good ole boy network and shove it, BUT WE WILL KEEP OUR DISTRICT AND REGION CHAMPIONSHIPS JUST AS A REMINDER AS HOW DOMINANT WE REALLY WERE AGAINST YOU GUYS.

I had much rather be an outsider than to be someone who would participate in a sham like all this.......ESPECIALLY THE ALL DISTRICT TEAM.......IT'S ONE THING TO BORDERLINE HATE THE COACH ...IT'S QUITE ANOTHER TO PUNISH HIS PLAYERS BY DENYING THEM ACCOLADES AND AWARDS BECUASE THEY SIMPLY DON'T LIKE THEIR COACH.

IT SEEMS BAD SPORTSMANSHIP RUNS RAMPANT THROUGH THIS DISTRICT AND IT STARTS AT THE TOP WITH ALL THESE SCHOOLS/COACHES.....WELL, MAYBE NOT ALL.....BUT, CERTAINLY SOME OF THEM.

THIS WHOLE THING IS REALLY PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on every thing you said and I want to just add that if every one including dyer co, gibson co, milan, dyersburg, crockett co, westview, obion co, stop down grading every one then we would not have this mess every single game. We would not have student sections giong back to games that were played in the past yelling "We beat so and so" or what ever team it was. every team has done this and really this makes your school, community, and fans that don't involve themselves in the act to look ignorant, reatarded, like they have no common sense, and as if their did not treat them properly. your school looks bad and your parents are look bad because of the way you act. No matter if you do not like a team or coach, give them some respect because they had to have won the award for some reason. How do you know that Coach McCord did not vote for Coach Haskins? You don't know the reason behind everything so get over it. its done so leave it alone. and instead of acting like hoodlums at a game, show some respect. teh booing of Milan was disrespectful. if they acted one way, dont act they same way they did because that only makes you like them. Show some respect on this message board and the games and you would not have to deal with this mess in the first place.

I don't really see a difference, but what I should have said is that "some fans booed as Coach Haskins accepted the Coach of the Year award." Sorry if I think that good sportsmanship is childish.

By the way, I'm probably one of the few posters on here that strongly believes that Dyer Co. has NOT violated any TSSAA rules other than the ones punished a few years back. I have no jealousy, only respect for their basketball program.

May have misunderstood your post. You know after awhile of dodging bullets from every direction, you don`t know who to start firing back at.

He will do just fine until they hit the region next season. I predict McCord will win his 4th consecutive district championship as a coah since coming to the great state of TN. Wait and see!!!!!!! And he and his team will be alot better getting out of the current district and away from all the CRY BABIES and SORE LOSERS. Plus, his players will only get better through AAU and AAA. Like I said.....time to move on to bigger and better things. Mentor young men and get them ready to get a free education and play in college.

ONE THING IS FOR SURE........IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP.....BUT, IT SURE IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

in my opinion dc will be losing more this year than they did last year. losing your number one scorer and also ur leading assist leader and both team leaders and two very good defenders... every time i've seen dc down this year it was one of those two who bailed them out. without cj and rex i think dc will have a tough time next year unless chris paul or steve nash transfers in... lol which is possible

I agree with you on every thing you said and I want to just add that if every one including dyer co, gibson co, milan, dyersburg, crockett co, westview, obion co, stop down grading every one then we would not have this mess every single game. We would not have student sections giong back to games that were played in the past yelling "We beat so and so" or what ever team it was. every team has done this and really this makes your school, community, and fans that don't involve themselves in the act to look ignorant, reatarded, like they have no common sense, and as if their did not treat them properly. your school looks bad and your parents are look bad because of the way you act. No matter if you do not like a team or coach, give them some respect because they had to have won the award for some reason. How do you know that Coach McCord did not vote for Coach Haskins? You don't know the reason behind everything so get over it. its done so leave it alone. and instead of acting like hoodlums at a game, show some respect. teh booing of Milan was disrespectful. if they acted one way, dont act they same way they did because that only makes you like them. Show some respect on this message board and the games and you would not have to deal with this mess in the first place.

the whole point of having a student section and fan base is to get under the skin of the players coaches and the apposing fans... No harm done right? Sportsman ship, class, or whatever you want to call it all fans and student sections do the same thing but the others just chant back

This thread has turned into being border line comical. SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! It's so obvious a blind man can see that alot of fans/coaches simply don't like McCord and DC. This is not some big secret!!!!!!!! I hate the Dallas Cowboys and everybody that know me knows it.........NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!! subtle language and beating around the bush really doesn't hide all this envy. IT REALLY DOESN'T. We can all act a bit childish from time to time.....no doubt about it. Some of the junk posted on here defies common sense and plain simple logic (in regards to competitive sports). A few points.

(1) From reading this thread one would think that just because a team has more talent the coach should be disqualified form the Coach of the Year award....That's BS!!!!!!!!!! somebody posted they thought the dburg coach should be deserving of the award, WITH ONLY THREE DISTRICT WINS.........THAT IS A JOKE. I have no doubt the woman is a GREAT coach but the award should never go to a coach with only three district wins on the season (or whatever the number is). Give me a break........this ain't 5 yearl olds playing soccer where they don't keep the score. This is highschool competitive sports. Hey I got a great idea.....Award the coach of the year to Gleason, Camden, GC, or whoever has the worst or close to worst district records because they are having to do more with less.....see how crazy that is. Here is what I think....I can't think of but two or three coahces that would have produced the same results as the DC coach did this season, with the exact same team. It's kinda stupid to act as if just any ole coach can get those kind of results........IT DOESN'T HAPPEN THAT WAY!!!! SOME COACHES ARE JUST SIMPLY BETTER THAN OTHERS JUST LIKE SOME PLAYERS A SIMPLY BETTER THAN OTHERS.

(2) This seasons DC team isn't even close to what they put o the floor last season. LET ME REPEAT THAT, THIS SEASONS TEAM ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO LAST SEASON TEAM. Come on now, THAT ONE IS A NOBRAINER!!!!!!!!!! To think a couple of freshman and and maybe a couple of more underclassman just step in make up for the losses to graduation MAKES NO SENSE. People should ask thereselves this question. Reverse the roles, take those seniors from last season lineup out and replace them with these kids (from this season assuming they would have been freshman last season) would they have been able to knock off last seasons Bolivar, Dburg (X3), Haywood BTWashington and CPA (back to back to back), and a narrow loss to Knoxville Fulton........OF COURSE NOT!!!!! Last seasons team averaged 85 points a games (against a tougher schedule) I CAN ASSURE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD JUSTIN BLAKE WASN'T SCORING ALL THE POINTS AND THAT THOSE SENIORS WERE SCORING MORE THAN THE UNDERCLASSMAN FROM THIS SEASON ( I would love to see the real stats though, instead of just throwing something like that out there). BTW, this season team is averaging 79 points a game agasint a weaker schedule...it would stand to reason that if people are going to act like these underclassman are so much better than last seasons seniors that they would most certainly put up better numbers...ESPECIALLY AGAINST A WEAKER SCHEDULE. I will say Yarbrough and Hudson probably have (WITHOUT QUESTION) more upside.....The team from last season was one of the most cohesive units I have seen on the court in a long time AND ANYBODY WOULD KNOW THAT.

(3) Maybe McCord could put on a coaching clinic and some of the others could learn a thing or two. Oh, I forgot.......He has been putting on a coaching clinic in this area for the last three seasons. Like I said I doubt just any coach produce the exact same results as this guy with the exact same players. People might act like some other coaches would but in truth that would not be the case. THAT IS JUST THE PLAIN SIMPLE TRUTH.

(4) Be honest...I KNOW IT'S HARD FOR SOME TO ACTUALLY DO THAT..........How can a team with a record of 29 and 1 (and ranked as high as 1 and 2 and wins the district) beat a district rival with a record of 24 and 7 4 times, actually have LESS players make all district.........JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE....NO LOGIC BEHIND THAT. Apply the same thing to coach of the year.........NO LOGIC BEHIND THAT ONE EITHER.

(5) Wonder who the Martin Westview Coach voted for? I wonder how many votes McCord actually got.......probably ZERO because of a bunch of GROWN MEN got togehter and colluded with one another and said....NOWAY IS MCCORD GETTING THAT AWARD...I would say that districts Coach of the Year award aint really worth anything.

(6) This stuff aint new. Brandon Evans won Distric MVP over Willie Kemp his junior season. The same stuff was going on as is now. People around these parts looked at Rudesill/Bolivar just like they look at McCord/DC....just a different district and coach. Anybody that remebers that season knows exactly what i'm talking about. The two years Liberty won back to back state championships people absolutley hated them around here. TRUST ME I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!! same with Bolivar!!!!!!!!!! BTW, all the phony accuasations people put out there were leveled against Bolivar and Liberty to. This is all a bunch of BS.

BTW, I have been staying quite and out of all these arguments for the last week or so, but I just couldn't help myself on this one. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN STRAIGHT UP ENVY AND SOUR GRAPES BY FANS AND COACHES. If I were McCord I would say good riddence, enjoyed outcoaching you guys for the last three seasons, and you take your district and good ole boy network and shove it, BUT WE WILL KEEP OUR DISTRICT AND REGION CHAMPIONSHIPS JUST AS A REMINDER AS HOW DOMINANT WE REALLY WERE AGAINST YOU GUYS.

I had much rather be an outsider than to be someone who would participate in a sham like all this.......ESPECIALLY THE ALL DISTRICT TEAM.......IT'S ONE THING TO BORDERLINE HATE THE COACH ...IT'S QUITE ANOTHER TO PUNISH HIS PLAYERS BY DENYING THEM ACCOLADES AND AWARDS BECUASE THEY SIMPLY DON'T LIKE THEIR COACH.

IT SEEMS BAD SPORTSMANSHIP RUNS RAMPANT THROUGH THIS DISTRICT AND IT STARTS AT THE TOP WITH ALL THESE SCHOOLS/COACHES.....WELL, MAYBE NOT ALL.....BUT, CERTAINLY SOME OF THEM.

THIS WHOLE THING IS REALLY PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i remember i think 2 years ago... ron johnson from crockett county' s senior year and justin blake's junior. everyone knew one of those 2 deserved district mvp. but neither one of them got it. instead some hunt guy from milan got it and that really upset me. he was no comparison to those other 2 players... and i know we all remember that double ot game between dc and crockett at gc... one of the best i've ever seen! well anyways back to my point that i'm sure the crockett county people didnt vote for blake and the dc people didnt vote for johnson so u end up with a messed up result. this is the same case this year and i imagine will continue to be the case in the future unfortunately...

Thank you, Very much!! I hope your input will stop the ignorancy of everyone down grading the players and Coach McCord at Dyer County! When one team has die hard fans the others can't stand it. Dyer County's fans are among the best , so I believe they have the right to be proud of their team and when people try down grading they should get angry and strive to make their team look better because apparently Dyer County is a better team, or they wouldn't have beat all the other teams and win the District Championship!! Again, I think you for the post!! I wish everyone could behave in a straight forward manner like adults as you did yourself instead of childish, he said she said, playground talk.

since dyer county has die hard fans wher was all these people 4 years ago!!!

i remember i think 2 years ago... ron johnson from crockett county' s senior year and justin blake's junior. everyone knew one of those 2 deserved district mvp. but neither one of them got it. instead some hunt guy from milan got it and that really upset me. he was no comparison to those other 2 players... and i know we all remember that double ot game between dc and crockett at gc... one of the best i've ever seen! well anyways back to my point that i'm sure the crockett county people didnt vote for blake and the dc people didnt vote for johnson so u end up with a messed up result. this is the same case this year and i imagine will continue to be the case in the future unfortunately...

excellent point Mr Van Dame /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .... the only way Johnson (who should have won it in my opinion) or Blake (if not the best then certainly the second best that year) didn't win is if the DC coach put Ron Johnson towards the bottom and the CC coach did the same with Justin Blake... that's the only way that Hunt could have been at the2, 3, or 4 spot on all of the rest of the ballots and ended up as the #1 vote getter! NO OTHER WAY... so, DC fans upset at things this years outcome... your coaching staff didn't put Johnson as 2nd or even 3rd or even 4th when he at WORST was second... so see how when you don't have all the info you could be the kettle calling your own group of pots black! Now, i do understand the reasoning behind both coaches action... trying to ensure that their player would win district MVP. Point is coaches (ALL COACHES) don't just vote purely on who is the best for WHATEVER reason.

Man ya`ll aren`t going to start that again surely. It has nothing to do with where we are now. Right or wrong, we stand up for DC instead of hiding behind an unknown name.

who???????????????????????/ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> unless your god given name is khvol then that is the most basic example of the hypocrisy i'm refering to!!!!!!!

oh, by the way, anybody that knows anything knows who i am.... I use my REAL LAST NAME so i'm not hidding from anything i say!!!!!!!!!

who???????????????????????/ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> unless your god given name is khvol then that is the most basic example of the hypocrisy i'm refering to!!!!!!!

oh, by the way, anybody that knows anything knows who i am.... I use my REAL LAST NAME so i'm not hidding from anything i say!!!!!!!!!

Dude. Chill. If you read the post b4 you then you would know I was referring to the username "unknown". BTW, I wear my initials in my username as well.