HIXSON SCRIMMAGE DAY

catchandthrow

Grace's pitcher and catcher were both pretty good, I think the pitcher was #17 or #19. Grace actually looked pretty good. They scrimmaged East Ridge, but the Pioneers were without probably their best player, catcher Gunner Miller.

Ooltewah and McMinn County both looked solid. Bledsoe County, I hope they still have a lot of players wrestling or still in basketball.

Grace's pitcher and catcher were both pretty good, I think the pitcher was #17 or #19. Grace actually looked pretty good. They scrimmaged East Ridge, but the Pioneers were without probably their best player, catcher Gunner Miller.

Ooltewah and McMinn County both looked solid. Bledsoe County, I hope they still have a lot of players wrestling or still in basketball.

I agree that Grace looked good in the scrimmage w/ East Ridge. Thier pitcher is #19, Rose. The team is young but already looks like they will do well. Good luck Eagles!!!

What you see is pretty much what we got. We have 17 players on the team and that's it. The state of the program the last 5 or 6 years has killed numbers, hopefully the new and current coaching staff can change this.

BTW Bledsoe tied Notre Dame 3-3, was up 3 - 1 till bottom of last inning and beat East Ridge 5 - 3, I realize these scrimmages mean nothing in regular season but we can compete. Also to be fair Ooltewah beat us like 10 - 0 and Soddy beat us 8 - 1. I would guess we were not the only team slammed by Ooltewah though.

All I know is that it's going to be a good year for my OWLS!

How's the new coach fitting in? The team looked good.....should be a great year as long as parents keep a distance! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Go Owls!!!!!!

What you see is pretty much what we got. We have 17 players on the team and that's it. The state of the program the last 5 or 6 years has killed numbers, hopefully the new and current coaching staff can change this.

BTW Bledsoe tied Notre Dame 3-3, was up 3 - 1 till bottom of last inning and beat East Ridge 5 - 3, I realize these scrimmages mean nothing in regular season but we can compete. Also to be fair Ooltewah beat us like 10 - 0 and Soddy beat us 8 - 1. I would guess we were not the only team slammed by Ooltewah though.

my son played for hixson the last two years and i think bledsoe has relly improved the last 2-3 years, we still beat them but, i though they were much improved

How's the new coach fitting in? The team looked good.....should be a great year as long as parents keep a distance! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Go Owls!!!!!!

Coach Hitchcox aka Tater loves being at Ooltewah. He thinks he has a strong team, and will be tough to beat on any given day. That's one thing I love about Tater he knows how to get the job done. I'm looking forward to coming to a few games to watch the Owls and my good friend Tater this year.

Posted this in the 6AA section, but it applied to the scrimmage day as well so I thought I'd post it here as well:

At Notre Dame, we should be fairly strong if we can keep the injury bug away. We're pretty strong with Howard, Breckenridge, Swinney, Fox and Luketic. We have a couple strong freshmen, who will challenge for positions this season (What's the old saying? Best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores?!), and DeoCampo is a walking triple.

We had a tough showing in the Hixson Play Day, but we were without 3 of our best players for most of the day and we were simply outgunned against RedBank. We can play with Soddy with our first 9, but Atkins was tough and will only get better for RB. What an impressive kid. I haven't seen their other pitcher, Walden I believe it is, but if he's better than Atkins, RB will be tough all year long. We also saw their JR Quarterback/Hurler Andy Christopher? He'll be good with some polish(Could definitely touch 90+ with some work).

We should be strong in our district with a full squad. We probably handle Bledsoe fairly easily with our district guys on the hill and our starting catcher behind the dish, though they battled us well and stranded 5 of our guys in scoring position. Grace played well, and we fell apart, but we were playing innings 15-20 at that point without enough arms to get the job done. I really liked the freshman they threw at us. He'll be one to watch in the next few years.

I thought the lefties (3-4 in the order I think) from Soddy looked like they could swing a little bit and the Haney kid can flat out fly. He's a burner for sure. Didn't see anything incredible on the mound, but they're definitely not bad. They could get the job done for sure. They'll just have to find the answer to Walden and Atkins.

Other than Atkins I wasn't wowed by any of the arms we saw, but was glad to see most of the guys around the plate. We'll be alright at ND, and though we lost a lot from last year's squad, we're teaching our kids to play the game the right way. It's been pretty tough with no outdoor cage and a field that is a work in progress: we hadn't seen many live arms before the scrimmage day. Now that basketball is over, we'll get alot more swings in the gym before we open. Consider last weekend our rough draft, but look for us to compete for the district crown, at least on the city side.

Final thought: If you have a left handed son- Send him to ND next year. I'll teach him to hit it a ton and it's a slight porch in right field (Read: 245 ft, with a 45 ft high net). Just imagine: Your kid could set the national homerun record....I'm just sayin...

Go Irish!