5A championship Temple vs Grace

bbjunkie

I think Temple's fans will show up, but will still be outnumbered 3 to 1. Plus, the average Temple fan is old and quiet, and can't compete with the rowdy Grace student section.

It is not just the students of Grace that get excited about their teams, the adults get pretty excited too!! We love our teams and our school and will help cheer both of our teams on to victory tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace student section will blow any one out of their own gym i dont care how old you are or what school you represent!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> , by the way, Grace has shown us time and time again that mcgilvery or vance gives no advantage to temple, Grace can just fit more fans in there. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is not just the students of Grace that get excited about their teams, the adults get pretty excited too!! We love our teams and our school and will help cheer both of our teams on to victory tonight. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As a Temple fan I definitely envy the spirit that Grace fans, of all ages, display. But, I must say, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you sitting on your hands in the 4th quarter of the boys game tonight!

What does everyone think are the keys? Going in Temple has the advantage, essentially playing a "home" game. Hopefully, the referees will do better than their second game at Grace, too many flops and refs suckeered into calling fouls which the offenses initiated. Will Grace play as a team? It seems sad that the Grace guards are told they have D1 potential when they either don't see or refuse to see the OPEN man (ie 3pt shooter in the corner or their center completely sealing off his defender). Unless you are a 6'6" phenom as a guard you MUST show you can pass. Maybe your own scoring will lower alittle but forget playing at the next level if you can't win because you wont pass to a player who has a higher percentage shot. The game should be close and maybe the adage, "whoever wants to WIN more" is the largest key. looking forward to it!

Pretty hard on the guards of Grace, huh? Think Temple will win by 12.

Good Luck to both team they should be proud they Rep. Chatttown well.

i agree i would love it to be Grace and Temple in the state championship!!! wow what a matchup that would be haha /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i agree i would love it to be Grace and Temple in the state championship!!! wow what a matchup that would be haha /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Grace by 6 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Guys you can do it!

Congratulations to Grace on the victory, and a well played game. Grace shared the ball better than I've ever seen, took care of the ball, and played great defense.

Temple, on the other hand, played very uninspired. Even their normally fiery coach didn't show a whole lot of emotion tonight. It appeared that Temple played the game carelessly, knowing they didn't need to win to keep their season alive, and therefore not working very hard for the victory. Too many turnovers and missed free throws. Good luck making it out of the region with that kind of play.

2 questions for Grace fans: 1. Why didn't Hermann, Church, and Wilson start the game? 2. Does your videographer/player's dad normally make a habit of having shouting matches with teenagers, or was tonight just an aberration?

Congratulations to Grace on a well played game against Temple. Grace was the better team on the floor tonight. I said earlier that the key to Temple's win was James Kemp getting his points. Well done, Grace!

Temple played hard and never quit and I was very proud of the effort on the floor. The players came out hard during the first few minutes and I thought that Grace was in for a brutal show of Temple's prowess but then it was like someone flipped a switch and the team that took the floor during the beginning of the game went on vacation and left us trying to play catch up the rest of the game.

Thanks Grace and Temple for the adrenaline fix. I had been "jonesing." /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />