Scott High School - Adding games to break a school record - Give your

star3

Recently, a senior at Scott High School in Scott County broke the all-time scoring record at their school by about 10 points in their last game (a loss in the district tournament). The problem is that during the whole season, this seemed to be the team's only objective. This girl played pretty much every game from tip-off to buzzer without a break. Even if the team was up by 20 or losing by 20, she was in the game. Every play was designed to her. They had a few games cancelled for snow, and all but two were rescheduled. The coaches of Scott High then realized that there was no way she could break the record, so the week before and of the district tournament, they added two games onto the schedule just so this girl could break the all-time scoring record of their school. They actually tried to schedule more games, but no one else would agree to it so close to tournament time. The sad part is that the games they scheduled were teams that the school had never played before, and, not to be rude, but they were also terrible. In those games she racked up over 60 points. The coaching staff actually even admitted the reason they were doing this, and it was because of the scoring record. In my opinion, this is terrible. I look down on the coaching staff, the athletic department, the principal, and the school board of this school. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that your only objective is to break a scoring record. Not only that, but it is unfair to the rest of the team. And how fair is this to the old record holder? In my opinion, this should not be allowed. Why even have a record if you want to break it this way? Maybe they should just choose who they want, take their picture, and hang it on the wall; It's pretty much the same thing. This makes me realize that I would certainly not want a child playing in this athletic department. And if I were an opposing coach, I would not even want to play them. Please give me your opinion.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently, a senior at Scott High School in Scott County broke the all-time scoring record at their school by about 10 points in their last game (a loss in the district tournament). The problem is that during the whole season, this seemed to be the team's only objective. This girl played pretty much every game from tip-off to buzzer without a break. Even if the team was up by 20 or losing by 20, she was in the game. Every play was designed to her. They had a few games cancelled for snow, and all but two were rescheduled. The coaches of Scott High then realized that there was no way she could break the record, so the week before and of the district tournament, they added two games onto the schedule just so this girl could break the all-time scoring record of their school. They actually tried to schedule more games, but no one else would agree to it so close to tournament time. The sad part is that the games they scheduled were teams that the school had never played before, and, not to be rude, but they were also terrible. In those games she racked up over 60 points. The coaching staff actually even admitted the reason they were doing this, and it was because of the scoring record. In my opinion, this is terrible. I look down on the coaching staff, the athletic department, the principal, and the school board of this school. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that your only objective is to break a scoring record. Not only that, but it is unfair to the rest of the team. And how fair is this to the old record holder? In my opinion, this should not be allowed. Why even have a record if you want to break it this way? Maybe they should just choose who they want, take their picture, and hang it on the wall; It's pretty much the same thing. This makes me realize that I would certainly not want a child playing in this athletic department. And if I were an opposing coach, I would not even want to play them. Please give me your opinion.

My opinion is your child didn't get in the game. I know this is a rear end remark but that is the tone that you give. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

SCOTT IS A YOUNG TEAM AND THE MAKE UP GAMES WERE A GOOD THING FOR THE YOUNGER PLAYERS.IF I PLAYED THAT GOOD FOR THREE YEARS FOR MY HIGHSCHOOL I WOULD HOPE MY COACHES WOULD SEE AS A SENIOR THAT I WAS THAT CLOSE TO SOME RECORD AND I HAD DEDICATED ALL FOUR YEARS OF MY HIGHSCHOOL TO THIS PROGRAM TO HELP ME IN THAT SMALL WAY SEEMS TO ME,THE ONLY THING TO DO.THIS GIRL IS THAT GOOD AND THAT TALLENTED,JUST WISH SHE WAS TALLER.THEY START TWO SENIORS , A SOPH. AND TWO FRESHMEN.THEY DIDN'T ADD EXTRA GAMES JUST MADE UP FOR CANCELED ONES.THAT SEEMS A SMALL THING FOR A PLAYER WILLING TO STICK IT OUT FOR A TEAM THAT HAS STRUGGLED LIKE THIS PROGRAM HAS DURING HER 4 YEARS THERE.THEY DIDN'T LOOSE ALL THOSE GAMES OVER THE SPAN OF HER 4 YEARS BECAUSE THE COACH WENT TO HER ONLY.THEY JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TALENT TO PUT WITH HER. ALSO I THINK SCOTT HAS HAD 3 HEAD COACHES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS.GIVE THE GIRL HER RECORD AND THE NEW COACH A "THAT A BOY" FOR A SMALL EFFORT IN HELPING HER /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

SCOTT IS A YOUNG TEAM AND THE MAKE UP GAMES WERE A GOOD THING FOR THE YOUNGER PLAYERS.IF I PLAYED THAT GOOD FOR THREE YEARS FOR MY HIGHSCHOOL I WOULD HOPE MY COACHES WOULD SEE AS A SENIOR THAT I WAS THAT CLOSE TO SOME RECORD AND I HAD DEDICATED ALL FOUR YEARS OF MY HIGHSCHOOL TO THIS PROGRAM TO HELP ME IN THAT SMALL WAY SEEMS TO ME,THE ONLY THING TO DO.THIS GIRL IS THAT GOOD AND THAT TALLENTED,JUST WISH SHE WAS TALLER.THEY START TWO SENIORS , A SOPH. AND TWO FRESHMEN.THEY DIDN'T ADD EXTRA GAMES JUST MADE UP FOR CANCELED ONES.THAT SEEMS A SMALL THING FOR A PLAYER WILLING TO STICK IT OUT FOR A TEAM THAT HAS STRUGGLED LIKE THIS PROGRAM HAS DURING HER 4 YEARS THERE.THEY DIDN'T LOOSE ALL THOSE GAMES OVER THE SPAN OF HER 4 YEARS BECAUSE THE COACH WENT TO HER ONLY.THEY JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TALENT TO PUT WITH HER. ALSO I THINK SCOTT HAS HAD 3 HEAD COACHES IN THE LAST 5 YEARS.GIVE THE GIRL HER RECORD AND THE NEW COACH A "THAT A BOY" FOR A SMALL EFFORT IN HELPING HER /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

agree whole heartedly.

Actually, I don't have a child that plays for Scott, thank goodness. I just know what happened and think it's ridiculous. I just feel for the other kids who had to put up with all of this.

And in response to everyone that says Scott has a young team, thay always have a young team. That is always the excuse for not being able to compete. Eventually you just have to admit that they aren't very good and they have terrible coaching and a bad athletic department. Since 1998, they have had 6 coaches, and in my opinion that shows that the athletic department stinks. You have to give someone a chance to develp a program and these kids. Not to mention, since 1998, they always use the excuse that they're young. So what; a lot of teams are young.

I've seen the Lowe girl doing nothing but play hard and carry her team on her shoulders in every game that I've watched. I think it's great that a coach/school would reward a player for that kind of dedication.

Heck! If she broke the record and all was added was a couple of games that were cancelled..... what's the problem....

Good job young lady....

TSSAA sets a limit to the number of games you can play in a year. As long as they stayed within this guideline who cares. Plus do you think it would be fair to the girl to not reach the record because games got cancelled due to snow. We are talking about high school kids aren't we. Was it your record, because it sure sounds like sour grapes from here.

TSSAA sets a limit to the number of games you can play in a year. As long as they stayed within this guideline who cares. Plus do you think it would be fair to the girl to not reach the record because games got cancelled due to snow. We are talking about high school kids aren't we. Was it your record, because it sure sounds like sour grapes from here.

Do you think that games do not get cancelled every year for snow and other reasons? They didn't reschedule with the same team; they found teams that were no good to play instead.

Not to mention, they tried to schedule even more games than just these; I guess other coaches just realized how silly it was to play a game that doesn't matter two days before the start of the district tournamant.

I am not saying that she is not any good. I think she's a pretty good ball player, but I think this is dishonest. I feel like if you can't break the record in the games alloted, you should not break the record.

I don't imagine that if Pat Summit were one win away from 1000 they would add a game on to the end of the season.

so far you are the only one that has a problem with it....sounds to me you have the only sour grapes. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Trust me; I am not the only one with a problem. There has actually been a lot of negative talk about it...and some positive, too, so that's why I brought it up.

It just so happens that a lot of people think that just because someone plays for four years on a bad team, they deserve an award or something. Everone for the last decade playing for Scott High has played for a bad team for four years.