Father Ryan

TheSpoon

GOAT: I think you are either one of those "stellar" coaches, or you're one of their mamas.

I think they must have a decent staff to compete in D II, because they don't seem to have any real studs. MBA, BA, MUS seem to have more talent every year and Ryan found a way to beat BA.

Sounds like Spoon is just starting stuff.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBG makes a very valid point, why build a 2700 person stadium when clearly the very first game at Ryan next year will easily double that?

As for the irish offense's problems last year it stemmed from the qb position plain and simple

Agree. Hard to say coaching didn't have a little to do with it too (sorry GOAT). The offense was unable to score a touchdown in 4 of its 10 games, including 3 shutouts. Don't see much change with this year's team.

school wants no more "fighting man", everything now is to be the crest or shield or whatever you want to call it.

It's a very nice looking crest; I've always thought that Ryan's 70's helmet was sharp, with the purple and white stripes on the silver helmet, with the shield on either side. The shield on the jersey sleeves was also a nice touch.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I would hope you have more State Championships than a school that has been competing on the Varsity level for 6 years. Ryan has been a school for 84 years. Congrats you have more State Championships than JPII

I believe we have more state championships this current school year than Headmaster Academy has in its entire existence. State Hockey Championship, defeated Headmaster Academy, State Girls Soccer Championship, State Team Wrestling Championship, Runner-up in boys basketball, Runner-up in volleyball, and the school year is not over yet. Face it, your average despite less years just doesn't measure up. Perhaps you should recruit some international students. I bet the former headmaster could help out. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just some notes on the seating capacity of the new stadium ....It was determined by the City of Oak Hill and it`s rigid parking ordinance that the number of existing parking spaces on the Father Ryan campus would only support a maximum of 2,350 seat stadium..Father Ryan would have liked to have built it larger, but the Oak Hill ordinances would not permit it........ For many years, the city of Oak Hill effectively blocked any discussion of a new stadium by hiding behind a few vocal neighbors who railed against it.....Several of those neighbors were elderly and have passed on. As time has passed, Father Ryan agreed to several neighborhood concessions, including constructing an earthen berm along one side of the campus (The great wall of Oak Hill!) at an additional cost of around a half million dollars, along with heavy parking restrictions, Lighting restrictions ( no lights after 8pm on weeknights and 10pm on weekends), plus the majority of the stadium lighting has to be facing the interstate and have that special cowling around the bulbs so that no light "pollution" seeps into the adjoining neighborhood (more money!) Father Ryan also agreed to turn their softball field completely around to placate complaining neighbors .............. Eventually , all parties came to an agreement , most of the funds have been pledged and construction is underway....It will be a reality in August.

Another point is that Father Ryan bent over backwards to be a good neighbor. If they had desired to, they could have went into court and would have been granted the right to build any kind of stadium they desired. There are other schools in the immediate area that faced no such restrictions. The motives of Oak Hill might be something other than light pollution. But Ryan took the high road and finally everything has worked out even though more expensive. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Another point is that Father Ryan bent over backwards to be a good neighbor. If they had desired to, they could have went into court and would have been granted the right to build any kind of stadium they desired. There are other schools in the immediate area that faced no such restrictions. The motives of Oak Hill might be something other than light pollution. But Ryan took the high road and finally everything has worked out even though more expensive. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Any idea how much of a financial impact the new stadium will have? What kind of money do they make at the facilities they've used over the years, and what can they expect to bring in?

Any idea how much of a financial impact the new stadium will have? What kind of money do they make at the facilities they've used over the years, and what can they expect to bring in?

A conservative estimate is that they can expect to bring in double the revenue since they no longer have to split with some facility. Probably more than double when you count concessions and attendence at those great rivalry games. Since the stadium and improvements are virtually paid for before the actual building, should be a great help financially. By the way, K, we are still accepting donations for the building fund, still a little short. What a great inspiration to get a donation from a Big Red fan. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A conservative estimate is that they can expect to bring in double the revenue since they no longer have to split with some facility. Probably more than double when you count concessions and attendence at those great rivalry games. Since the stadium and improvements are virtually paid for before the actual building, should be a great help financially. By the way, K, we are still accepting donations for the building fund, still a little short. What a great inspiration to get a donation from a Big Red fan. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If I am not mistaken is was an MBA alumni, a Mr. Joe C. Davis (yes the same Mr. Joe C. Davis who donated MBA and Harpeth Hall's turf playing fields) that donated if not all, a majority of FR's weight lifting room. He is not only a gentleman, scholar, and athlete, but also a good catholic too.