Shelbyville Player injured

Crimson100

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman Lauren Warren was hit in the face by a line drive off the bat of her older sister senior Kayla Warren.

Should have surgery at Vandy on Wednesday.

Please have your team pray for this family!

I think I can speak for all the Coffee County players, coaches and parents.... we hope Lauren has a speedy recovery. Please post updates and let us know how she is doing.

I think I can speak for all the Coffee County players, coaches and parents.... we hope Lauren has a speedy recovery. Please post updates and let us know how she is doing.

Please also pass along our best to the family and to Kayla. Accidents happen. It is part of the game. Don't let an accident change your game. I have known some siblings it wouldn't bother at all, and some it would devastate. We hope the best for all.

Please also pass along our best to the family and to Kayla. Accidents happen. It is part of the game. Don't let an accident change your game. I have known some siblings it wouldn't bother at all, and some it would devastate. We hope the best for all.

When i said a prayer for Lauren and her family this morning i also prayed that this might somehow bring the girls closer and help them to realize that it is not always about winning and losing but that it is about playing and competing in a sport that we all ( all meaning not just the Shelbyville team but ALL ) love.

It is great to see the comments from fellow 8AAA teams on this site wishing Lauren and her family well.

Let this be a reminder to us all that as much as we love our own teams, it is our responsibility to be role models to all of these Student Athletes and to show them that it is about ALL of the girls in this district and region and the entire state, not just the ones on our teams.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND MOST OF ALL RIGHT NOW, GOOD LUCK TO LAUREN AND HER FAMILY!!!

We also wish Lauren a speedy recovery from Lawrence Co. And I feel for Kayla. Accidents do happen and I personally have seen and heard of way too many head/face injuries over the years of being involved in fastpitch softball (This is about the 10th time and 4th time in the past 6 months). The ball jumps extremely fast off these latest technology bats,and no matter how quick your reflexes are, things like this will happen. I urge all parents,coaches and players to PLEASE wear a face shield when in the infield. It is mandatory for my children and our travel teams. The kids are sometimes ridiculed for it, but they are safer for it and become numb to it in a very short time. They do not even notice it after a few practices and the "Game Face" does not even obstruct their view, it even helps them keep their head down and focused on ground balls without fear of being hit in the face on a bad hop. This mask does not protect the whole body, as nothing will protect against all injuries, but does protect a very vital part of the body where very serious injuries can happen in a flash. I do not push this brand and do not work for them, it's just I haven't tried any other brand.. So, for those of you that make fun of young ladies wearing these protective masks, I want you to remember times like these and make every effort to make things as safe as possible for our athletes. I hope I did not offend anyone, that is not the intention of this post. I hate to see things like this happen, and maybe this post will help eliminate a few future accidents.

Good luck to Lauren,Kayla and the Warren family.

Good luck to everyone this season and be SAFE

I've been told that Lauren is in surgery this afternoon (Wednesday) and everything was going fine.

Hope to post results later!

Lauren is out of surgery! Everything went good. She has three plates - above, around and under the eye to stabilize the eye socket. Should be able to go home tomorrow. The eye itself is fine so her eyesight should not be affected. Please continue to pray for her and her family.