Looking For Freestyle Tourneys

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm am looking to find some sort of Freestyle tournaments here in this off-season. If anyone could tell me where to find a schedule of perhaps name a few off, it'd be great.

All USAW sanctioned freestyle tournaments will be listed on the following page:

http://www.tennwrestling.com/schedulecurrent.html

There are currently only 3 tournaments listed for this year but those should each be excellent. I am hoping that some other clubs / schools / programs will decide to host tournaments this year. In the past the Higher Calling Wrestling Club has hosted multiple events and there are usually multiple in Memphis to go along with the Pat Nailen Classic.

To my knowledge only TWF / USAW will sanction freestyle / greco tournaments in TN so all tournaments should be on this page when they become official.

Are there any Freestyle/Greco tourneys in which will have an "Open" division this year?

If my memory serves me well the tourney @ Germantown normally does.

I know Independence does at the Freestyle and Greco State. Personally I am a state runner up, behind Rodney Cash in freestyle and Jared Grindstaff in Greco. I like to tell people im a state runner up, I just dont tell them who I faced and how many were in my "bracket". /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I know Independence does at the Freestyle and Greco State. Personally I am a state runner up, behind Rodney Cash in freestyle and Jared Grindstaff in Greco. I like to tell people im a state runner up, I just dont tell them who I faced and how many were in my "bracket". /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Those are two pretty good guys to be behind.

Georgia has several USA sanctioned Freestyle/Greco tournaments through the summer including the Southeast Regionals and the Georgia Games which is a three style Ironman event (a great open division tournament, I've seen everything from high schooler's to seniors citizens wrestle here). Alabama also has several AAU sanctioned Freestyle/Greco tournaments through the summer, just not as many as Georgia. Between the three states, there are many opportunities to wrestle through the summer. If you can travel a little farther, Florida wrestles all three style through the summer.

I'm am looking to find some sort of Freestyle tournaments here in this off-season. If anyone could tell me where to find a schedule of perhaps name a few off, it'd be great.

What area of the state are you from? You can go to my site (www.tennwrestling.com) to see tourney schedules. You will need your USA wrestling card of course to compete and I would suggest getting connected with a freestyle club. There is also a list of clubs on the TWF site that you can get to...

There was no pre-qualifiers last year for State But the big season ending tourney in Atlanta required you to have wrestled at your state championships. There currently are 3 major tourneys in TN but my club is going to about 4 in Indiana and a 1000 wrestler tourney up at Purdue University. We are taking a day trip. If you are a state runner up you should come train at my facility, you wont be runner up next year.

We also have the TNT (Tennessee National Team) duals and we go to either in Kansas, Missouri or Iowa. We take a duals team that is the best wrestler in Freestyle in the state in each weight to compete against the best duals team from across the USA. Its a great experience to get some national exposure.

Coach Trick

Lions Pride Grappling

Freestyle Tournaments

USA WRESTLING OHIO Greco/Freestyle Qualifier

Dayton, OH

April 04-04, 2009

Division(s): Senior University Junior Cadet Schoolboy/Girl Novice Intermediate Bantam

Style(s): Freestyle Greco

Venue: Carroll High School

Mater Dei Freestyle Tournament

Evansville, IN

April 04-04, 2009

Division(s): Junior Cadet Schoolboy/Girl Novice Intermediate Bantam

Style(s): Freestyle

Venue: Mater Dei High School

USA Wrestling FILA Cadets and University Nationals

Akron, OH

April 24-26, 2009

Division(s): Senior FILA Cadet